Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I just use an empty VG/PG 1.L bottle , have some small measuring beakers and a 1.L like you use in the kitchen.
    I don't mess around with many different flavours and recipes these days though, I just make 1 full liter and vape that until it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Using different flavours doesn't make it any trickier - just for those that might be wary of expanding a bit :) It just means a little more measuring, but it becomes second nature after a few goes. You can still stick to simple recipes. I know I'd get bored of too much of one flavor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

kingaaa wrote: »
    That's kind of the way I would like to do it...but preferably in a 1 x litre screw-cap bottle with the mililitres stamped on the side for easy measuring...that guy Les has a great one on his site but his shipping is all over the place !!!

http://www.juicecabin.com/lab-bottles-glassware/99-lab-reagent-bottle-1000ml.html

Not for me,that bottle would give me nightmares,the opening is too small for a frother & the height would restrict me from drawing out the juice with a pipette,ideal for storing liquid & pouring into a small bottle.
    Might suit others who have different ways of mixing & storing.
    I never got a reply back from him,I think the online shop is open at certain times,I don't know what to make of his shipping policies.
    Is he open or is he not,that is the question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Is the opening wide enough to free pour your VG in? They look ideal for me if so

They also have these ones which do look wide enough: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012272/2081400-empty-long-dropper-bottles-for-e-liquids-5-pack - perfect for Nic/PG too.
    I'd say it depends what you're pouring from. I would pour VG into it straight from a 5L jerry can but the opening is much wider than a regular 30ml bottle.

I filled up 5 from a 500ml LDPE bottle there a few weeks ago with no issues. If I tried that into 30mls it would have been a mess. Haven't made a mess with these yet

chipfox wrote: »
    I'd say it depends what you're pouring from. I would pour VG into it straight from a 5L jerry can but the opening is much wider than a regular 30ml bottle.

I filled up 5 from a 500ml LDPE bottle there a few weeks ago with no issues. If I tried that into 30mls it would have been a mess. Haven't made a mess with these yet

Sounds good enough, I would only be pouring from 1-2ltr Darkstar bottles. Might grab a few, there's a few coils I want on there too.

• Advertisement

What's the story with the bottles you linked do they not have lids. I was looking at those too but I was worried about those little tips

What's the story with the bottles you linked do they not have lids. I was looking at those too but I was worried about those little tips

Just the wee little red caps it looks like. I think I'd prefer the ones from P'n'M than those. but the unicorn type you linked look cool so long as I can pour in. I was thinking those white ones more for adding your nic and PG, but if the caps are a bit dodgy probably not the best idea

When you can grab the 100ml ones from Pick'n'mix, 5 for €3.90, they're not bad value. Completely re-usable too. http://picknmixdiy.com/100ml-hdpe-dropper-bottle-picknmixdiy-wexford-vaping-ireland and you get them within a couple of days. Only thing is they don't suit some tight juice fed tanks. Like with the Baby beast for example, with it's piddly little fill port. But for the likes of the Cleitos, or larger 24-25ml tanks, they're just fine. I have found them to be the easiest 100ml bottles to mix in I can find outside of China

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

ok lads, I've taken your advice - I'm going to mix from scratch...I have the VG/PG & Nic sourced, I have my concentrates sourced - I have a mixing jug, 10 x 100ml bottles and milk frother....where do I get the large-capacity syringes with the wide-bore needle? I've seen plenty of syringes, but very few blunt wide-bore needles?

kingaaa wrote: »
    ok lads, I've taken your advice - I'm going to mix from scratch...I have the VG/PG & Nic sourced, I have my concentrates sourced - I have a mixing jug, 10 x 100ml bottles and milk frother....where do I get the large-capacity syringes with the wide-bore needle? I've seen plenty of syringes, but very few blunt wide-bore needles?

