Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

So is Darkstar the only game left as regards to Nic? Also anyone know of a decently priced Irish company selling flavours? I've been using picknmixdiy and wondering if there's any competition.

Darkstar will also come under tpd regs as of tonight(friday).. Pickandmix would be the best Irish supplier at the moment that i know of for flavours.. theres always chefs vapour and flavourboss in the uk..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

How long do flavours last? No best before date on the ones from Darkstar or a Capella bottle I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I see they are still selling White Lightning & Gypsy Juice without Nic...

http://e-shop.ie/120-ml-80vg/20vg-e-liquid-/-e-juices/c40641

I see they are still selling White Lightning & Gypsy Juice without Nic...

Ya but thats grand shur. Can sell it in 1 litre bottles as long as there is no nic in it..

I know the regs but I was shocked to see my fav liquids were back in stock so quickly & still €20 a hit,just add my own 72% Nic which is 10ml of 72% Nic for 120ml = 6mg.

The 10ml Nic Shots we buy now online is only 20% Nic strength compared to the 72% Nic strength we stocked up with like from Darkstar & others...

I'm mentioning this for the Newbies out there in case they follow the online Nic measurement tables given by eliquid companies...

In plain English,the 72% home Nic you stocked up with is over 3 times stronger than the 10ml bottles you get online now...

You don't want to overdose yourself with Nicotine...

A Simple Calculator...

http://www.leisureliquids.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Some places are still selling the nic just have it marked as not for human use or something. Now weather thats allowed or not i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Darkstar will still sell 72mg nic you just need to have a "business" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

chipfox wrote: »
    Darkstar will still sell 72mg nic you just need to have a "business" or something.

Oh cool, I have a business, it's called "my own" - I wonder will that work? :D

I done up a mix I haven't done in a long time, before Christmas at least. It's like a new discovery almost, feels fresh again. Must re-visit some more of my old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Did my first mixing session in a long time last night. Been doing a lot of reading up on various cereal mixes and flavour notes. Aiming to finally replicate Teleos The Milk. Previous attempts were ok but never had the depth or finish of the original.

Heres the latest effort which smells v promising;

CMWcnsm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Trond wrote:

The hunt for the 'holy grail' of juices continues,Teleos,sadly not available any more but your recipe looks interesting and maybe you'd keep us up to date on its progression.
    On another Teleos related topic,have you tried Witchcraft Cereal Killer, very similar to the original Teleos and not as sweet as Teleos V2, might be worth your while giving it a try.

• Advertisement

The hunt for the 'holy grail' of juices continues,Teleos,sadly not available any more but your recipe looks interesting and maybe you'd keep us up to date on its progression.
    On another Teleos related topic,have you tried Witchcraft Cereal Killer, very similar to the original Teleos and not as sweet as Teleos V2, might be worth your while giving it a try.

Cheers, might give it a go so, hadn't heard of it previously. TPD really having an impact €18 for 30ml.:(

I think the main base of Fruit circles, Berry Crunch and NY Cheesecake is spot on. its what thats after that is the tough bit!

Also think im a little nearer with a nut juice clone. I'll report back in a week or so!

Experimented with FA Cardamon as well, think it might be a keeper...

Has anyone ever came across a clone of the druids brew bread of heaven? Now thats one I'd love to learn to mix..

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Hi all, I’m looking at the flavourart concentrates, trying to find a concentrate that holds up well on it’s own without mixing flavours.

“Up” and “Eclipse” seem interesting. What have peoples experience with flavourart been?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Menoetius wrote:
    Hi all, I’m looking at the flavourart concentrates, trying to find a concentrate that holds up well on it’s own without mixing flavours.

Labyrinth,vanilla sponge cake and Glory,nutty tobacco are good on their own.

Trond wrote: »
    Cheers, might give it a go so, hadn't heard of it previously. TPD really having an impact €18 for 30ml.:(

I think the main base of Fruit circles, Berry Crunch and NY Cheesecake is spot on. its what thats after that is the tough bit!

Also think im a little nearer with a nut juice clone. I'll report back in a week or so!

Experimented with FA Cardamon as well, think it might be a keeper...

I see that the Nut Juice is back in stock at Esmoke,10ml bottles,it's only gone up 55c for 30ml of it,bought 12 x 10ml...
    Had to buy it,I love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Total newbie with DIY stuff. Is it just a case of buying a concentrate like this and then a base like this and then mix in a nicotine shot?

The concentrate suggests starting with 15%, so would that be 15ml of the concentrate into the 100ml of base? How does the nicotine work then?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

John_Mc wrote: »
    Total newbie with DIY stuff. Is it just a case of buying a concentrate like this and then a base like this and then mix in a nicotine shot?

The concentrate suggests starting with 15%, so would that be 15ml of the concentrate into the 100ml of base? How does the nicotine work then?

Thanks

In simple terms yeah. Take 10ml out of the 100 for your nic shot or however many your putting in. Bear in mind the nic shot will either be PG or VG so might alter the PG/VG %

Edit: actually what strength are you after? See the thread nicotine shots posted by doc, has a break down of the amount of shots to add in for various sizes and strength. But your on the right track.

Also you will need to let it steep for a week or 2 for the flavours to mix/develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Well I accidently made the nicest juice I ever tasted today. Here is the recipe for anyone interested.

