Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Housing list

Options
  • 03-01-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

This came out today. http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/just-over-4900-people-on-kerrys-housing-waiting-list/ It is interesting that they realise and include that the overlap has greatly inflated the list. In case folk do not know, when you apply for social housing they give a list of areas and you tick your first three choices. Also there will be many on that list who were told they had to register to get RA when they did not.. I am not on that list! Happy in private rented accommodation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is there a point to this post? No query?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

TO get ra as a single person you need to be on the housing list,
    even though the chances of a single person in good health,
    with no child being offered a council flat is close to zero.
    so there,s 1000,s of people on the housing list who will never live in a council flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

riclad wrote: »
    TO get ra as a single person you need to be on the housing list,
    even though the chances of a single person in good health,
    with no child being offered a council flat is close to zero.
    so there,s 1000,s of people on the housing list who will never live in a council flat.

Not true. If you have been renting privately for I think 6 months, you qualify for rent allowance. It is either/or. I have no idea why CWOs give out the wrong info. I asked one council official after my 7 month wait with Cork and all he could say was " we LIKE everyone to be on the housing list" I rent privately am single and get rent allowance and have done seven years without being on the housing list. By all means check with threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

athtrasna wrote: »
    Is there a point to this post? No query?

Seem to have lost some of that post. I was making the point that housing lists are falsely inflated. I had nto realised this but it makes sense. If a person or family is on three area lists? So much is made of housing list stats in these days

Advertisement