Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Greek yogurt is pretty sour on it's own, if you have some marshmallow or any vanilla creams? I'd add some to cream it up a little. never had it solo, I love it with some fruit though

Thanks Cagey,I'll do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You'll know by the smell of the Greek yo how tart it is, which I do like. But I always feel it just needs a teensy bit of sweetening. It's great stuff in that you could add any fruit to it and it'll be good

jno547 wrote: »
    I've used their Beach Yogurt which is very good,a refreshing flavour with that creamy yogurt after taste, Dragons Blood also but for the life of me I cant remember what it's like:o

I'll do that Dragons Blood later today & let you know Tomorrow,unless somebody says it's sh1t...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

I'm about to mix 4 of the PicknMix pre-mixed concentrates after dinner...

Greek Yogurt 10ml The Flavor Apprentice
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch Recipe 10ml
    Dragons Blood Recipe 10ml
    Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe 10ml

Dragons Blood aint bad @ 20% (although I've never tasted Dragon Fruit so no baseline :D )

Key Lime Cheesecake is lovely @ 17% (Can go lower, but 17 is good)

Never tried the Cinnamon Toast

The Greek Yogurt is gonna need to be mixed with something though - mabye do a coupla small testers - 1ml Key Lime / 1ml Greek / 8ml PG/VG/Nic - and the same for the Dragons Blood - think they might turn out ok.

I have 4 drippers coiled & wicked & the 4 juices are mixed,I might let them steep overnight & try them tomorrow.
    That's 9 RDA's I have going at one time & not to mention 30 odd RTA's & a bunch of clearo's:D:D:D:D bluddy mad I am,but nice...:cool:

• Advertisement

Sanity is wildly overrated :D
    il_340x270-633339889_ry0s.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D They say there are more out than in...:D

Leisureliquids Cheese and Onion Concentrate
    cheese%20and%20onion-500x500.jpg

I wanna Tayto Sandwich recipe - get crackin' :D :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Thats not a tayto bag :)

Yeah outta here with them forden crisps!!!

:D

• Advertisement

Feck off - I thought I was doing well to find any Cheese & Onion concentrate :p

Not something I'll ever mix that's for sure. I like savoury foods, but for vaping, I like me sweeties :P

Yes, and this won't work well with TFA Greek Yogurt :p:D:D

mossymac! wrote:
    Feck off - I thought I was doing well to find any Cheese & Onion concentrate

Lol.. let us know how it works out.. :)

LOL - If I'm doing it ................................. badly :D

Anyway - already shot my monthly budget to hell several times this month :) What is the concentrate version of shinyitis - smellyitis just don't sound like something to have pride over :D

Well it's official - Parcel Motel are now using a new fleet of ..........................
    9200.w900.r16-9.37984f8.jpg
    Received and email from Darkstar today informing me that my package had finally dispatched ...................... about 45 minutes before that I got an email from PM telling me they had the package in Dublin :D

That's one thing about DS I hate, they can be a bit sluggish to dispatch - though i ordered yesterday and got the email today to say it's being shipped. I bet it still takes 10 days to get to the post office.

Ordered on Monday morning - so not too shabby this time. Although up until midnight last night it was still showing as processing which couldn't be right if it made Antrim & then Dublin today. Chefs are faster but having to click into everything to find out if there is stock pisses me off no end.

I forgot what i even ordered so just checked there, looks like I'll be making some Rice krispie cake type mixes :D

I think AddressPal are a lot to do with the sluggish deliveries from there too though. I asked in the PO once if they had any AP packages in, they reluctantly went to search and my package was indeed in there. I use this over PM simply because it's a lot easier for me to collect from.

I forgot what i even ordered so just checked there, looks like I'll be making some Rice krispie cake type mixes :D

I think AddressPal are a lot to do with the sluggish deliveries from there too though. I asked in the PO once if they had any AP packages in, they reluctantly went to search and my package was indeed in there. I use this over PM simply because it's a lot easier for me to collect from.

AddressPal lost my package at St.Albans,I even showed them the Royal Mail signed for receipt I got from the Ebay seller & they wont cover the loss.
    PayPal wont cover me because the seller had proof that it was delivered.
    At least,PM covers lost items...

• Advertisement

Don't jinx me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Where's everybody at when it comes to stocking up on nicoteen before the TPD digs it's heels in?

