Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Detecting Laptop Screen on when Laptop Lid Closed

• 03-01-2016 1:54pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yet another problem with using my Spectre X360 as a desktop replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was connected with this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057543734

When I close the lid on my laptop screen and just want to use the desktop monitor that it is hooked up to, the screen goes off and Windows realises this and doesn't allow me to move the cursor off the edge of the screen disables the brightness controls and only sees the monitor in display properties.

However about 5 minutes later, the desktop screen flickers for a brief second, and I can move the mouse past the border of the desktop which means the cursor sometimes gets lost or things open on the other screen which I cannot see.

The graphics card can also detect the laptop screen again, and the brightness controls on the action centre become enabled again, which were disabled when the laptop was first closed.

Clearly there is some weird power issues going on here, but I can't fathom what they are and the event logs don't help.

Advertisement