Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Thanks alot, just two more questions if I am ordering a litre of VG and PG how much of the flavour should I order, and secondly on that calculator you linked it says PG content of nicotine and VG content of nicotine what should I set those to. I have desired strength, Water/Vodka/PGA and nicotine set to 0. Below the flavour it also says VG, PG or other which one of those should I select. Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Thanks alot, just two more questions if I am ordering a litre of VG and PG how much of the flavour should I order, and secondly on that calculator you linked it says PG content of nicotine and VG content of nicotine what should I set those to. I have desired strength, Water/Vodka/PGA and nicotine set to 0. Below the flavour it also says VG, PG or other which one of those should I select. Thanks for all the help

It all really depends on your own personal preference, some folks prefer a stronger flavour (higher percentage in the mix) and others less flavour. It all depends on the concentrate itself as well. The only way you can find out is to experiment and figure out where your sweet spot is.

No need to worry about the PG/VG content of the nicotine, it doesn't matter which is at 100% because you have the desired strength set at 0 so it won't incorporate the nicotine content in the mix.

With the flavour, it is either PG or VG based. Most flavour concentrates are PG. So which ever concentrate you go with, find out whether it's PG or VG based and then pop it into the calculator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Thanks so much for all the help, have some idea now! Any recommendations for other flavours worth trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Thanks so much for all the help, have some idea now! Any recommendations for other flavours worth trying?

Not a bother, give a shout anytime!

Whipped up some Pinkman last night at 7% and really enjoying it. Very sweety/fruity but not sickening as of yet :p

Can't go wrong with fruity flavours! Darkstar is great for the PG/VG/Nic but for concentrates I lean more towards https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/

Greater selection of flavours!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

chefs are great they have such a better selection than darkstar. darkstar do good prices on what they have though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Chefs are quite expensive for VG/PG, almost as well off buying from a chemist. I can get 100ml VG for €3 locally, whenever I need some spare. Chefs are charging £2 per 100ml. Very steep when you look at DarkStar, who do 250ml for the same price.

I might give them a go for concentrates, but my first search after seeing the do Inawera, was a disappointment. No Cherimoya!? dang ... seems Inawera direct is still only place I can get this lush stuff. But I have to then bulk out my order to make it worthwhile, end up with concentrates I don't really need. There's only 5/6 Inawera ones I'd use regular.

I think you're wasting your money if you're not buying VG by the gallon anyway. There are way cheaper sources than concentrate sites.

Love that they do the free shipping at ?30 though. I always need 100mls of the essentials every few months it's not hard to hit that. And then always use the 10% code so you get a 30ml for nothing. Darkstar hit you twice with postage so that can eat into the savings

chipfox wrote: »
    I think you're wasting your money if you're not buying VG by the gallon anyway. There are way cheaper sources than concentrate sites.

Love that they do the free shipping at ?30 though. I always need 100mls of the essentials every few months it's not hard to hit that. And then always use the 10% code so you get a 30ml for nothing. Darkstar hit you twice with postage so that can eat into the savings

Unlike nic, I'd never buy bulk VG, prefer it fresh as possible. Also, wouldn't the postage be mad high on a gallon? :D

I only buy it if I can get free post. Post cost is the VG/PG killer. It can keep up to 5 years under the right conditions but prob lasts me a year. I mean if you're getting a gallon for 15 quid or whatever it makes no sense to buy any less

And let's be honest here who doesn't want practically unlimited lube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Can someone be kind enough to explain the 7.2% nicotine from darkstar.

I see it says it is 72mg typically if I wanted a 12mg juice how much ml would I have to add to a batch to make 12mg how far would it stretch I want to know. Haven't made any juices but want to start it will be a pain in the arse filling from a 10ml bottle. How long would the nicotine keep also if I stocked up on it I imaging keeping refrigerated would last longer.

• Advertisement

Can someone be kind enough to explain the 7.2% nicotine from darkstar.

I see it says it is 72mg typically if I wanted a 12mg juice how much ml would I have to add to a batch to make 12mg how far would it stretch I want to know. Haven't made any juices but want to start it will be a pain in the arse filling from a 10ml bottle. How long would the nicotine keep also if I stocked up on it I imaging keeping refrigerated would last longer.

per 100ml of juice you want to mix up you're going to use just about 17ml of your nic. A 500ml bottle of nic would allow you to mix 3 litres of juices at that strength.

Calculate how much you vape per day, and divide that into 3000. If you average 10ml per day the nic should last you 300 days for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Right so I've got three flavour concentrates from TFA. Blueberry wild, raspberry and greek yoghurt.
    Was thinking of make three batches.
    1 - 5% blueberry wild and 5% greek yoghurt
    2 -  5% raspberry and 5% greek yoghurt
    3 - 5% raspberry and 5% blueberry wild
    from experience are there any (or all) of those combinations that will / won't work?
    Or should I start with lower / higher percentages on any flavours?

I never tried TFA raspberry, but I do know that blueberry wild works very well with Greek yogurt. In fact, pretty much any fruit works with TFA Greek yogurt IMO, so the raspberry will probably be fine. Blueberry wild isn't all that strong, I would probably go 7-8% if only using it with the yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Still not got into the mixing much. Not even gone through all of the pick n mix starter kit i got.
    Think my first mix was a bit off. Felt pretty harsh. Maybe i vaped it too early.

