Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

I've been lurking into this topic for quite a while and I've finally pulled the trigger and bought 1L of nicotine and 4L of PG/VG.
    I've done my first mix based on elequidrecipes just a plain 12mg pg/vg 30/70, however my OH found it quite "rough" and also she would like some Tobacco flavour (she is used to the Dekang E-Liquid RED USA MIX). 2 question: where can I get a bottle of "Red" tobacco flavour? If I increase the pg will the mix become less rough and produce a bigger cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

You seriously won't regret buying the nicotine. Who knows if we'll even be able to buy it by May.

Is the Dekang stuff usually 30/70 pg/vg? The more PG you add the less clouds you should get. A lot of people say 70% PG is harsh. Lately people seem to use 30% PG or even less. I've always stuck with 50/50 but that's just my preference.

I can't really say much about tobacco flavours but a lot of the time people just throw some caramel flavour in and it seems to really work in more tobacco mixes.

Link the recipe you made

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

darconio wrote: »
    I've been lurking into this topic for quite a while and I've finally pulled the trigger and bought 1L of nicotine and 4L of PG/VG.
    I've done my first mix based on elequidrecipes just a plain 12mg pg/vg 30/70, however my OH found it quite "rough" and also she would like some Tobacco flavour (she is used to the Dekang E-Liquid RED USA MIX). 2 question: where can I get a bottle of "Red" tobacco flavour? If I increase the pg will the mix become less rough and produce a bigger cloud?

Increasing pg would give more throat hit and less cloud. Did you use any flavour? Some need to steep for a bit. You didn't say what you're using it in either. I generally mix at 70/30 vg/pg but at 3mg nic and it's very very smooth. When I mix at 6mg and shake and vape (no time between mixing and using) I can find that a bit harsh initially. I use 6mg in joyetech aio style products that use small coils. 3mg is for my larger rebuildable attys.

However, if you're using 12mg in the same setup you always use 12 mg in, try leaving your mix for a week or so shaking it every day, then try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Thanks guys for your quick reply
    chipfox wrote: »
    You seriously won't regret buying the nicotine. Who knows if we'll even be able to buy it by May.

Is the Dekang stuff usually 30/70 pg/vg? The more PG you add the less clouds you should get. A lot of people say 70% PG is harsh. Lately people seem to use 30% PG or even less. I've always stuck with 50/50 but that's just my preference.

I can't really say much about tobacco flavours but a lot of the time people just throw some caramel flavour in and it seems to really work in more tobacco mixes.

Link the recipe you made

That was exactly my thought and only when I started mixing it into the recipe I realized the small amount of nicotine you need to make a huge amount of E-juice! This is the dosage I've tried:

Nicotine juice 72 mg (100% PG) 8.33
    PG dilutant 6.67
    VG dilutant 35

This is for 50Ml

Strength: 12 mg
    PG/VG-ratio: 30/70
    Flavor total: 0 ml / 0g (0%)

I just realized that the dekang are 80/20 pg/vg so I'll try that next time: or is there any way to fix the above one to reflect 80/20 pg/vg from the initial 30/70 ?
    Increasing pg would give more throat hit and less cloud. Did you use any flavour? Some need to steep for a bit. You didn't say what you're using it in either. I generally mix at 70/30 vg/pg but at 3mg nic and it's very very smooth. When I mix at 6mg and shake and vape (no time between mixing and using) I can find that a bit harsh initially. I use 6mg in joyetech aio style products that use small coils. 3mg is for my larger rebuildable attys.

However, if you're using 12mg in the same setup you always use 12 mg in, try leaving your mix for a week or so shaking it every day, then try it again.

I didn't use any flavour, but I would like to purchase some Tobacco: do you know anybody selling it? I use as well the joytech aio, I found it very easy to use especially for my oh. I will try your suggestion of shaking it

Another question: what do you guys do when experimenting? do you throw it away when is not suitable or you use small dosage until you get it right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Base mix on it's own can be a bit harsh on the throat, increasing the pg will make it harsher again. At 12mg NIC I'd imagine it's a mtl vape your after so if it was me I'd mix a 50/50 base with your 12mg and add your concentrate, ezsmoke have a good selection of tobacco's from T juice and are usually good with a 15 per cent concentrate addition to your base.
    For testing juice I'd use an rda and if it's not to your liking I'd add a couple of drops of your concentrate till your happy with the flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I found even my usual 3mg strength a little harsher than usual when I began DIY. Part of the reason is the nic is fresh, whereas it has steeped and smoothened out in purchased liquids. Also, they may say '12mg' on so-called premium juices, but you're just taking them at their word. Fresh nic is most likely though, just let it sit for a couple days.

