Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

j26m wrote: »
    Can I ask what may be a stupid question?
    From my research, I know that PG carries flavour better than VG.
    If I see a recipe I'd like to try and it's, say, 20% PG, but I'd like to make it at, say 40% PG, should I reduce the percentage of flavouring used to not be overwhelmed by the flavour?
    If so, is there any rule of thumb for doing it?

Use a site like e-lr to alter any recipe you fancy: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

I wouldn't lower any flavours just because of higher PG, that's how you like your juice obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

When I mix I just assume 1ml of flavouring is the same as 1ml of PG. For a 50/50 mix I'd say 5ml VG, maybe 1ml nic, 1.5ml flavour and 3.5ml PG, assuming your flavours and nic are just PG based

If any of you self mixers get overloaded with some nice juice that you have made & the expiry date is ending shortly (what ever that is...LOL)
    I for one would buy it off you...
    I have mixed too much sometimes & I was forced to vape it in half a dozen different devices & then got sick of the taste...
    Just a thought...

If you let us know what kind of juices you like, we could swap for something maybe? Or say, €8 per 50ml? Just to cover ingredients/postage/bottles. I don't really sell juice, I make some up for people if they cover me for costs, and I just buy more DIY stuff with whatever they give me :)

Here's my latest whip up:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/575506/Super+Split

Oh, and I noted today I'm being followed by Rin Vapes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Here's my latest whip up:

That sounds really nice. I must give it a go next time I order some flavours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

If you let us know what kind of juices you like, we could swap for something maybe? Or say, €8 per 50ml? Just to cover ingredients/postage/bottles. I don't really sell juice, I make some up for people if they cover me for costs, and I just buy more DIY stuff with whatever they give me :)

I don't like juices with "Mint", "Lemon" or anything "Menthol"

Love to try others that you may have at 3mg or 6mg & what ever cost you think is fair to you,it will make a nice change to try something different as I tend to mix one flavour batches & they can be boring at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To create a juice line.

I don't like juices with "Mint", "Lemon" or anything "Menthol"

Love to try others that you may have at 3mg or 6mg & what ever cost you think is fair to you,it will make a nice change to try something different as I tend to mix one flavour batches & they can be boring at times.

I'll have a root, see what I got. Like I say, just cover the ingredients and postage and I'll send you some no bother. Or if you have any concentrates to swap?

So far so good moleyv, it'll take a week or more for the creams to really come through, but it's pretty good after an overnight air.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The accidental new career!

If it wasn't for the TPD I would be temped down this road I think maybe.

Don't think I could be bothered, it would be a lot of effort and relying on suppliers, and people would expect you to be cheap as chips but have better quality juice than the premiums. You need good labeling, nice bottles, the ability to mix large quantities regularly and have a good place to steep large bottles, You really should have a 'clean room' too ... you'd make a few pennies, but without a team behind you it'll be a lot of work for very little profit I imagine.

• Advertisement

Don't think I could be bothered, it would be a lot of effort and relying on suppliers, and people would expect you to be cheap as chips but have better quality juice than the premiums. You need good labeling, nice bottles, the ability to mix large quantities regularly and have a good place to steep large bottles, You really should have a 'clean room' too ... you'd make a few pennies, but without a team behind you it'll be a lot of work for very little profit I imagine.

I looked at costs a while back and costing at a business level for bulk is so crazy cheap compared to the price juice is sold at. Even selling wholesale to vendors reaps a huge profit.

There are a number of places that will do all the manufacturing too so no clean room or on hand supplies required. While this cuts into profit considerably you do get a JIT supply line and a very reduced startup cost.

The real end of the business is vendor and customer relations and ongoing PR.

Finally my nic, VG and custard arrived from DS. I can get to some serious mixing now. Was kind of sparing the nic I had left :D

Also just started my own mystery juice. Where all the no hopers will gather, and who knows what we'll end up with :D

Koolada, for a cool effect for deserts, you would want to keep it down to 0.5% I feel. I've used it at 1% for ice-cream and I just didn't like the texture. It added coolness, but it felt almost separate to the other flavours. It doesn't add any menthol taste, but a slight 'feel' of a menthol. It does work really well with other menthols like Creme de menthe, peppermint and your standard cap menthol etc though

Ok so did a little experiment with Koolada.