My understanding is vendors can not get new stock after November and must stop selling by May 2017. Don't really know if I'm right on that and want to make sure I get some more nic before it's gone and also want to get as late as possible so as to have the freshest for long term storage.

Well behind where I'd like to be tbh. I have 100ml of nic that I just opened today, hoping to stock up on some soon though. Get at least 500ml to do for a good while.

Well behind where I'd like to be tbh. I have 100ml of nic that I just opened today, hoping to stock up on some soon though. Get at least 500ml to do for a good while.

But how long of a good while will be enough? Is there really any light at the end of this tpd tunnel or will we need to eventually resort to meeting dodgey fiends down back alleyways to get our fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

There will always be a black market but no quality control. Also you will be able to get small 10ml * 20mg bottles with much increased cost.

I suppose with Brexit there's a chance all the TPD stuff will be annulled and we'll be back to 80's style shopping trips to the UK.

I'll probably store 2 or 3 litres as I make juice up for some friends and that should do me for around 5 years+.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I have 2 litres in the freezer and still have anxiety about not being able to get nic...

Any codes lads? Need some of the essentials

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

long time since Ive posted on forum,always lurking.

i ordered 500ml nic from The E-cig shop in UK at what i think was a reasonable price.

http://thee-cigshop.co.uk/DIY/Nicotine/Nicotine-Base-72mg-500ml

They sent me 100ml by mistake,I sent an email,and they replied saying sorry theyll send my order again.

so I got 600ml 7.2% nic for 28 sterling plus post plus parcel motel fees(dont ship nic outside UK)

first order was made on monday and by yesterday evening (thursday) i had 600ml nic.pretty good from the UK i think. only thing is the expiry date,07/17. At 7.2% tho i dont think this is much of a problem.

glicster wrote: »
    long time since Ive posted on forum,always lurking.

i ordered 500ml nic from The E-cig shop in UK at what i think was a reasonable price.

http://thee-cigshop.co.uk/DIY/Nicotine/Nicotine-Base-72mg-500ml

They sent me 100ml by mistake,I sent an email,and they replied saying sorry theyll send my order again.

so I got 600ml 7.2% nic for 28 sterling plus post plus parcel motel fees(dont ship nic outside UK)

first order was made on monday and by yesterday evening (thursday) i had 600ml nic.pretty good from the UK i think. only thing is the expiry date,07/17. At 7.2% tho i dont think this is much of a problem.

I wouldn't worry on expiry dates, nic is like sugar, more likes best before than 'use by'. As in, it'd go stale before 'bad'. You can freeze it to prolong it's life too.

The prices there are much like DarkStar, where I get my nic. 500ml = £27.99, and I use AddressPal, which is similar to PM, €3.50 pick ups.

500ml of 7.2% nic is enough to make enough 3mg juice to last me and my partner 2yrs. That's vaping constantly [based on 20ml juice per day]. A couple of litres of it would last us years, and if needed, could be stretched a lot further by dropping in nic and just not chaining so much.

As is, I have enough juice already steeping away to last us months, well into the new year. And I have just opened a fresh 100ml of nic. I keep mixing because i enjoy it, not because I need to. of course that may well change, and I'll be just mixing to vape, that's when it'll last even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

glicster wrote: »
    {snip} only thing is the expiry date,07/17. At 7.2% tho i don't think this is much of a problem.

The expiry date is based on the known shelf life of PG and VG in proper conditions. It's not a hard and fast indication but it's useful. 500ml can be split into 60ml amber or dark bottles and stored in a freezer until needed. The juice won't freeze but it will be thick and gloopy to handle so let it come to room temp. This also stops condensation adding moisture to the mix.

If it was a premixed e-juice I would say respect the expiry dates as the flavourings are the unknown ingredient. No FDA guidelines for e juice so no definitive expiry date. It's based on guess work from the expiry dates on the individual ingredients not on the mixture.
    It's another thing that really does need sorting but for now all we have to go on are the ingredients standards.

• Advertisement

Bored of my current diy mixes and panic stations setting in as juice stocks diminish rapidly😨.. Anyone have some good mixes they would recommend.. simpler the better as im not one for fiddling with half a mill here and half a mill there.. recommended one shots will do aswell.. Thanks!

Advertisement