Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best leisure centre hotel I letterkenny ???

Options
  • 03-01-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Basically I was wondering which hotel in letterkenny had a good pool sauna and steam room with a minor gym as I'm looking to join one. I was thinking on the hotel such as the raddisson, Mt errigal or the clanree, the reason I selected there and not the aura are. I would be looking some ere quiet with as little people as possible. The availability and times at which the pool maybe used, the aura has classes lessons etc on that prohibit times and opening hours.

I would like to go in the mornings or evenings and was wondering which if the 3 listed above would be best for having very few people and and having a quality facility et good clean changing facilities and etc.

And help opinions or advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

Well over a 100 views and no1 has an opinion or knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was looking before. I ended up not going with any but was planning on Clanree simply because it was cheaper. Main reason that was a factor was because I didn't want to spend too much on something I mightn't fully commit to. Not saying it'll be the same with you but a lot of people start with good intentions but doesn't last long. Same reason there are more people at a gym at this time of year than say March.

But from what I saw it was quiet there and I was told the best time to come would be in the morning if wanted to avoid kids.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was looking before. I ended up not going with any but was planning on Clanree simply because it was cheaper. Main reason that was a factor was because I didn't want to spend too much on something I mightn't fully commit to. Not saying it'll be the same with you but a lot of people start with good intentions but doesn't last long. Same reason there are more people at a gym at this time of year than say March.

But from what I saw it was quiet there and I was told the best time to come would be in the morning if wanted to avoid kids.

Surprisingly mt errigal will be cheaper than the clanree. I understand tjis is the busiest time of year but im just wonderi g how busy i could e pect them to be and what are he changing areas like and howany people would you expect to see in there on any given day monday to fri. Mpre interested in how user friendly the places are and which have the best setup. I was thinking maybe raddisson also bit more expenseive and pool smaller but im looking for it to be quiet. He changing areas are they individual rooms or open planned or what ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Maybe you could drop by each of the places and ask for a tour around before committing?

I'm sure they would have no issues showing you around the changing areas. You could also ask their quiet times and then drop by that time to see how many are there.

Thats actually a pretty good idea think I will do that but before I do could you give an opinion of which you would rate better the errigal r clanree just for arguments sake or why you would rate 1 over the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Oh, I'd have no idea ... I have never been inside a gym before in my life, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I joined the Radisson last November and love it. The opening hours are from 6-11 mon to fri and 8-8 Sat & Sun. I mostly go after 8 mid week and there are never more than a few other people in at that time. I hadn't seen the inside of a gym in twenty years when I joined and the staff were terrific at the start in terms of showing me how the use the machines etc.

Advertisement