I wanted to add a ice effect to a White Russian cocktail I've been working on. I pulled 5ml from my main mix and added 1 drop (about .5%) to it. Quick shake and vape and I didn't notice much, maybe a bit more spiciness. Added a 2nd drop (1% now) and spiciness increases but now I get the sense of the back end of a mint, like if you've sucked the main flavour from a mint and have the aftertaste sensation in the mouth. So my take on Koolada is it's mint without the m, so it's -int. Not really cool ice as such but spicy and I can see how it might be better used with an actual mint/menthol type juice - maybe in super small amounts for a liquor effect or enhancer for that spicey alcohol mouth feel.

I'll see how it tastes in 24 hours for a fair judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Finally think it's time to take the plunge. Want to get 1l 72mg Nic / 5l vg 1l pg & a few flavours for the likes of fruity yogurts (love The Downside), creamy peach / orange, butterscotch and sharp citrus type mixes. I'll build up concentrates as I go along after checking out a few recipes.
    Is Darkstar the best option for Nic & VG / PG ? If it is, does anyone have any codes ? Please & Thanks

Darkstar are good on pricing, but expect sluggish delivery times. My last order took them 3 days to process, and I used AddressPal for a UK address which is also sluggish, so took 12 days total. The bottle I got the nic in had a dud cap. The child safety lock rung out on me so I actually had to drill through the cap and transfer the nic to other bottles, not good :( But ... I can't really blame DS for that, it's happened with a nic bottle from P'n@m too. Those caps are just ****. Quality-wise they are top notch in general, that one crap bottle cap aside. The nic is clean and doesn't stink, the VG is really good, love the bottles they send that in [great for making up long steep bulk batches, the 500ml and 1ltr bottles at least]

I had a code last month, but it's run out. Have a look about online, should be some still out there

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I used Darkstar and it took one week from order to being in my hand with parcel motel.

I think the code DS-VBH should still give around 13% off

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Was in Dublin today and popped into a few vape shops looking for a Cubis (no joy).

However, e-cirette in Talbot Street does have Flavour Art Flavours for 4 quid, which is not the worst if you happen to be in Dublin and just need a bit of a flavour or two.

However, e-cirette in Talbot Street does have Flavour Art Flavours for 4 quid, which is not the worst if you happen to be in Dublin and just need a bit of a flavour or two.

Nice one! Do they have a big range? - edit: looking at the website. They have a huge amount. Plus precoiled claptons. Great!

Nice one! Do they have a big range? - edit: looking at the website. They have a huge amount. Plus precoiled claptons. Great!

They seem to have most of them. I picked up a couple, and will again next time I'm in Dublin.

The price of the PG and VG is shocking though!

Hmm, they're actually cheaper then P'n'M for FA concentrates. They're missing a few, but one to bookmark maybe, they promise next day delivery too.

• Advertisement

The price of the PG and VG is shocking though!

I see that, jesus. I also notice they're still trying to sell provaris. They must be hard to shift these days.

In some ways their site looks like a vaping site from 5 years ago - but they have the odd gem. They really need to check their pricing. Being cheaper on one thing, then way more expensive on everything else, isn't great business practice I would imagine.

More DIY vape mail this morning!

Some more FA concentrates, beginning to like them a lot.

Now ... what to do with Joy .... smells like deep fried sugar batter

Now ... what to do with Joy ....

Having an existential moment... :pac:

383324.jpg

Oh don't, I had that for real recently, just turned that old 40 and was dreaming of dying for weeks :D

Oh don't, I had that for real recently, just turned that old 40 and was dreaming of dying for weeks :D

Child :-p

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Child :-p

mentality-wise, definitely :D

mentality-wise, definitely :D

And may it always be so

How much FA Butterscotch as a single flavour mix? I know it's stronger than TPA.
    Also, is it shake & vape?

• Advertisement

I'm doing a mix right now using FA butterscotch, it's the prominent flavour and I'm going 4.5% in a 14% total mixture .... I love butterscotch :D I have used TFA's at 7-8% in mixes with nice results.

As a single flavour mix, I would go 10% - 12% maybe. And if you wanted a more toffee-like note to it, 1% TFA caramel (original)

Advertisement