Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

That's very helpful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Darkstar are great value. Getting 30mls at first is scary though but it's so much cheaper that way.

Nearly out of my 100ml Strawberry Ripe at this stage, probably need to change it up. I have some CAP sweet strawberry but I could do with trying a few other vendors. FlavourArts didn't really stick out like people said but it's a nice juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've got some Inawera strawberry on the way to try out. I hear it's good. And if the concentrates I got from Jno are anything to go by, Inawera in general are mad strong. Which is cool, once you get by your initial cock ups :D because they will stretch a lot further. I the way it goes from ones I've used to date goes TFA > Cap [just about] > FA/FW > Inawera, as in how much is needed for good effect.

I'd say it depends on the specific concentrate too. TFA's Ripe Banana is easily 10x stronger than FA's Banana.

I have some concentrates that I don't think I'll ever end up using. Any swaps? 9ml of TFA Ripe Banana, 9ml of TFA Raspberry, 9ml of CAP sweet blueberry, 10ml of CAP passionfruit. Well over did some of these flavours early on.

Tried some sucralose there for the first time today after probably 5 months of owning it, actually pretty good stuff. Used the tiniest bit. 10ml would probably last your vaping life

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Putting in an order with Darkstar, 500ml of 72ml nicotine for 35 euro! Getting a few concentrates along with it.

Is there any discount codes running around?

• Advertisement

I'd say go for 250ml honestly, or the least you can get. I regret getting 500ml now. I think DS-VBH or DS-VHB should still work

chipfox wrote: »
    I'd say it depends on the specific concentrate too. TFA's Ripe Banana is easily 10x stronger than FA's Banana.

I have some concentrates that I don't think I'll ever end up using. Any swaps? 9ml of TFA Ripe Banana, 9ml of TFA Raspberry, 9ml of CAP sweet blueberry, 10ml of CAP passionfruit. Well over did some of these flavours early on.

Tried some sucralose there for the first time today after probably 5 months of owning it, actually pretty good stuff. Used the tiniest bit. 10ml would probably last your vaping life

I have inawera banana and raspberry on the way. Wouldn't mind trying that passionfruit though. I have 14ml of fruit circles (TFA) if you fancy that? I'll have a look through the pile see if I have anything else I won't use.

Can't find any new codes for DS, any of the ones I had are out of date. Will have a look out for them though

[edit] DS-VHB still works as chipfox just posted. Forgot that one

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

FA Nonna + FA Banana + FA Vienna = FA-ing Crack

Quite a kick of banana initially but steeps into the cake quite a bit but nice.

My wife makes a banana nut bread which I'm trying to rep.

I'd say go for 250ml honestly, or the least you can get. I regret getting 500ml now. I think DS-VBH or DS-VHB should still work

Cheers for that, DS-VHB worked a dream!

Went with 350ml of the nic, don't want to be throwing it out :o

8mm wrote: »
    FA Nonna + FA Banana + FA Vienna = FA-ing Crack

Quite a kick of banana initially but steeps into the cake quite a bit but nice.

My wife makes a banana nut bread which I'm trying to rep.

Nonna's + vienna is really good yeah. I've been trying them with various fruits and cookies and custards. I have a mix called 'Nonsense cake' - it was supposed to be a strawberry shortcake/custard slice. My missus loves it, but I feel the strawberry was completely lost. hoping Inawera strawberry will work better.

For banana nut bread something like Butter pecan would be good?

• Advertisement

For banana nut bread something like Butter pecan would be good?

She uses walnuts which I don't have a concentrate for yet. They tend to add a a soft crunchy texture and creaminess to the real thing. I could see any creamy type nut being good in this.

If you come up with a nice mix for it let us know. I think I'd like banana nut bread in a juice. Only nutty ones I have are hazelnut and maple pecan. Still trying to work them into something re-mixable.

Haven't bought any concentrates in a while... Feel kind of itchy. Any codes for chefsvapour? They have such a better selection than Darkstar.

Anyone try sugar cookie? Also what exactly is french vanilla?

Taking recommendations for any sort of cake / bakery stuff. I have butter cream, cake batter, lemon meringue pie, sugar cookie, chocolate glazed donut in my basket (all CAP). Getting some CAP graham cracker, just ran out of TFA's. Wondering how they compare if anybody knows

If you come up with a nice mix for it let us know. I think I'd like banana nut bread in a juice. Only nutty ones I have are hazelnut and maple pecan. Still trying to work them into something re-mixable.

Sure.

Maple is nice flavour (real one anyhow) but I'd say it could be quite dominant. Nonna + maple pecan + a cream could be nice.

Haven't bought any concentrates in a while... Feel kind of itchy. Any codes for chefsvapour? They have such a better selection than Darkstar.

Anyone try sugar cookie? Also what exactly is french vanilla?