With all the sales iv stocked up on plenty of various juices so im happy out for now so i probly wont jump and stock up on nic but going forward would i be right in thinking that the 18 pack of nic shots should do me about 1L of 3mg juice? I used a calculator and got roughly 16ml to 100ml of juice. If i done it right.
    Id be happy enough with that in the future. Granted not as cheap as it currently is but should be a lot cheaper than premium juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

An 18 pack of 18mg shots should make around 1.08L of juice if my maths is right.

I've never put an order in with Darkstar, but looking to start DIYing while I can still get my hands on the bigger bottles. Does anyone know how long their postage is taking currently and how much they charge for it? Might be better going through DPD Parcel Wizard or something. Also if anyone has any discount codes it would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

If I'm going to start making juice I'd probably be experimenting with different flavours what would be the best setup to have measuring wise. Is it all about scale, say if I'd make 20ml to test and scaled it up would you still get the same flavour provided the measurements are correct. Would it be better to measure in ml or grams on a scales? Or go for a bigger mixture and scale down.

** flashbacks of chemistry classes

I use a scale, and this site for calculating: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Couldn't be simpler really, once you get a few mixes under your belt.

Menoetius wrote: »
    Right so I've got three flavour concentrates from TFA. Blueberry wild, raspberry and greek yoghurt.
    Was thinking of make three batches.
    1 - 5% blueberry wild and 5% greek yoghurt
    2 - 5% raspberry and 5% greek yoghurt
    3 - 5% raspberry and 5% blueberry wild
    from experience are there any (or all) of those combinations that will / won't work?
    Or should I start with lower / higher percentages on any flavours?

These were some of my first flavours. I found blueberry wild to be fairly weak. I ended up using around 10% and even then it's a bit weak. Nicest blueberry I've had to date though

The raspberry is very strong and not really that useful by itself. I found it a bit perfumey but I never really let it steep or go back to it. The flavour art one seems similar but a bit nicer. Would be interested to hear what it's like at 5% though don't think I ever went that high with it

Think the highest I ever went with greek yoghurt was 4% and it's pretty strong. 3 or even 2 would be better. I'd probably go 8-9 blueberry and 2-3 greek for that one just to make them balanced

I go as high as 7% on Greek, but I love the stuff. I love the sour bite it adds. Just made a fresh mix yesterday, it'll want a few days to shine but already smelling good:

Red Vs Blue (Greek yogurt)?: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1431659/Red+Vs+Blue+%2528Greek+yogurt%2529

1.5% Bilberry (FA)
    2% Blackcurrant (FA)
    2% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
    2% Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
    5% Greek Yogurt (TPA)
    1% Raspberry Shisha (INAWERA)
    1.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 15%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/bqE9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Quick query gents.......anyone got VG and PG off Darkstar? Whats the limit to what you can buy Ive read a couple of different totals.

Basically i want to buy their Freezer pack of nic (4X500mls), 1 litre of VG and 500ml of PG. Can anyone advise..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

They say 2 litre limit if posting to NI, which I assume you're doing using Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

They say 2 litre limit if posting to NI, which I assume you're doing using Parcel Motel.

Yep thats what I thought as well but ive read people say its possible to get more with a mixture of the smaller bottles.

Might give them a buzz anyway!

I've ordered 2ltr of VG along with 500ml of nic and 100ml or so of concentrates in one order and no hassle. I think it's a 2ltr limit on VG itself.

What are all these shisha concs like? Always wanted a decent raspberry, like a really sweet one. Also what exactly is forest fruits?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

What are all these shisha concs like? Always wanted a decent raspberry, like a really sweet one. Also what exactly is forest fruits?

I just got some shisha flavours from Inawera and they are amazing. I really like inawera flavours and they are super concentrated. You only need 3%.

They have about 20 new flavours now too. So far this week I have tried Shisha Strawberry, shisha banana, Lemon cake and Pink panther. They have all been awesome I have Coconut cookie and their custard steeping at the moment and they smell amazing.

FA Forest mix is a blend of FA raspberry, billberry and blackcurrant afaik. It's good stuff. Even better if you compliment it with additional fruits

The Shisha range can be hit and miss, like all Inawera concentrates. Some are lovely, and some meh.

I have that Pink Panther too, very strong but I love it. It's rhubarb, red currant and raspberry I think? I use it in a bubble gum mix, also have inawera bubble gum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

An update to the Easy Mix...

Just ordered 350ml which cost €30 & that includes their shipping costs to my AddressPal because they only ship to UK.
    A further €3.50 for AddressPal,so the total costs for 350ml (use my own nic) is €33.50.

Nearly half the price of 3 x 120ml Arkansas liquid...€60...

Only extra is adding a bit of your own Nic but still alot cheaper & more flavours & pg/vg ratios to pick...
    Also pick your mg Nic so space is left in the bottle for it...

VAT is not added to their prices,only at checkout...

http://www.bestcigliquid.co.uk/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Just received my first order from Darkstar. I got a call yesterday from DPD (I used Parcel Wizard to ship to Ireland) telling me a glass bottle was broken and they had to repack it for me. My worst fears were confirmed - the VG, PG and flavours were all fine so the nicotine must have been the broken bottle because it wasn't there but everything else was covered in a sticky goo...

Just hoping Darkstar reply to my email quickly so I can get a replacement before Friday and the new rules come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Gerrupouttadat

So is Darkstar the only game left as regards to Nic?
    Also anyone know of a decently priced Irish company selling flavours?
    I've been using picknmixdiy and wondering if there's any competition.

Advertisement