Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

An idiom for E-dym...

'kopnąć w kalendarz' - 'to kick the calendar'
    'wyciągnąć kopyta' - 'to stretch the hooves'
    'wąchać kwiatki od spodu' - 'to smell the flowers from underneath'
    'wsiąść w czarny autobus' - 'to get on a black bus'
    'pójść na tamten świat' - 'go to the other world'
    'walnąć w ramy' - 'to hit the frame'

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

mossymac! wrote:
    Wonder if this is gonna be a shipping staging area - GB having been doing this lately - had a package from them last week with an An Post tracking number, package was sent, then disappeared from a week or two before magically appearing in this country with one of those yellow stickers showing that it had originated outside the EU

Strange you say that.. Ive a package on the way from 3fvape that has been given a tracking number that track17 ties to Anpost.. first time Ive ever seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

E-dym is back up, but a little different, anyone know how it's going to run now?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

If not for the frontpage I wouldn't have noticed much different. Might take a run around and see if I can justify an order.

mossymac! wrote: »
    If not for the frontpage I wouldn't have noticed much different. Might take a run around and see if I can justify an order.

I noticed they shifted some of the menu about, 'coming soon' , 'promotions' etc got shifted down, but yeah, otherwise pretty much the same, but the email also changed so I have sent them a message asking if they still ship from the same locale. See if they answer.

Just noticed also, the search function on there no longer works

• Advertisement

The Poles are a wily lot and if there is a loop hole around "internet sales" then no doubt there on it.

So stuff ordered in Hong Kong but is it shipped from there and will we have to watch out for customs?

Or as above except some Chinese lad phones a shop in Poland and says I'd like this can you send it me in Ireland (or the cheapest equivalent that gets around Polish internet sales laws).

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

This is the store address shown on the site now:
    Arborous Industry Corp. Limited
    unit 2107, Lippo Centre Tower 2,
    89 Queensway, Admiralty
    Hong Kong

They can move the headquarters to timbuktu for all I care :D - question is will the goods still ship out of Poland & will they now be fashioned with that stupid yellow sticker to alert customs

How nice of them - they managed to keep all our personal info - but not the order history or discount level

Nope, nope, nope

Pay by bank wire ONLY - take a running jump for yerselves :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I just came across this on ELR.
    It's a good guide for anyone who is thinking of getting into diy.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/a-beginners-guide-to-making-the-most-highly-rated-recipes/83612

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Anyone have a good cola recipe? The ones I see online all look a bit basic, just cola and vanilla usually. Also, could anyone tell me how long cola would need to steep for? I'm hoping it won't take too long seeing as it's so sweet.

I just came across this on ELR.
    It's a good guide for anyone who is thinking of getting into diy.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/a-beginners-guide-to-making-the-most-highly-rated-recipes/83612

Good stuff yeah, I read that when I signed up on there first.

I would ignore a LOT of the "highly rated" recipes though, many of them were voted up in the early days of E-LR when their member count was low. They were all favor-rating one another. I've tried some of the hyped ones, like Rhodonite, and some of them are just .... bland, lifeless. Better to learn the basics of mixing and then create your own. Trial and error teaches you just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Anyone have a good cola recipe? The ones I see online all look a bit basic, just cola and vanilla usually. Also, could anyone tell me how long cola would need to steep for? I'm hoping it won't take too long seeing as it's so sweet.

Don't have a recipe but I remember reading a while back that a few drops of lemon really makes cola flavour pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Anyone know how long you need to steep Flavour Art Apple Pie?

I have a small sampler made, and it smells good already.

I would give it a week and then test it daily from there. That's why I have a couple of RDA, handy for testing on the go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to trawl back:rolleyes:, looking for recommendations for good single concentrate mixes, any flavour, per centage mix would be appreciated also.

jno547 wrote: »
    Probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to trawl back:rolleyes:, looking for recommendations for good single concentrate mixes, any flavour, per centage mix would be appreciated also.

Flavourart Fuji at 5-6% would be good, so long as you like Granny smith type apple

Capella's chocolate glazed doughnut is supposed to be good solo too, I'd go for 12% on that

Cap's peaches and cream is pretty much the sole ingredient of Space Jam's Omega apparently - at 15%

The closest I have to a single is a double if you can go to that...

6% FA Apple Pie
    3% FA Marzipan

This is really nice and tastes like it's a lot more complex then it really is.

More like a Italian almond slice straight from the bakers and you wouldn't even think of apple pie. Good to go after a couple of days steep.

Flavourart Fuji at 5-6% would be good, so long as you like Granny smith type apple

Capella's chocolate glazed doughnut is supposed to be good solo too, I'd go for 12% on that

Cap's peaches and cream is pretty much the sole ingredient of Space Jam's Omega apparently - at 15%
    8mm wrote: »
    The closest I have to a single is a double if you can go to that...

6% FA Apple Pie
    3% FA Marzipan

This is really nice and tastes like it's a lot more complex then it really is.

More like a Italian almond slice straight from the bakers and you wouldn't even think of apple pie. Good to go after a couple of days steep.

Thanks guys, sounds good,will try them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Flavour Art Raspberry or Strawberry at 5-6% works.
    I like TFA Apple Pie or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream at 10%.

I've used t juice,vampirevape and pickandmix clones frequently and am still a big fan of all 3. I suppose I'm after simplicity in the form of Capella, FA or TPA as there appear to be a lot of new flavours added since I last used them.

There's no end in sight either :(:D

I swore I wasn't going down the route of actual mixing - so I'm just gonna pretend I didn't place an order with Darkstar yesterday :D

btw the discount code DS35TFA still works in Darkstar - 35% off TFA flavours - I worked out with the exchange rate, delivery & ParcelMotel I got the 30ml TFA's @ €3.30 each

There's no end in sight either :(:D

I swore I wasn't going down the route of actual mixing - so I'm just gonna pretend I didn't place an order with Darkstar yesterday :D

btw the discount code DS35TFA still works in Darkstar - 35% off TFA flavours - I worked out with the exchange rate, delivery & ParcelMotel I got the 30ml TFA's @ €3.30 each

Yup, I was topping up my basket on there earlier, and tried that code. I hope it stays until I complete ... as in, have the funds to buy what I want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Needed a storage solution for all my flavours so I built a wee shelf unit. The things nearly full already. Should have thought ahead and built bigger!
    IMAG0932.jpg

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Needed a storage solution for all my flavours so I built a wee shelf unit. The things nearly full already. Should have thought ahead and built bigger!
    IMAG0932.jpg

Nice,serious collection of Squapes there.

I have a box, it was a Newgrange crystal wine glass box or something, stuffed full of concentrates. It's neat, but when looking for a certain concentrate it can be a bit of a fish in the pond hunt. I might make up something like this at some point.

I have a box

LOL - I swear I was visualising a cardboard shoebox :D

Wonder if we could do a group buy on sheds :D

• Advertisement

I have a tin box - yeah one of those that you get a load of sweets in at Xmas time.

It can be a bit of fishing for flavours but on the other hand it's light proof and seals mostly air tight, I've also thrown in a few of those little moisture collector bags so the air is always dry.

Advertisement