Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lose body fat

Options
  • 03-01-2016 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

SomI already exercise with my rugby team 2-3 times a week and I hit the gym/exercise on the other days. I'm never exhausted after trainings but I do want to lose weight, mainly body fat as I gained some while I was injured . I am currently 86kg. I take in roughly 187g of protein, 127g of fat and 122g of carbs each day which gives me 2,300 calories each day from that. I also have an apple, two small packets of sun maid raisins, 25g of pumpkin seeds and 25g of dried goji berries from tesco every day. I also eat a lot of green vegetables every day and take a cod liver oil supplement and a vitamin c supplement. I also drink a lot of green tea each day, roughly 5 cups. I mainly want to lose body fat. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can adjust this to help me lose body fat? My main goal is to lose body fat to increase the ratio between my one rep maxes and my body weight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I take in roughly 187g of protein, 127g of fat and 122g of carbs each day which gives me 2,300 calories each day from that.

I also have an apple, two small packets of sun maid raisins, 25g of pumpkin seeds and 25g of dried goji berries from tesco every day. I also eat a lot of green vegetables every day and take a cod liver oil supplement and a vitamin c supplement

Im confused by your use of also. You have pretty precise measurements of what you are consuming, and then say "I also have..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalacticoFC

Aside from the vegetables, the green tea and the two supplements the 'also...' Refers to stuff I added two weeks ago to try out but my weight has remained the same so far with them. Btw ate a load of sweets over Christmas so my fat is going up but I've cut them out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Aside from the vegetables, the green tea and the two supplements the 'also...' Refers to stuff I added two weeks ago to try out but my weight has remained the same so far with them. Btw ate a load of sweets over Christmas so my fat is going up but I've cut them out now

Adding additional calories to a diet won;t make you lose weight no matter where they come from. You need to either cut some stuff out or add in more exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're going to count macros and calories. Count everything. Not just most of it and then not bother with some other things.

Cur your calories (from everything) by 15-20%, keep your protein high and see how that goes over a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So you know about calories, I think this is good. You play rugby so I guess you don't want to risk losing nutrients etc that you take in.

Up the calorie consumption maybe?

For calories buring I've tried with running and cycling. I've found running is much better for the distance/time put in.

I played Tag Rugby for a bit though and read a little about Rugby training and they tend to advise not to do too much long distance running which I think they called Aerobic. Instead I think they recommended Anaerobic and the running version of that was interval training. Which seemed to boil down to:
    - Run about 300m, then walk 300m
    - Repeat

I think it's all about getting a springeyness going in the legs for fast reactions from a stopped position.

So.. maybe a whole bunch of Intervals?

Let's see, I remember 10k running was about 1000 calories and that always seemed to make a dent in my fat.

So 300m run + 300m walk = 600m

10k = 10,000m

Divide the 10,000 by 600 = roughly 17 times.

So maybe do a training program to build up to 20 intervals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

To be honest, your better off focusing in the diet without buying calories through exercise.

If the OP reduces their calories and sees how that goes, their loss or lack thereof will determine how to tweak the calories.

Trying to do a calorie calculation based on X interval runs and then factoring that into calorie intake is leaving you more of a hostage to fortune.

Advertisement