Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Their nic comes in brown glass bottles, the VG and PG in big plastic ones. The 100ml bottles are handy for that if you plan to do 10ml batch mixes aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

No comlaints about that delivery anyway!Ordered at 3.30pm on wednesday,in my motel at 8.30pm this evening,i've had a few beers so collection will have to wait until tomorrow.

magentis wrote: »
    No comlaints about that delivery anyway!Ordered at 3.30pm on wednesday,in my motel at 8.30pm this evening,i've had a few beers so collection will have to wait until tomorrow.

That's cool :) You won't be disappointed with the order either, they pack well their bottles are good quality. Only the wide openings are a pain for scale/weight mixers, handy to have syringes about for them.

I am starting to wonder now are the longer wait times i suffer down to An Post? And of course, that wouldn't be surprising. I use AddressPal because i have a Post office close, but the more I think about it, PM might actually work out quicker.

That's cool :) You won't be disappointed with the order either, they pack well their bottles are good quality. Only the wide openings are a pain for scale/weight mixers, handy to have syringes about for them.

I am starting to wonder now are the longer wait times i suffer down to An Post? And of course, that wouldn't be surprising. I use AddressPal because i have a Post office close, but the more I think about it, PM might actually work out quicker.

I collect retro games and stuff like that and use them all a good bit,the England address is handy at times but I have found it to be a bit slower than dpd and parcel motel.The only thing about parcel motel is if they loose something they are a nightmare to deal with from what I hear.Having said that I reckon I must have got close to 200 deliveries through them at this stage without any issues.The run up to christmas can be a disaster with them though.The lockers often fill up and they can't get your item in one for you.

I collect retro games and stuff like that and use them all a good bit,the England address is handy at times but I have found it to be a bit slower than dpd and parcel motel.The only thing about parcel motel is if they loose something they are a nightmare to deal with from what I hear.Having said that I reckon I must have got close to 200 deliveries through them at this stage without any issues.The run up to christmas can be a disaster with them though.The lockers often fill up and they can't get your item in one for you.

Hmm, seems like An post is the safer bet, they are ruddy slow though. But, a lot quicker than say, gearbest or FT. I mostly just use it for Darkstar, but have used it for Amazon a few times too

• Advertisement

Looking at the postage label on the box,darkstar sent it royal mail 24 hour.They threw in a "one shot" zeus 10ml nice of them,thats a flavour concentrate isnt it?.looks like I will have to decant the vg and pg into 100ml dripper bottles alright and possibly the nic into a 30ml maybe?No dripper tips on the bottles.Jeysus that vg looks gloopy!!!Hopefully the bottles come from pick n mix on Monday.I did buy 5 x 10ml syringes from darkstar,I suppose I could use those for moving the liquids about.

Hmm, seems like An post is the safer bet, they are ruddy slow though. But, a lot quicker than say, gearbest or FT. I mostly just use it for Darkstar, but have used it for Amazon a few times too

I ordered a melo 3 off gearbest and had it in 10 days(the 2ml capcity of the melo 3 mini was a bit low,still having leaks annoyingly).Bought a 5 pack of coils off fasttech at the start of october and still waiting!!

Looking at the postage label on the box,darkstar sent it royal mail 24 hour.They threw in a "one shot" zeus 10ml nice of them,thats a flavour concentrate isnt it?.looks like I will have to decant the vg and pg into 100ml dripper bottles alright and possibly the nic into a 30ml maybe?No dripper tips on the bottles.Jeysus that vg looks gloopy!!!Hopefully the bottles come from pick n mix on Monday.I did buy 5 x 10ml syringes from darkstar,I suppose I could use those for moving the liquids about.

Their VG is good, been using it a while now. Most VG is pretty much the same, it can be a bitch to work with when you're filling narrow opening bottles. I use a 10ml syringe, I pour the VG into it, then use the plunger to push it through. But I much prefer the wide opening bottles, like the 100ml ones from p'n'm. Just free pour the VG in at the end. I don't really use PG, I have it there for when I want a 70/30 mix, but mostly I go max VG. Only PG in the mix will be the nic and the flavourings, mostly I'll end up with an 85/15 or 80/20 mixture.

A one shot will be a concentrate yeah, usually mix those at 15-20%. i'd just dump it into a 50ml bottle and mix it at 20%, just add nic and VG

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Any active darkstar discount codes lads?

247music wrote: »
    Any active darkstar discount codes lads?

