Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Oh yeah, you're on here too ... :D

I find you cannot go wrong with a good Greek yogurt mix: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/906215/G-yo%20S

You can pretty much swap and change any fruits you like, just use the yogurt base.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Oh yeah, you're on here too ...

I am :)

Thanks for that, ill give it a go :)

So has anyone ordered from e-dym since they went all Chinese on us?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Last time I tried they would only accept Wire Transfer - it'll be a cold day in hell :)

mossymac! wrote: »
    Last time I tried they would only accept Wire Transfer - it'll be a cold day in hell :)

Yeah, what in the holy funk is that BS? I went to make an order, was eager to try them out since that weird take over. Went through the motions, all seemed fine until bank wire crap appeared. Sad :( Why can't they just use paypal? damn, even if you had to split your orders to work around custome, but then .... if you wanted a nice mod they had, you're likely to have customs issues either way. I'm deleting it from my bookmarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Got an order of 2 litres of VG from Lubrisolve through eBay.

Cost me a bit over €10 and free UK shipping - add €3.95 for going through Parcel Motel.

Ordered last Thursday and got it Monday.

And their VG is 99.8% pure - best purity I've found, it's often hard to get this info from the usual vendors.

8mm wrote: »
    Got an order of 2 litres of VG from Lubrisolve through eBay.

Cost me a bit over €10 and free UK shipping - add €3.95 for going through Parcel Motel.

Ordered last Thursday and got it Monday.

And their VG is 99.8% pure - best purity I've found, it's often hard to get this info from the usual vendors.

I get 2ltrs from DS for just over €8, I'm not sure how 'pure' it is, but I always found it very clean and nicely bottled.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Chefs flavours code - notatexpo - 25% off everything bar a few premix concentrates.

Allan45121 wrote:
    Chefs flavours code - notatexpo - 25% off everything bar a few premix concentrates.

Hopefully last for the weekend.. Or does it say it anywhere how long it runs for?

These bloody codes always appear when I'm up to my eyes in bills :(

But thanks for that, I'll have to have a peek at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

247music wrote: »
    Hopefully last for the weekend.. Or does it say it anywhere how long it runs for?

it lasts till sunday dunno what time :)

79bfc0699316f76142027b53f29e880c.jpg

We are an impatient lot us vapers :D In my case I'm awaiting some concentrates, and they better bloody be here by Mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Damn I order from them last week. Just realised I'm nearly out of VG though....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

So, I got an order of 10 flavours from DS along with nic, pg and vg. I could just look for existing recipes that use those flavours, but I want to know how to do it all from scratch.

For example I have an apple pie (TFA), Sweet cream (TFA) and pie crust (TFA) and double apple (cap) that I think should be the basis of a nice apple pie vape. So far so good, but now what?

I really don't know where to go from here. Is there a non-vaping method of tasting flavours and percentages? For instance can I dilute them with water instead of pg/vg and just put them in my mouth? Would that be in any way representative of what the vaped product may be like? It seems like that would shorten the process considerably.

Actually, I just put some pre-made liquid in my mouth that I like and it was hugely overpowering. What way do the rest of you do it?

Also, when it comes to testing the flavours by vaping, is getting a dripper my best option so that I don't have to use a tank all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do is sign up to http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

You can look up notes on any concentrates you have, see what the general consensus on preferred % for each might be and experiment from there. Also read through this very thread, some good tips throughout, that's how I started. I had a good idea how to go about it, but wanted some reassurance.

There's also some great beginner vids/tutorials on youtube to get you going:

watch those, and search through both channels for more. Not a bad place to start.

I just taste the concentrates. Make 10mls of mixes as tests, adjust % after. The highest amount of concentrates you'd want to be hitting is 15%-20% although some people do a lot less. Depends on the concentrate.

I'd find I'd use 5 times as much Apple Pie as I would Pie Crust. The crust seems really strong

Tbh, I just go by a sniff tester, gone so used to a lot of the flavourings I know right off how strong they are and how they should develop. I never mix anything less than 30ml now, mostly 100ml mixes

Pie crust is a 1%-er, it'll start to taste like burnt crust if you go too high so i agree with chip on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I was up half the night reading this thread with interest last night!
    I can see that there are great advantages to making your own.Not just cost but control too.
    I'm fairly new to vaping so don't want to stray too far from what im using at the moment.I'm vaping healthier choice/hale rainbow 6mg 50/50 at 10ml a day(has anyone vaped it?).To me its a fruity citrus taste,Its not too sweet and doesnt appear too complicated to me.
    So i'm looking at the cloudhouse starter kit.Its €25 for the components to make 300ml of juice.Would this be a good idea or would I be better off buying seperate nic,pg/vg and say a few flavours like citrus punch/tutti fruity from darkstar?I will probably go the weight route as I already have a suitable scales and it looks easier/cleaner!