Good stuff, you won't regret it in the long run. You'll save a fortune, and get creative :)

The largest syringe I have is a 10ml, I fill it from the back, behind the sucker, Just pour my VG in there and then push it through with the er ... shaft? :D

For concentrates I mostly use 1-2ml syringes without any needle tip - I use tips occasionally for when the concentrates are getting low and just need to reach the bottom. But as you're doing large quantities 5-10ml syringes should do the job. You don't need needle tips though, as concentrates are PG, thin as water.

This is the 10ml one I use: http://picknmixdiy.com/10ml%20syringe-measuring%20syringe-Luer%20Slip-picknmix-vaping-ireland

And I have a couple of these tips: http://picknmixdiy.com/blunt%20needle-luer%20slip-18gauge-picknmix-vaping-ireland

They have 50ml syringes also: http://picknmixdiy.com/50ml-luer-slip-syringe-picknmixdiy-vaping-wexford-ireland

this might be just what im looking for, mix & steep 500ml, and a handy way to load dripper bottles???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/500ML-MOUTH-TATTOO-SQUEEZY-BOTTLE/dp/B00O8X8BWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487425663&sr=8-3&keywords=laboratory+bottles

• Advertisement

I get by with 25 ml syringes but 50 would be the ideal, mainly only need them for VG. I don't ever use a blunt needle for that it's pure hell, just the big syringe by itself works the best. I have VG in an old dolmio jar just so I can fit the big ass syringe into it, worth noting.

I use my blunt needs permanently for flavours and only have 1 I seriously need some of those. Have 1000s of syringes and 1 blunt tip!

cagey those pnm bottles look nice if that little top screws on. Looks like the FT ones with the red tip weren't screw but can't tell. I spent a lot of time on FT looking for bottles and those ones I ended up getting so far have no drawbacks. I seriously recommend having them anyway

I get by with 25 ml syringes but 50 would be the ideal, mainly only need them for VG. I don't ever use a blunt needle for that it's pure hell, just the big syringe by itself works the best. I have VG in an old dolmio jar just so I can fit the big ass syringe into it, worth noting.

I use my blunt needs permanently for flavours and only have 1 I seriously need some of those. Have 1000s of syringes and 1 blunt tip!

cagey those pnm bottles look nice if that little top screws on. Looks like the FT ones with the red tip weren't screw but can't tell. I spent a lot of time on FT looking for bottles and those ones I ended up getting so far have no drawbacks. I seriously recommend having them anyway

Yeah the P'n'M bottles have screw on pointy caps. I love them because the opening is wide enough to easily pour your VG in. Mixing with them really couldn't be simpler. Especially is you use scales. Just pop the bottle on and tare off each ingredient that you add. Then free pour VG to fill. But, like I said earlier, I still use a few syringes because Darkstar rebottle concentrates into non dripper type bottles. But they're easy to get a syringe into, their bottles are also clear which helps.

I will order some of those unicorn type 100ml ones from FT though too, I think they'd be great for the mixes I do for friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Anyone have a recommendation for a storage/lockbox for e liquids to keep little hands away from it?

Anyone have a recommendation for a storage/lockbox for e liquids to keep little hands away from it?

If you have very small kids, higher is always best, no matter what you choose to store your DIY stuff in. Mine is all in a low cupboard tbh, my concentrates are in a large-ish chest type box [think it was an old silverware presentation box or something] and all my mixes - steeping, in use, random trials etc ... are just there, in a cupboard, as if they were foods. But my kids won't touch under the sink ... because there's cleaning stuffs - so no difference. They're well trained ;) teach them as they grow where not to poke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I find the needle tip 1ml syringes are far superior to the squeezey 1ml equivalent.

They are v handy when mixing up more complex juices, more accurate as well...

Trond wrote: »
    I find the needle tip 1ml syringes are far superior to the squeezey 1ml equivalent.

They are v handy when mixing up more complex juices, more accurate as well...