DS35TFA still gives 35% off TFA concentrates. Get some 90ml-ers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

DS35TFA still gives 35% off TFA concentrates. Get some 90ml-ers

Nice one cagey!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

Thanks for all your advice people. I read it all and then decided I'd try to just make up a recipe and by blind luck I'm really happy with it:

Apple Pie (TPA) 8%
    Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2 (Cap) 4%
    Double Apple (Cap) 3%
    Pie Crust (TPA) 1%
    Sweet Cream (TPA) 5%

Mixed 70%vg / 30%pg 3%nic

Next time around I might drop the sweet cream by 1%, the Apple Pie by 1% and reduce the pie crust to .5%. But, as it stands it's already better than quite a few bought liquids and that's as a shake and vape. It mellows after 1-2 days to be lovely and smooth.

Currently vaping at 140w .15ohms in my tfv8 with t8 coil.

If anybody feels like trying it or tweaking it I'd love to have some feedback!

Good stuff, it's all about experimenting :)

Sweet cream at 5% though? :/ I stopped using it completely as I found it gives a kind of musty cheese taste to some mixes. There's nothing actually sweet about it. Better to use Bavarian cream, Vienna cream or Cream fresh. But if it's the only cream you got for now, I'd drop it to 2% at most. Pie crust is fine at 1%, wouldn't go any higher or you get a burnt crust taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

mmmmm musty cheesy!

lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

5% is fairly strong for sweet cream all right. I don't use it much any more but it's definitely an essential for me. I'd say the mix would love a bit of vanilla. I'm vaping something fairly similar at the moment, just no cinnamon. Don't know if it's the triacetin in apple pie or the acetyl pyrazine by itself but something takes a good while to get through. Even though I hate steeping sometimes it makes a little difference

I have bavarian cream, but by smell I thought the sweet cream was closer to what I'd like dolloped on my apple pie. Can honestly say I'm not getting any off flavour from it. Enjoyed your comment though!

chipfox wrote: »
    5% I'd say the mix would love a bit of vanilla.

hmm. I have some vanilla custard. Maybe I'll keep the cream/custard at 5% but make it 2% custard and 3% cream. Just gotta get through this 50mls first!

I have bavarian cream, but by smell I thought the sweet cream was closer to what I'd like dolloped on my apple pie. Can honestly say I'm not getting any off flavour from it. Enjoyed your comment though!

Give it time :D

Try cream fresh from Flavourart, it's much better.

Bavarian cream is a great all-rounder. It's like a light custard cream with a hint of vanilla.

You'll definitely get there quick. Think I was basically on a two concentrate mix for the first 6 weeks so you kind of jumped into the deep end. Still better than spending 15-20 quid on 30mls!

I'm still mixing and experimenting, have you all gone underground? :D

Anyone have experience with Cap's strawberry taffy? I thought it would be sweeter, but I' not seeing any real difference between it and Strawberry sweet atm.

I have mixed up what I think is a nice melon, banana, peach melody though. Only 2 days in and it's very moreish.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1023042/Melon+Bokeh

• Advertisement

Damn I really want some melon. I hate coming to this thread. 200 flavours isn't enough, I need 202. Next week it will be 205.

Haven't been mixing a huge amount really. I sort of make something new and it becomes a long term project. My latest one is a shortcake that's just meant to be a base for any fruit you want to add, but the %s are a little high for adding a main fruit flavour so I'm just enjoying the base.

NYCC CAP 4%
    Vanilla Cupcake TPA 1%
    Cake Batter CAP 2%
    Yellow Cake FW 1.5%
    Cotton Candy (EM 10%) 0.5%
    Golden Butter CAP 0.25%
    Sugar Cookie CAP 4%
    Vanilla Custard TPA 3%

Could probably drop the custard or use less of CAP's V1 if I add a fruit. Really loving this one though

chipfox wrote: »
    Damn I really want some melon. I hate coming to this thread. 200 flavours isn't enough, I need 202. Next week it will be 205.

Haven't been mixing a huge amount really. I sort of make something new and it becomes a long term project. My latest one is a shortcake that's just meant to be a base for any fruit you want to add, but the %s are a little high for adding a main fruit flavour so I'm just enjoying the base.