I would go the Darkstar route. I use them a lot for nic and VG, hard to beat for value.

For £25 or so you can easily make a few litres of juice. Get 100ml 7.2% nic, a litre of both PG and VG and your concentrates. You have the scales already which is great. And buy some plastic bottles, 30/50/100ml whatever you fancy. DS don't do them, I get my bottles here: http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62 I also use them for certain flavorings that DS never seem to have in stock. But otherwise they're pretty dear for flavorings and nic/VG/PG

100ml of 72mg nic is enough to make 12 litres of juice @ 6mg strength. You won't have to buy that often. Just get more VG/PG as required. But to start a litre of each of those will see you good for 2 litres of juice.

Only thing about DS is you need to use a UK address, so you want to have Parcel Motel or AddressPal, and they can take anything up to 10 days to deliver. Just plan ahead.

I would go the Darkstar route. I use them a lot for nic and VG, hard to beat for value.

For £25 or so you can easily make a few litres of juice. Get 100ml 7.2% nic, a litre of both PG and VG and your concentrates. You have the scales already which is great. And buy some plastic bottles, 30/50/100ml whatever you fancy. DS don't do them, I get my bottles here: http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62 I also use them for certain flavorings that DS never seem to have in stock. But otherwise they're pretty dear for flavorings and nic/VG/PG

100ml of 72mg nic is enough to make 12 litres of juice @ 6mg strength. You won't have to buy that often. Just get more VG/PG as required. But to start a litre of each of those will see you good for 2 litres of juice.

Only thing about DS is you need to use a UK address, so you want to have Parcel Motel or AddressPal, and they can take anything up to 10 days to deliver. Just plan ahead.

Thanks a million for that.I use parcel motel already so thats one hurdle down!

• Advertisement

I used healthier choice stuff for about a year. They're grand mostly but eventually it was them that made me go DIY. Every time I got their strawberry I was convinced they were adding less and less flavour. My first ever DIY mix was literally just 10% TFA Strawberry Ripe, miles better than the crap they were selling. Can't really go back to spending 4 quid for 10ml after that

I noticed that with DIY I need to buy about double the amount of VG that I did PG. If you're going to stay on 50/50 (I still prefer that ratio the most) then most concentrates and nicotine are in PG. If 25% of your mixes are flavours and nicotine then you need exactly half as much. It's handy. I have about 4 litres of PG and almost not VG left. Spend the tiny savings on more flavours!

For weight you'll need bottles that can easily drip VG and PG otherwise you'll just end up using a syringe AND a scales. I just use 50ml syringes they're pretty handy

Use the code POTV on darkstar if you can't find any better ones online. Chances are if you look you'll find a better one though

chipfox wrote: »
    I used healthier choice stuff for about a year. They're grand mostly but eventually it was them that made me go DIY. Every time I got their strawberry I was convinced they were adding less and less flavour. My first ever DIY mix was literally just 10% TFA Strawberry Ripe, miles better than the crap they were selling. Can't really go back to spending 4 quid for 10ml after that

I noticed that with DIY I need to buy about double the amount of VG that I did PG. If you're going to stay on 50/50 (I still prefer that ratio the most) then most concentrates and nicotine are in PG. If 25% of your mixes are flavours and nicotine then you need exactly half as much. It's handy. I have about 4 litres of PG and almost not VG left. Spend the tiny savings on more flavours!

For weight you'll need bottles that can easily drip VG and PG otherwise you'll just end up using a syringe AND a scales. I just use 50ml syringes they're pretty handy

Use the code POTV on darkstar if you can't find any better ones online. Chances are if you look you'll find a better one though

Cheers chipfox thanks for the help,much appreciated.

Whats pushing me towards diy along with the cost is availability of the juice I use tbh.Nothing worse than being low on the juice you want and finding it out of stock.I reckon having the ability to mix up my own would be very handy.And easier to know when more supplies need to be ordered.