I don't do tobacco flavorings but look at http://picknmixdiy.com they have a decent range of concentrates and you'd have it within a couple of days

You can search tobacco on there, result: http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=tobacco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

anyone know if all turkish tobacco's have a sweet taste...

I'd say give a juice with less PG a go but it depends on your mod. If it's a penvape the more PG the better but if it's any sort of box type mod chances are you'll want at least a 50/50. I don't think more powerful ecigs are that compatible with high PG juices

The only tobacco flavours I've made were with DK Tobacco base and Western concentrates. I mix them both and add some caramel and it seems fairly similar to VIP's virginia rolling tobacco flavour.

I find this calculator really handy for mixing up different strengths: http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

Only thing to note is when you're adding in flavours you have to subtract that amount from the PG. The VG and nic numbers won't change if you've put everything else in right

anyone know if all turkish tobacco's have a sweet taste...

I think all the Turkish have a touch of honey in them so that would probably sweeten the taste alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Looking into the DIY mixing now, and with not wanting to get high volumes of nicotine (small kids in the house) is it reasonable to mix 10 or 15 mls of high nicotine (24mg) e juice (like the tobacco flavour one in lidl) to your VG/PG/Flavouring mix to get the nicotine level up ?
    I’d be looking a 10-15 mls into a 100ml mix to get around 3mg overall.

Or is there an obvious reason not to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Menoetius wrote: »

Makes more sense and cheaper to get 72mg nicotine and store it safely. Even 54mg would work.

Looking into the DIY mixing now, and with not wanting to get high volumes of nicotine (small kids in the house) is it reasonable to mix 10 or 15 mls of high nicotine (24mg) e juice (like the tobacco flavour one in lidl) to your VG/PG/Flavouring mix to get the nicotine level up ?
    I’d be looking a 10-15 mls into a 100ml mix to get around 3mg overall.

No reason you can't do it but DIY nicotine probably won't be for sale very soon. Spend 40 quid on a litre and lock it up. You will be kicking yourself you didn't.

cheers, do you need to freeze the nicotine? how long would it generally keep for?

I'd say it'd keep longer than it'd take you to go through the litre easily. I have stuff I got from a fella on this board and it's from 2015, was never kept in a freezer or broken into small containers. The stuff is still perfect.

I broke it all up into smaller bottles, filled them up to the very top so there's no air and just keep them in the freezer. I take out 100ml whenever I need it. I just have so much nic stockpiled it'll take me 20 years to get through it so I'm probably going a bit overboard

hi all, first time trying the DIY and trying to make sure I order the right stuff.
    looking on picknmixdiy
    with 50mg nicotine (http://picknmixdiy.com/50mg-USP-Nicotine-VG-Base-100ml-picknmix-vaping-ireland) I want to make 100mls or juice at 6mg nicotine and 80/20 VG / PG
    Can anyone break it down for me? struggling to get my head round the nicotine (72mg nicotine is an option too).
    I'll get the VG and PG seperately, and flavouring in 10ml bottle.
    Also one full bottle of flavour per 100ml, does that sound about right ? Its "the flavour apprentice" flavouring.

hi all, first time trying the DIY and trying to make sure I order the right stuff.
    looking on picknmixdiy
    with 50mg nicotine (http://picknmixdiy.com/50mg-USP-Nicotine-VG-Base-100ml-picknmix-vaping-ireland) I want to make 100mls or juice at 6mg nicotine and 80/20 VG / PG
    Can anyone break it down for me? struggling to get my head round the nicotine (72mg nicotine is an option too).
    Also one full bottle of flavour per 100ml, does that sound about right ? Its "the flavour apprentice" flavouring.

12ml Nic

10ml PG

68ml VG

10ml Concentrate

That's the breakdown using your concentrate at 10% in the mix.

Personally I'd get the 72% Nic in a 50/50 PG/VG, you'll use less and it's not as difficult to work with as VG based Nic.

looking on picknmixdiy

Using 72% 50/50 Nic your measurements are

8.33ml Nic

5.84ml PG

75.83ml VG

10ml Concentrate.

much obliged folks !