NYCC CAP 4%
    Vanilla Cupcake TPA 1%
    Cake Batter CAP 2%
    Yellow Cake FW 1.5%
    Cotton Candy (EM 10%) 0.5%
    Golden Butter CAP 0.25%
    Sugar Cookie CAP 4%
    Vanilla Custard TPA 3%

Could probably drop the custard or use less of CAP's V1 if I add a fruit. Really loving this one though

Ha, see, there's 4 flavours in your mix I don't have :D But that's what keeps it interesting.

Cake Batter and Sugar Cookie are turning into my absolute favourite concentrates now.

Can't believe how long it too me to get some EM. Sucralose reminds me of the tea my nana used to make me when I was a kid. Such a horrible sweetener for me I had to throw out anything I made with that in it.

I ordered some fructose powder on ebay to dissolve in PG. Never saw anyone make a sweetener with it but all the delicious FW concentrates are loaded with it.

Also ordered some saline to try and sort out "dry" juices so will see how I get along with that. I haven't had any luck with pH balancing without making them juices too sour. All I've tried so far is malic acid but would probably need to try citric too.

You ever get that dryness? I made up that mustard milk a while back and it seems particularly bad with that one. Wasnt just a once off either, happens every time with TPA strawberry and VBIC

Yeah I've had some 'dry' feel mixtures, had many that lost flavour very quickly too. There's a lot of trial and error involved that often turns off new mixers. But when you nail a few, there's a great sense of satisfaction. And you know you'll save a lot of money just mixing those alone.

I use cactus, white grape and sometimes pear for juiciness in mixes. White grape is used in loads of sweet juice drinks, it doesn't add any flavor just a backdrop juiciness. Cactus does affect the flavour, so it's only good for mixes you want that in, and depends on the pear. FA pear doesn't add much of a flavour and can be easily over powered so in strong flavored mixes you needn't worry about it, if you actually want some pear to shine through use INW. Their blackcurrant is another great one for a juicy mouth feel, but it's strong, even at 0.5% it'll come through lightly, it's a good backing for raspberry/strawberry/blueberry mixes, where you don't mind a hint of blackcurrant

Might have to try white grape. Cactus is insanely strong and very noticeable. I really think it's the TPA strawberry that's the culprit. Made 3 mixes with it now and they're all just as dry. Apparently the dryness is due to a high pH or at least higher than a "normal" juice. It's just hard to figure out how to drop the pH without the mix tasting like citrus fruits

Odd that a strawberry flavoring would have a high PH level, when strawberries have more natural citric acid than lemons! But then, you never know what else is in the mix

PG has a pH of 9, but ~25% of TPA strawberry is acids so I don't really know. Maybe it's the VBIC, I don't really know. Not in the mood of figuring out why something sucks when I can just make stuff I like

That's what i mean about nailing mixes, even just a few reliables. You know you will always have something decent to vape, no matter how much you faff about with the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Here comes John to throw in a question , I recently tried some Gothic juices ( that I got for free ) and thought they seemed really creamy , what would you experiment with to try and replicate that creaminess ?

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Here comes John to throw in a question , I recently tried some Gothic juices ( that I got for free ) and thought they seemed really creamy , what would you experiment with to try and replicate that creaminess ?

Really hard to say without actually trying some. There's different types of 'creaminess' - Could be a whipped cream texture, more like what you'd get on a dessert, or could be a thick creamy cheesecake type, or a silky smooth cream you'd pour into a coffee.

Some of the better creams I've tried would be:

Cream fresh - FA - this is the kind you might find on an apple pie, but can also work to add a milky creaminess to cereal mixes or even a coffee vape.

Bavarian Cream - TFA - Thick, custardy vanilla cream, I find this goes with just about anything tbh, a great all-rounder.

New york cheesecake - Capella - another thick creamy type, has a thicker mouthfeel, in lower % can be a nice creamy backdrop to fruity mixes, in higher % you'll get that more obvious cheesecake sensation, especially when some Graham cracker is added to the mix. I prefer TFA's Cheesecake Graham crust, but that will always have the cheesecake weight about it.

Sweet cream is very popular, I personally don't like it, it's supposed to be the plain dairy cream type, it's not sweet at all, more a texture, but to me it comes off as sour and smells like smelly socks :D It is used in tonnes of so called premium juices though with loads of sweetener alongside. So could be that

Vienna cream - FA - very much like Bavarian cream, but I would say lighter in both taste and 'mouthfeel'.

Then there's straight up yogurts and custards that can be used to add a creamy backing, or even the main profile.

And then you have experimental mixes of them all to suit the mixer's palette

Advertisement