I know I'm not going to make something exactly the same as the fusion rainbow but at those prices something similar will do!Have you any recommendation for fruit flavours?I dont think strawberry would be my thing,its more citrus~lemon~tropical~fruit salad kinda thing,this stuff that im using reminds me a bit of lilt!Not everyones cup of tea,I know:pac:

Well thats done anyway.
    I ordered 250ml nic,1l vg,1l pg,5 x 10ml syringes.Bavarian cream,citrus punch,Italian lemon sicily,rainbow sherbet,tutti fruitti all 30ml.£6.95 shipping to pm,bit saucy!(Do they offer free UK shipping at any amount?I had over £60 in the basket at one stage but it was still £6.95 shipping)But the disc code took off £2.75 so not bad I suppose.£47/€54 all in,for nothing really if it works out,considering its costing me €30 a week as it stands.Now to get some bottles,I might be able to get some new food grade 30ml/50ml/100ml drip tip bottles from someone I know,would 3 of each be a good start?

magentis wrote: »
    Well thats done anyway.
    I ordered 250ml nic,1l vg,1l pg,5 x 10ml syringes.Bavarian cream,citrus punch,Italian lemon sicily,rainbow sherbet,tutti fruitti all 30ml.£6.95 shipping to pm,bit saucy!(Do they offer free UK shipping at any amount?I had over £60 in the basket at one stage but it was still £6.95 shipping)But the disc code took off £2.75 so not bad I suppose.£47/€54 all in,for nothing really if it works out,considering its costing me €30 a week as it stands.Now to get some bottles,I might be able to get some new food grade 30ml/50ml/100ml drip tip bottles from someone I know,would 3 of each be a good start?

There's no turning back now!!! :D

You'll love it, honestly. It's easy enough to get into to. I find the hardest part is coming up with new recipes tbh :)

You should also sign up to http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

It's great for keeping a record of your mixes, and indeed for creating them, their built in mix calculator is as good as any. It's I use.

I went through a phase of only vaping some grape flavour that was practically never in stock. Nothing stopping a shop just dropping your favourite juice entirely and then you're screwed

I'd say once you whip up a few batches you'll just end up preferring it to any of the bought stuff. Think there's just some satisfaction with the added flexibility. Just ended up using Italian Lemon Sicily for the first time today, really lovely lemon vape. I used to love the lemon and the lime healthier choice ones. I think those lads just use f*** all concentrates in their mixes honestly

I have about 12 of those used h choice bottles i'm wondering if I could reuse those just to make 10ml testers,getting the smell/taste out of them might be a problem,its almost like it has soaked into the plastic!Its looking like I can get 3 or 4 30ml plastic dropper bottles and 3 or 4 50ml amber glass bottles,but no 100ml.Is there any bricks and mortar shops I could buy a couple of 100ml dropper bottles?
    Just on steeping,if I was just using one flavour to start should I leave it steep for long?

Sorry for all the questions!

I wash out and re-use bottles all the time. If it's only for my own personal use it's all good. I find hot water with a tip of fairy does the trick, give it a good shake about. And rinse out well, obviously, leave them to drip dry and you're golden. the hardest part I find there is removing the old labels, some of them can be stubborn buggers :D

I've seen people use ultra sonic cleaners, you can get them for about €20-30

Something like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasonic-Stainless-Transducer-High-Power-Commodities/dp/B00M53040G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478201233&sr=8-2&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

I might actually get one some time

I wash out and re-use bottles all the time. If it's only for my own personal use it's all good. I find hot water with a tip of fairy does the trick, give it a good shake about. And rinse out well, obviously, leave them to drip dry and you're golden. the hardest part I find there is removing the old labels, some of them can be stubborn buggers :D

I've seen people use ultra sonic cleaners, you can get them for about €20-30

Something like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasonic-Stainless-Transducer-High-Power-Commodities/dp/B00M53040G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478201233&sr=8-2&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

I might actually get one some time

I was thinking of one of those ultrasonic cleaners too,they help with mixing too according to one of those videos.I could always tell the missus i bought it for her to clean her jewellery :pac:

I just ended up buying the 30ml 50ml 100ml bottles from picknmix(I didnt realize they were in Ireland)postage was grand at €3.50 that pick10 code wouldn't work.

I will clean out the 10ml ones and use them for testing small mixes.

pick'n'mix's 100nl bottles are great, love them. I wish more bottles had the wide opening, great to be able to free pour the VG in at end of a mix. For marrower bottles I use a 10ml syringe and just pop the er, shaft? , fill with VG and pump through. Annoying.

• Advertisement

pick'n'mix's 100nl bottles are great, love them. I wish more bottles had the wide opening, great to be able to free pour the VG in at end of a mix. For marrower bottles I use a 10ml syringe and just pop the er, shaft? , fill with VG and pump through. Annoying.

Oh matron!

Thats something I was wondering about.The nic,pg and vg bottles that come from darkstar,I take it they wont be dripper bottles,I will probably need to decant into the smaller bottles from picknmix.

Advertisement