Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Is Bavarian cream nice

I have it in a few cream recipes it has to be mixed at a low % it can be very overpowering past 3% in my opinion. Very much an add on flavour so compensate it with other creams is when it really shines!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Bavarian cream is a must have. It's not one to do a solo mix of, It's more a backing than a main. But it blends well with just about everything. It's a light vanilla custard type cream. 1-3% in fruity, bakery or dessert mixtures is great. Ideally you do want to let mixes including it steep a few days for best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Hey guys,

Anybody have a recipe for something similar to "Wicked Elite Apple" and "Wicked Elite Strawberry Kiwi"?

Ive tried at least 100 juices but keep on coming back to these 2. Would love to be able to make my own. I vape 18mg if that is relevant.

Regards,

IK09

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Pretty sure Wicked use the original TFA Strawberry for their mixes. At least that's what they tasted like. If I had to guess they probably use TFA Kiwi mixed in with it. Not sure how strong the kiwi is but I'd say they use maybe 5% TFA Strawberry.

I'd start off with that add keep adding some kiwi until you're happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Any discount codes for Darkstar or Everything Liquid guys?

• Advertisement

Any discount codes for Darkstar or Everything Liquid guys?

DS35TFA has been working away for me. 35% off TFA concentrates only, but if you're getting a few works out great value. They're already well priced at £3.50 per 30ml

DS35TFA has been working away for me. 35% off TFA concentrates only, but if you're getting a few works out great value. They're already well priced at £3.50 per 30ml

Cheers cagey, I'm also on the lookout for some 72mg nic, I have about 300ml already but I noticed it's beginning to disappear from vendors quickly so I decided to stock up a bit. Not quite ready to go 0 nic just yet. :)

When are people going to stop selling it? I have a bunch but I can never really have too much... Seems to keep pretty well in the freezer

I have about 400-oddml here but also going to grab some more. I can't be dealing with those little dinky nic shots!

I don't think DS do codes that cover nic?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

@chipfox, they're supposed to stop selling it in May, although Brexit may possibly affect the UK since it's an EU ruling. I've a litre in the freezer which should last me nearly two years which is about as long as I'd be happy to use it after. The panic of it being gone makes me want to get more, but I really don't need it. Besides, I'm planning on trying to cut from 3mg to 0mg in 6 months time (slowly .5mg at a time).

• Advertisement

@chipfox, they're supposed to stop selling it in May, although Brexit may possibly affect the UK since it's an EU ruling. I've a litre in the freezer which should last me nearly two years which is about as long as I'd be happy to use it after. The panic of it being gone makes me want to get more, but I really don't need it. Besides, I'm planning on trying to cut from 3mg to 0mg in 6 months time (slowly .5mg at a time).

1ltr will do you for more like 3yrs @3mg, that's based roughly on vaping 20ml - 25ml per day consistently. If you're only vaping in around 10ml a day which is more likely, double it. You're good for 4-5yrs at least I reckon, especially if you drop your nic. I plan to drop a bit from 3 also, but not thinking 0mg just yet. I think I could drop to 1.5 - 2mg without too much fuss, probably be guzzling juices at the start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

1ltr will do you for more like 3yrs @3mg, that's based roughly on vaping 20ml - 25ml per day consistently. If you're only vaping in around 10ml a day which is more likely, double it. You're good for 4-5yrs at least I reckon :D

Now that you mention it I worked it out when I was guzzling 6mg juice (still use some at that strength but not much) and with 54mg nic rather than 72. I guess I'm all set so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Mad that postage costs more than the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Nicotine will be the death of us..or not.. who knows.. Either way I've 2.5litres of it in the freezer which I'm hoping should see me out.. If it's doesn't well I'll just pack it all in.. damned if I'm going back to 10ml bottles..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Sorry guys i am really a newbie at this.I have a good lot of questions if anybody would be willing to help me out i would be more than appreciative.Loving this thread as the info is priceless.Hard to get info as it was like looking into a hedge starting.So here it goes.I decided to try vaping as i was damn well sick of cigarettes,the health implications,financially,the stench of them,dry mouth,and bad breathing,so my bro gave me his evod and a bought a really cheap back up ego style vape.i originally got a tobacco flavour,which was gross.I had loads of leaks on both devices,so i went out and bought new Kanger coils and iclear ones.I still was getting dry hits and leak after leak.I was getting frustrated but persevered,i knew going back smoking was not an option for me.I went out and bought a 50/50 12mg vape heisenberg,which im mad about,it cost 5euro for 10ml.At least i had a vape that i could taste.I returned to the same shop and got another 50/50 12mg,vm strawberry milkshake but i could just about taste it but knew it wasnt right. But kept vaping it adjusting airflow,cleaning etc.But still very little flavour or sweetness.Then i found 88 vape in the euro shops,nice but still strange metallic taste and were eatting my coils.Brought it into vape shop and they said dont use this liquid in my device as it destroys the coils.So advice taken on board.A friend told me about ecirette,a vape shop in dublin city center.I Bough 125 ml of 12mg 60pg/40vg premixed liquid and two flavour concentrates and made up two 10 ml bottles.one of each flavour.125 ml cost me 17 euro and the flavours were 3 and 4 euro for 10mls of each.So went home and made them.They have good clouds but the flavours are bland,i mixed them at 10 %.I sometimes get a burnt taste,looked it up on youtube and got a temporary solution,you suck in without firing the power on,then vape as usual and i got somewhat an alright flavour and no burnt taste.Im still not satisfied.I would love to get the same flow of taste as i got with the heisenberg.Any suggestions??Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Quick question guys.

