Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nicotine (PG) 250ml 1 £11.66
    Nicotine (VG) 250ml 1 £11.66
    Propylene Glycol 500ml 1 £2.90
    Apple Pie - Capella 30ml 1 £3.75
    Apple Pie & Custard - DarkStar 30ml 1 £5.00
    Vegetable Glycerine 500ml 3 £7.47

Subtotal £42.44

Shipping & Handling £6.95

Tax
    £8.49

Grand Total £57.88

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Why did you split the VG? you can get 2ltrs for £5.99 on DS

Why did you split the VG? you can get 2ltrs for £5.99 on DS

I just wanted a little spare nic to add to the 3 litres I already have,I should have enough now to last me til boot hill arrives:D:D:D
    I need to get more pre-mixed concentrates,I haven't got the patience anymore for recipes like yourself do,I've tried a few from picnmix,cinnamon toast crunch is the best I've tasted from there,I wanted to try that key lime cheesecake but I've mislaid the bottle somewhere,maybe that's a good thing:D:D
    Anyone got any recco's for pre-mixed concentrates,no menthol ones.

SorryI just read your post again,it was base that you were talking about,nearly the same answer as above,I have 4 litres VG & 1 litre PG already lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I just wanted a little spare nic to add to the 3 litres I already have,I should have enough now to last me til boot hill arrives I need to get more pre-mixed concentrates,I haven't got the patience anymore for recipes like yourself do,I've tried a few from picnmix,cinnamon toast crunch is the best I've tasted from there,I wanted to try that key lime cheesecake but I've mislaid the bottle somewhere,maybe that's a good thing Anyone got any recco's for pre-mixed concentrates,no menthol ones.

I just wanted a little spare nic to add to the 3 litres I already have,I should have enough now to last me til boot hill arrives I need to get more pre-mixed concentrates,I haven't got the patience anymore for recipes like yourself do,I've tried a few from picnmix,cinnamon toast crunch is the best I've tasted from there,I wanted to try that key lime cheesecake but I've mislaid the bottle somewhere,maybe that's a good thing Anyone got any recco's for pre-mixed concentrates,no menthol ones.

All the Isle of Custards are great, Unicorn Milk, The Sucker, Beach Yogurt...

All the Isle of Custards are great, Unicorn Milk, The Sucker, Beach Yogurt...

Must try some of them,do you mix any Ethyl Maltol or sweetener in any of these,they seem to recommend it.

• Advertisement

Must try some of them,do you mix any Ethyl Maltol or sweetener in any of these,they seem to recommend it.

Yeah I add 2 per cent Ethyl in the mix,never tried them without it so I can't say what they'd be like but they do need a good steep, I usually leave them 4 weeks and they are good to go after that,for me anyway.

Yeah I add 2 per cent Ethyl in the mix,never tried them without it so I can't say what they'd be like but they do need a good steep, I usually leave them 4 weeks and they are good to go after that,for me anyway.

Thanks for that Doc,I mixed some Faux Hawk last June & only tried it yesterday in your Pharoah,it was a long steep but it was gorgeous....

Thanks for that Doc,I mixed some Faux Hawk last June & only tried it yesterday in your Pharoah,it was a long steep but it was gorgeous....

Is that an MBV concentrate yds?

Is that an MBV concentrate yds?

Yeah,that's right,your memory is good Doc,they have a few that I like,last June was the last time I bought from them,have you ordered from them at their new depot in Italy yet.

Yeah,that's right,your memory is good Doc,they have a few that I like,last June was the last time I bought from them,have you ordered from them at their new depot in Italy yet.

Last time I got an order from them they had just moved from France to Berlin and there was a discount of 20 per cent and free shipping so I got a good few of the one's I knew I'd like, still have some now that I think of it. Must check them out this week and stock up on a few more.

• Advertisement

Last time I got an order from them they had just moved from France to Berlin and there was a discount of 20 per cent and free shipping so I got a good few of the one's I knew I'd like, still have some now that I think of it. Must check them out this week and stock up on a few more.

:D:D:D:D:D:D that's how good my memory is,I thought it was Italy...

that's how good my memory is,I thought it was Italy...

Ahhh so they are still in Berlin? POV15 used to give 15 per cent off and I think free delivery over 40 euro if that's any help.

I enjoy the actual creative process of coming up with new mixes, but I understand that it's not for everyone. End of the day, once you can whip up something tasty and cheap! You're good :)

I have 4-5 regular mixes I can whip up without needing to think, they're as easy to me as pre-mix concentrates, as they are the ones I will vape most regular. But I will always have something alt or experimental brewing on the side :D

I enjoy the actual creative process of coming up with new mixes, but I understand that it's not for everyone. End of the day, once you can whip up something tasty and cheap! You're good

I'm a lazy mixer and still enjoy your mixes also,must check on some of your latest creations.

I'm a lazy mixer and still enjoy your mixes also,must check on some of your latest creations.

I have a lot of one-off private ones, but anything I let public means I enjoyed it and would make again at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Looking forward to getting started on this. Should have my starter kit by tuesday.