You're thinking of pipettes? the little soft plastic bubbles with measurements on side? Nah, I never use those. I use normal sturdy syringes, just no need for actual steel tips/needles on them. Mostly though I use scales to measure, I only use the syringes to disperse concentrates from their bottle to the mix. Nothing beats a scales for accuracy. I think anyone who mixes should have one.

Looking for advice on adding flavours.... I did my first batch last week which I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, was great to vape even without steeping. I'm looking to do a couple of more complex mixes now, and not quite sure about a couple of things. I'm mixing at a ratio of 75VG/25PG, my first batch was handy because it was just a concentrate of the flavour I wanted. Now I'm doing a mix that involves 1. vanilla custard, 2.bavarian cream, 3. sweet cream, and 4. inawera shisha strawberry. The last ingredient is what's confusing me, as far as I know this is a food flavouring and not PG based - while the other ingredients are. If I'm doing a total flavour percentage of 20%, how do I factor in the non-PG flavouring ingredient into my overall VG/PG ratio?

INW Shisha strawberry is PG based, you use it jut like any other, it's just stronger in concentration

INW Shisha strawberry is PG based, you use it jut like any other, it's just stronger in concentration

Couldn't find any info on the ingredients...and DEFINTELY cant read the label.. !!

Cheers

Well I hope it's PG as I've been using it a while now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

It is with great sadness that I learned today that Pick'n'mixdiy no longer have any stock of my, so easy to use, 500ml 70/30 unflavoured nic base 3mg . Does anyone know of anywhere else that still has stock of this or similar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

jonski wrote:
    It is with great sadness that I learned today that Pick'n'mixdiy no longer have any stock of my, so easy to use, 500ml 70/30 unflavoured nic base 3mg . Does anyone know of anywhere else that still has stock of this or similar ?

Can't link it at the moment but I think Cigreen have that premixed base.

Can't link it at the moment but I think Cigreen have that premixed base.

100ml only , I'm either going to have to step out of my comfort zone ....or.... step out of the EU zone :)

jonski wrote:
    100ml only , I'm either going to have to step out of my comfort zone ....or.... step out of the EU zone

It's really not that difficult to mix,VG,PG,Nic,syringe and a good calculator such as the one on eliquidrecipes.com
    Probably work out a bit cheaper for you also.

It's really not that difficult to mix,VG,PG,Nic,syringe and a good calculator such as the one on eliquidrecipes.com
    Probably work out a bit cheaper for you also.

yeah, I was trying to keep it as simple as possible for as long as possible , Tell me this, if I buy the 6mg 500ml and mix it down with 500ml of vg & pg I will end up with 3mg, yeah ?

jonski wrote: »
    yeah, I was trying to keep it as simple as possible for as long as possible , Tell me this, if I buy the 6mg 500ml and mix it down with 500ml of vg & pg I will end up with 3mg, yeah ?

Only if you include the concentrate within that extra VG/PG

jonski wrote:

Technically YES, realistically NO, adding 0 per cent Vg/Pg will reduce the nic content but adding concentrate will also reduce the nic content so your 1000ml @3mg will be substantially reduced by the time your finished adding concentrate.

Technically YES, realistically NO, adding 0 per cent Vg/Pg will reduce the nic content but adding concentrate will also reduce the nic content so your 1000ml @3mg will be substantially reduced by the time your finished adding concentrate.

Ah yeah, once i have it made I typically break it down into 100 ml or 50 ml and add the concentrate then . I know it will work out less than 3 mg but thats a good thing :)

jonski wrote: »
    Ah yeah, once i have it made I typically break it down into 100 ml or 50 ml and add the concentrate then . I know it will work out less than 3 mg but thats a good thing :)

You can do that or if you wanted to maintain it at approx 3mg you could add a mix with 3mg nic to your 6mg mix,this would give you a finished base of 4.5 mg nic,adding your concentrate would then reduce it again bringing it closer to your desired 3mg.

• Advertisement

The easiest ay to do it is mix the concentrate with your pure VG to 500ml, then mix that with your 6mg base, voila - 3mg ;)

Advertisement