Taking recommendations for any sort of cake / bakery stuff. I have butter cream, cake batter, lemon meringue pie, sugar cookie, chocolate glazed donut in my basket (all CAP). Getting some CAP graham cracker, just ran out of TFA's. Wondering how they compare if anybody knows

Sugar cookie is pretty good, I only got the V2 version but even that adds a nice, sweet, cakey-cookie vibe. I've seen mixes that used it as the prominent flavour, It's used in some of the top recipes on e-r which is a good sign.

You should try nonna's cake too, it's a sweet spongey cake, with just a tiny hint of lemon. It' amazing along with Vienna cream, or Bavarian, like 8mm suggested, or any custards.

Choc glazed donut is pretty good, IMO at least. I bastardized 'Bronuts' to suit myself and it's definitely a re-mixer.
    8mm wrote: »
    Sure.

Maple is nice flavour (real one anyhow) but I'd say it could be quite dominant. Nonna + maple pecan + a cream could be nice.

I bought it actually when I couldn't get hold of any butter pecan. I knew it would be different of course, but I've found it tricky to make use of, and I like maple. Maybe I have been trying too hard, what you recommend there is nice and simple and will probably work.

Is Nonna's FA? So many top flavours sold out on chefsvapour god damn. I wanted FA Joy too but that's out of stock as well... Same for Meringue!

I looked into FlavorWest just because I see them used a bit, they're very cheap. Added Yellow Cake and Hazelnut to the basket. What is Vienna Cream like? There are too many creams....

Forgot about Cheesecake Graham dust so there's another

Yeah Nonna's is FA, it's been the go to for ex-cake yellow lovers for a while now. As cake yellow is a known coil gunker.

Joy is great, I thought it would be hard to work with when I first got it, it's very intense. But it's a wonderful backing to bakery type recipes, especially donuts and heavy cakes. I've also gave it a try in cereals to good effect. It gives a kind of sugary, deep fried, yeasty-cake batter sense. It's probably either that or cake batter I think. They say it's supposedly a cotton candy type, I really don't get that from it. I do get what they mean about the carnival atmosphere though, it's more like deep fried sugared cakes like funnel cakes/crepes/deep fried doughnuts

I'll be topping up some of mine this week too, I just get the FA stuff from P'n'M. Not the cheapest, but reliable. And they have the good ones.

Some talk around of FlavorWest using sugar / hfcs in some of their concentrates.

Doesn't sound too good for atomizers or lungs. The heat probably carbonises the sugar creating all sorts of badness.

I think that's what happened with Cake yellow, that was FW. It was mad popular then they released the info on their flavourings and people stopped using it. FA must have seen a nice opening there and Nonna's was born :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

That cake yellow is potent stuff.

• Advertisement

never actually tried it personally, I had planned on getting some but then the data on FW concentrates came out. So i went in search of Nonna's. For an FA concentrate Nonna's cake is actually quite mellow, not overpowering in any way. 2-3% seems to be just right in a mix

I had it at 0.7% in a mix and it was borderline too much

moleyv wrote: »
    I had it at 0.7% in a mix and it was borderline too much

I assume you mean cake yellow? Nonna's cake is nowhere near as strong

I assume you mean cake yellow? Nonna's cake is nowhere near as strong

Yeah cake yellow. It tastes too fake too.

You would like Nonna's, trust me. There's nothing to dislike really, unless you absolutely despise lemon, because it does have a wee hint of it. It's the soft, delicate sponge cake your Nan used to make. 'Nonna' is Italian for Nanna/Granny

Interesting... 10ml is only £1 on chefsvapour too. I looked up FW and they don't seem to get great reviews apart from cake yellow, hazelnut and blood orange.

Probably still going to order it, most of what I vape is probably pure acetoin and diacetyl anyway. I find the vaping community (at least on reddit) are too quick to get the pitchforks out. I don't know how much fructose is in these juices but I'm guessing it's tiny. If it gunks coils as bad as people say I'll probably not use it anyway.

Ordered a 30ml of darkstar vanilla custard concentrate, anyone have any experience?!

What's a good blueberry conecntrate?

Never tried any darkstar brand but would love a review. Custards are my #1 favourite

@j26m, TFA/TPA Blueberry Wild (or Wild Blueberry can't remember which way) is probably the nicest. It's fairly mild but has the most natural taste. I have Capella's too but it's really sweet, like a blue mr. freeze or something.

• Advertisement

Never tried any darkstar brand but would love a review. Custards are my #1 favourite

@j26m, TFA/TPA Blueberry Wild (or Wild Blueberry can't remember which way) is probably the nicest. It's fairly mild but has the most natural taste. I have Capella's too but it's really sweet, like a blue mr. freeze or something.

Tis going on my Darkstar order then. Cheers!

Advertisement