With the new stuff coming in may is it just Nic we wont be able to get? Like can we still buy pg/vg/flavours etc?

Iv not done any mixing but its something iv thought about.
    Should i buy litre or 2 before may or will it still be possible to source it from somewhere after?
    And are freezer packs needed or can i just pour some into smaller bottles and freeze myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

lankz92 wrote: »
    Quick question guys.

With the new stuff coming in may is it just Nic we wont be able to get? Like can we still buy pg/vg/flavours etc?

Iv not done any mixing but its something iv thought about.
    Should i buy litre or 2 before may or will it still be possible to source it from somewhere after?
    And are freezer packs needed or can i just pour some into smaller bottles and freeze myself?

As of May these are the regulations :
    1. Maximum refill containers can not exceed 10ml.
    2. Maximum nicotine strength of 20mg.
    3. Maximum tank capacity of 2ml.
    4. Product approvals, Packaging requirements, customer notifications and data reporting.

As above, the highest strength nicotine you will be allowed purchase would be 20mg. PG/VG/Concentrates won't be affected, although I can see concentrates being brought up in price somehow.

I wouldn't take a chance on the nicotine, grab a starter pack - Pickamixdiy have a good little kit for getting started. After that, see how you get on and stock up on the nicotine.

Freezer kits are fierce handy, my last order with Darkstar Vapour was their 2 litre freezer kit. 4, 500ml amber glass bottles. You could just buy the 2 litre bottle straight out (I'm nearly sure it comes in a plastic bottle with Darkstar) and seperate out yourself but make sure to keep oxygen, light and heat away from the nicotine.

Sorry guys i am really a newbie at this.I have a good lot of questions if anybody would be willing to help me out i would be more than appreciative.Loving this thread as the info is priceless.Hard to get info as it was like looking into a hedge starting.So here it goes.I decided to try vaping as i was damn well sick of cigarettes,the health implications,financially,the stench of them,dry mouth,and bad breathing,so my bro gave me his evod and a bought a really cheap back up ego style vape.i originally got a tobacco flavour,which was gross.I had loads of leaks on both devices,so i went out and bought new Kanger coils and iclear ones.I still was getting dry hits and leak after leak.I was getting frustrated but persevered,i knew going back smoking was not an option for me.I went out and bought a 50/50 12mg vape heisenberg,which im mad about,it cost 5euro for 10ml.At least i had a vape that i could taste.I returned to the same shop and got another 50/50 12mg,vm strawberry milkshake but i could just about taste it but knew it wasnt right. But kept vaping it adjusting airflow,cleaning etc.But still very little flavour or sweetness.Then i found 88 vape in the euro shops,nice but still strange metallic taste and were eatting my coils.Brought it into vape shop and they said dont use this liquid in my device as it destroys the coils.So advice taken on board.A friend told me about ecirette,a vape shop in dublin city center.I Bough 125 ml of 12mg 60pg/40vg premixed liquid and two flavour concentrates and made up two 10 ml bottles.one of each flavour.125 ml cost me 17 euro and the flavours were 3 and 4 euro for 10mls of each.So went home and made them.They have good clouds but the flavours are bland,i mixed them at 10 %.I sometimes get a burnt taste,looked it up on youtube and got a temporary solution,you suck in without firing the power on,then vape as usual and i got somewhat an alright flavour and no burnt taste.Im still not satisfied.I would love to get the same flow of taste as i got with the heisenberg.Any suggestions??Thanks

Make sure you are priming the coils with juice, let it soak in before you fire at all. You can burn out a coil if you fire it dry. As for the flavorings, I don't know of the ones you got, but doesn't sound right that you get little to no flavor at 10% - though I know a lot of pre-mix concentrates require 15-20% in a mix for good flavor.