Using VPG 70:30.

First mix each flavour as a standalone flavour. They are 3% concentrates. I mix 170 drops directly from the concentrate bottles to 100ml of base. Then mix as shown below.

40% Inawera SHISHA STRAWBERRY
    40% Inawera CUSTARD
    10% Inawera SHISHA COCONUT
    10% Inawera LEMON CAKE

You could sell this **** to non smokers, it is that good.
    Taste similar to:
    MTFFOUY2RjZCQzFCRTM3NkVCNjE6OTQyNTJhZDIyYmQyZTA3NjQwNjQ4NTdhN2UwYWM0Yjk6Ojo6OjA=

The stuff is amazing. I was debating whether to drink it or not. :D
    Also the new Inawera Custard is awesome and is super concentrated at 3%.

Well I accidently made the nicest juice I ever tasted today. Here is the recipe for anyone interested.

Using VPG 70:30.

First mix each flavour as a standalone flavour. They are 3% concentrates. I mix 170 drops directly from the concentrate bottles to 100ml of base. Then mix as shown below.

40% Inawera SHISHA STRAWBERRY
    40% Inawera CUSTARD
    10% Inawera SHISHA COCONUT
    10% Inawera LEMON CAKE

Thanks, going to try this as my first DIY. Where did you get the concentrates?

Thanks, going to try this as my first DIY. Where did you get the concentrates?
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/7-e-flavours

• Advertisement

Thanks, I've just ordered all of those. When you say 170 drops, what do you mean by that?

Thanks, I've just ordered all of those. When you say 170 drops, what do you mean by that?

Just when you squeez the bottle the concentrate comes in the juice will come out in drops. Just squeez 170 drops from it to 100ml of base. It may sound like a pain, but takes a minute. :)

All of them flavours are excellent on their own by the way.

Ooooh, Mikado! I don't have the right ingredients but think I'll try something similar, see how it goes. I have shisha coconut and Inawera Shisha vanilla, which is a bit like their custard. No Lemon cake either but do have FA Nonna's cake, and I'd be using different strawberry as I'm out of INW's atm. Possibly FA's Red touch

Ooooh, Mikado! I don't have the right ingredients but think I'll try something similar, see how it goes. I have shisha coconut and Inawera Shisha vanilla, which is a bit like their custard. No Lemon cake either but do have FA Nonna's cake, and I'd be using different strawberry as I'm out of INW's atm. Possibly FA's Red touch

You should get something very similar taste wise with what you have. If you have a good rasberry I reckon that would work even better than strawberry. Strawberry is all I had. The lemon cake was used purely for its biscuit flavour and the lemon is very subtle. Any good biscuit flavour should do.

You should get something very similar taste wise with what you have. If you have a good rasberry I reckon that would work even better than strawberry. Strawberry is all I had. The lemon cake was used purely for its biscuit flavour and the lemon is very subtle. Any good biscuit flavour should do.

I made up a mix last night, ended up using FA cookie and Vienna cream instead of the Lemon. SO far so good, has that coconut biscuit flavour, smells delicious, but as ever the strawberry is weak, like a side note. I still find it one of the hardest flavorings to work with. I might just do that, add some raspberry

I made up a mix last night, ended up using FA cookie and Vienna cream instead of the Lemon. SO far so good, has that coconut biscuit flavour, smells delicious, but as ever the strawberry is weak, like a side note. I still find it one of the hardest flavorings to work with. I might just do that, add some raspberry

Yeah for the recipe to work ideally you really need a good strong strawberry or raspberry. It is the jam of the mikado so needs to be the dominant flavour. With a few tweaks here and there you will get it. :D

In my mix I get a burst of the strawberry flavour followed by subtle coconut biscuit after tone. The custard just brings it all together and adds depth.

I find the inawera shisha strawberry to be stellar even on its own.

I find the inawera shisha strawberry to be stellar even on its own.

I had it, but I'm all out atm. Time for a fresh INW order I think ...

You must try their Cherimoya, it's lovely stuff, works great in a custard too. It's an odd fruit, it's got shades of apple, banana, pineapple and a slight caramel note. I make a Greek yogurt using it and add extra tips of complimentary fruits: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/953825/Cheriyog You could sub in other creams for that one, and the white grape is only to add 'juiciness' - I also do a Cherimoya/banana custard: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1006183/Cherinana%20Cus%27 That one needs more of a steep, but both are delicious

Try adding 0.5% FA Bilberry? Maybe even throw in 0.5% INW Cactus?

Try adding 0.5% FA Bilberry? Maybe even throw in 0.5% INW Cactus?

Yeah I have both of those, I did inject a dash of Dragonfruit, and some strawberry taffy, but I don't know, maybe I used too much coconut and it's smothering the fruit a little. Still pleasant, but no 'oomph' just yet. Letting it steep a little more.

• Advertisement

Did my first mixing session in a long time last night. Been doing a lot of reading up on various cereal mixes and flavour notes. Aiming to finally replicate Teleos The Milk. Previous attempts were ok but never had the depth or finish of the original.

CMWcnsm.png

Update on this after 3 weeks its feicin lovely. Was tempted to up the fruit circles as it felt a tad muted but it's really popped in the last week. Gona mix up a shed load of it now....

Advertisement