Can anyone reccomend any must have flavours to order? Got a few concentrates and a sweetener on the way but wouldnt mind trying to mix up my own.

lankz92 wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting started on this. Should have my starter kit by tuesday.

Can anyone reccomend any must have flavours to order? Got a few concentrates and a sweetener on the way but wouldnt mind trying to mix up my own.

Depends what you like personally? Or if you have any juices you'd like to try replicate or mix something similar to?

When I started all I wanted was to mix up some simple strawberry cheesecake, and some butterscotch custard. Now some of my personal favorites are Greek yogurts. So I would always suggest mixers try TFA Greek yogurt and whatever fruits you fancy. Others that I would recommend in general that are easy to get along with:

TFA: Cheesecake Graham crust, Bavarian cream, Vanilla bean ice cream, Strawberry ripe [and/or Sweet strawberry], Banana cream, Butterscotch, Blueberry wild

Capella: Vanilla custard [V1], New York cheesecake, Peaches and cream

FlavourArt: Marshmallow, Meringue, Fuji apple, Vienna cream, Forest mix

Inawera: Blackcurrant, pineapple, pear, grape

You'll need to get familiar with different concentrate strengths, which ones are good for mains, or more as backing 'notes' etc ..

You should have a look over on https://e-liquid-recipes.com/

Sign up and you can mess about with the recipe calculator, check out other people mixes and look up flavorings. You'll find notes from other mixers on each, what % they tend to use, the flavor profile, and then you'll find recipes using that particular concentrate and you can set them in order of popularity/star rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Hiya guys,

First time posting in this section. I've read a bit about the new regulations coming in and I'm looking at maybe going down the DIY line and making some. I have been using dekang 18mg menthol and I was just wondering if that would be possible to replicate? Thanks.

j_mo wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

First time posting in this section. I've read a bit about the new regulations coming in and I'm looking at maybe going down the DIY line and making some. I have been using dekang 18mg menthol and I was just wondering if that would be possible to replicate? Thanks.

Not sure about the Dekang menthol but there are loads of different menthols that you can mix at 18mg or any strength of nicotine you like.

Maybe others will chime in here & answer your question about the Dekang menthol if they know...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Menthol is some of the cheapest stuff to make and I'd say most flavours use menthol crystals as the main ingredient (if not the only ingredient). Buy menthol crystals online anywhere you can, mix it with PG at 10% by weight and you have a standard menthol concentrate. All you need is PG, VG, menthol crystals and nicotine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Not sure about the Dekang menthol but there are loads of different menthols that you can mix at 18mg or any strength of nicotine you like.

chipfox wrote:
    Menthol is some of the cheapest stuff to make and I'd say most flavours use menthol crystals as the main ingredient (if not the only ingredient). Buy menthol crystals online anywhere you can, mix it with PG at 10% by weight and you have a standard menthol concentrate. All you need is PG, VG, menthol crystals and nicotine.

Thanks for the replies guy's. Is darkstar the best site for supplies?

It's the cheapest if buying in bulk,they don't post outside the UK,you must use Parcel Motel.
    This will give you an idea of cost,whatever you order,the postage is the same...

Nicotine (PG) 250ml 1 £11.66
    Nicotine (VG) 250ml 1 £11.66
    Propylene Glycol 500ml 1 £2.90
    Apple Pie - Capella 30ml 1 £3.75
    Apple Pie & Custard - DarkStar 30ml 1 £5.00
    Vegetable Glycerine 500ml 3 £7.47

Subtotal £42.44

Shipping & Handling £6.95

Tax
    £8.49

Grand Total £57.88

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Whered o you get ur nicotine for this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Will the new eu regulations stop you from buying high mg of diy nicotine,52,72,100mgs ??

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Whered o you get ur nicotine for this price?

Darkstar....http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/72mg-nicotine

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Will the new eu regulations stop you from buying high mg of diy nicotine,52,72,100mgs ??

You will only be able to buy 10ml bottles of nic & it will be only 2.0mg,as you can see on my order,the nic is 7.2mg which is over 3 times stronger.
    That's why we are loading up with nic before May...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

darkstarvapours and chefsflavours are all I use. Don't know if either sell menthol crystals but they have all sorts of minty flavours. Darkstar have a regular menthol from FlavorWest

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

First attempt tonight. Mixed 4 different 10ml bottles. Took me about 30mins start to finish.

Now the waiting begins. Think the nic will last me an age. Only used about 3ml

lankz92 wrote: »
    First attempt tonight. Mixed 4 different 10ml bottles. Took me about 30mins start to finish.

Now the waiting begins. Think the nic will last me an age. Only used about 3ml

Nice one,some liquids will need steeping,fruits can be used fairly quickly...what concentrates did you mix...

• Advertisement

Aye, tobaccos, custards or bakeries are best after a couple of weeks, but simple fruity mixes or light creams can be good to go, though will still improve with time. Just place back into your cupboard after use each time and it'll continue steeping anyway :)

Advertisement