I only ever mix my own now, I buy separate concentrates, VG, PG and nicotine. There's a bit of up front cost to get started, but I can now make up 100ml of very nice juice for less than a fiver. I can afford to experiment, some mixes work, others are fit for the bin :D but I'm still saving a tonne over time and I'm in control of what goes into my tank, and lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Check out this video,this is one way of buying big bottles of eliquid which the new regulations can't touch,but make sure you buy your Nicotine before May & store it in the freezer in small bottles.I used 50ml amber glass bottles.I think Dark Star is the cheapest for Nic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvbnGdu_nA4

Here is the UK vendor that sells the pre-mixed...

http://www.bestcigliquid.co.uk/e-liquid-vape.html

TinCool,am I right & thinking that it is you that loves French Pipe like myself,for the very first time,I have found a pre-mixed French Pipe in the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Check out this video,this is one way of buying big bottles of eliquid which the new regulations can't touch,but make sure you buy your Nicotine before May & store it in the freezer in small bottles.I used 50ml amber glass bottles.I think Dark Star is the cheapest for Nic.

TinCool,am I right & thinking that it is you that loves French Pipe like myself,for the very first time,I have found a pre-mixed French Pipe in the link above.

Cheers dude, have you had a chance to try it? Is it comparable to the Liqua equivalent?

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    Cheers dude, have you had a chance to try it? Is it comparable to the Liqua equivalent?

I only saw it this morning but I am going to buy some this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I only saw it this morning but I am going to buy some this week...

All right. Let me know what it's like. I've had several so french pipe's in the past and none of them match the quality flavour of Liqua's. Hangsen do one. I have a 10 ml bottle of it. I've never actually tried it as the smell was horrendous.

TinCool wrote: »
    All right. Let me know what it's like. I've had several so french pipe's in the past and none of them match the quality flavour of Liqua's. Hangsen do one. I have a 10 ml bottle of it. I've never actually tried it as the smell was horrendous.

I didn't know Hangsen done FP,let me know what it's like when you use it,we need a good MTL dripper to try these out.Just thinking,I do have a load of drippers from years ago with a 1mm airhole.
    I'll let you know if I get that pre-mixed FP.

isn't that just like buying your own separate VG and concentrates though? They won't be touched either, as they can be sold under food stuffs. Nic is the one to stock up on.

If your after a good Heisenberg concentrate this is the one and it's available here
    http://picknmixdiy.com/heisenberg-vampirevape-concentrates-vaping-picknmix-ireland
    Mix at 15% in your preferred base. They also have a great selection of pre mixed concentrates.
    If you need any help with the mixing you'll get all the answers you need right here.

BTW At 15% you will get 200 ml of juice from a 30ml bottle of concentrate.

isn't that just like buying your own separate VG and concentrates though? They won't be touched either, as they can be sold under food stuffs. Nic is the one to stock up on.

Yeah your right Cagey,the video & the link is really for newbies who know fukc all about regulations & quantities of liquid they can purchase after May.Just showing them a different way of mixing (the lazy way:D:D:D)There seems to be alot of newbies asking questions about these regulations in different threads of the forum,they are just a bit confused about it all.

Yeah your right Cagey,the video & the link is really for newbies who know fukc all about regulations & quantities of liquid they can purchase after May.Just showing them a different way of mixing (the lazy way:D:D:D)There seems to be alot of newbies asking questions about these regulations in different threads of the forum,they are just a bit confused about it all.

Good idea for anyone wary of full on DIY for sure. I can see more companies offering similar. I think once you're stocked up well on nic as a regular mixer, you'll be fine though. You'll still be able to get concentrates, VG, and PG

Were you dripping juice into the coils before you installed them? I find unless they're seriously soaked you'll prob get dry hits. Are they the kanger OCC ones?

I'm always so impatient but it can take a bit for the coils to soak properly at the start especially if you don't drip juice onto them yourself.

The metallic taste 9 times out of 10 is a part of the coil not touching any cotton. That little spot goes red hot (literally) and ruins the whole vape. I had a lot of problems with that when I started making my own coils.

For the leaks I'd say make sure the o rings are snug and that everything is very tight, and that you close the air flow when you fill it. Also when you're closing it up after filling do it really gently or blow through the tip slowly as you screw it back closed. Most tanks can't take the pressure probably and that can cause leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Ordered the starter kit from picknmix plus 2 extra concentrates and some extra VG and a few bottles etc. €53 incl p&p using the pick10 discount code. Should get me about 300ml juice. See how i get on. Will put in an order with darkstar towards the end of the month if im happy with it.

• Advertisement

lankz92 wrote: »
    Ordered the starter kit from picknmix plus 2 extra concentrates and some extra VG and a few bottles etc. €53 incl p&p using the pick10 discount code. Should get me about 300ml juice. See how i get on. Will put in an order with darkstar towards the end of the month if im happy with it.

Get some separate VG and you'll be able to make a lot ore

Advertisement