If you're ever stuck give this calculator a bash

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

It doesn't factor in flavours so just subtract the amount from the PG total. Looks like you have VG nice so you'll need to subtract that amount from the VG total. You get the hang of it really quick though. Try hit the numbers Bill posted and you're sorted. I use this all the time even today

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Been wanting to make a copy of thebestshops ejuice

Dippy Dawg

Sweet and sour grape with touch of candy

Was my ADV for ages but the lowest they do is 6mg and iv long since moved down to 3mg.

Now i could dilute it but im guessing id have a big drop in flavour as it would need to be about 50% dilute.
    So does anyone have an idea what flavours id need.
    Im guessing grape and sweetener? But how do i get the sweet/sour taste im after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Has anyone tried any of Flavour Arts emotions/one shot range?

I tried Glory and absolutely love it. I'm using it at 3% for MTL in a 50/50 10mg mix.

Its a kind of roasted peanutty/tobacco flavour. Not everyones cuppa tea but I love it.

I see they have a load of other options, Labyrinth, Wow, etc.

Can anyone recommend any?

I see they have a load of other options, Labyrinth, Wow, etc.

Labyrinth at about 4.5 per cent is excellent, a maderia cake flavour. Glory is on my list. Labyrinth would be an adv for me, needs about 3/4 day steep.

Was thinking on trying Wow, and Zepolla - but I would be using them in mixes, not as solo flavorings

so I took the plunge and mixed my first DIY juice over the weekend.
    Two of the flavours (berry crunch and fruit circles from TFA) are not giving much of a fruity smell after mixing at all.
    I mixed them at 10%
    Would this come out over time with steeping?
    the other flavours can be smelled straight away (creme de menthe, absinthe and egg nog).
    Just wondering if this is normal

so I took the plunge and mixed my first DIY juice over the weekend.
    Two of the flavours (berry crunch and fruit circles from TFA) are not giving much of a fruity smell after mixing at all.
    I mixed them at 10%
    Would this come out over time with steeping?
    the other flavours can be smelled straight away (creme de menthe, absinthe and egg nog).
    Just wondering if this is normal

Berry crunch is not that strong a flavoring on it own, I always add separate fruits to any mix using it. I can't take to Fruit circles at all, it just tastes like lemon pledge soaked cardboard! :D But it should definitely give you flavour, it's a pretty strong concentrate. It does benefit from a good steep though, maybe put the mix away and try it after a week or more.

Berry crunch is not that strong a flavoring on it own, I always add separate fruits to any mix using it. I can't take to Fruit circles at all, it just tastes like lemon pledge soaked cardboard! :D But it should definitely give you flavour, it's a pretty strong concentrate. It does benefit from a good steep though, maybe put the mix away and try it after a week or more.

I see what you mean about fruit circles!!
    any suggestions as to another flavour to add to tone down the lemon pledgyness?

FA Meringue or TPA Cheesecake Graham Crust. Ideally both... and don't go over 7% with fruit circles. Maybe even 6... It's really strong

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Hi to all, This is my first time DIYing juice so would appreciate any help. I am looking for a juice around 70/30 VG/PG, I prefer no nicotine juices so I dont have to include that. Im looking for a Mango kind of flavour so if anybody knows a good one I would appreciate any recommendations, Im also open to trying any other flavours that are highly rated on her. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Hi to all, This is my first time DIYing juice so would appreciate any help. I am looking for a juice around 70/30 VG/PG, I prefer no nicotine juices so I dont have to include that. Im looking for a Mango kind of flavour so if anybody knows a good one I would appreciate any recommendations, Im also open to trying any other flavours that are highly rated on her. Thanks in advance

Welcome :)

You're going to need to purchase PG, VG, a few syringes, bottles and flavour concentrates (Mango in your case).

In my opinion, Darkstar Vapour is the cheapest for VG and PG so links below for each :

VG : http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg/vegetable-glycerine
    PG : http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/pg-vg/propylene-glycol

I'd recommend buying a litre of each starting out. Sounds like a lot but you wont feel going through them.

After that, you'll need your flavour concentrate. I'm not a mango lover myself but I'm sure there's others on here who will put you in the right direction.

Here's the first two Mango concentrates I've found on Darkstar -

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/mango-flavor-apprentice
    http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/sweet-mango-capella

Pick your self up a few syringes here : http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/mixing-accessories

Finally, you'll need a calculator to work out the amount of each to add into the mix. My favourite is : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

That's it! Any other questions, fire ahead :)

Advertisement