Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Great when you find a nice mix, it becomes an ADV and you can almost ix it blind after a few batches :)

That is a LOT of malted milk though :/ I couldn't get along with that stuff, tried it out in various 'milkshake' attempts but it was muting other flavors badly. That might be what is holding your Fruit circles back, because that is a strong flavor in itself. I would leave that and try lowering the malted milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hey everyone,

I'm just going to be starting off making my own liquid due to a recent absolute horrifying juice that I bought. I just wanted to make sure that I'm getting the correct stuff to start off. I'm looking to buy VG, PG, concentrates, syringes, empty bottles and if possible, a graduated cylinder. Is it worth it to separate orders? Currently looking at darkstar for VG, PG and concentrates(side question: are the brands of concentrate on their website reasonable compared to the seemingly more popular Inawera brand?). And then the other stuff on thebestshop.eu possibly because they're the cheapest that I found so far but I'm not impressed by the syringes that say 'single use only'.

Could someone maybe suggest if I'm missing any equipment that I should have or list what they would order for themselves? :) Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hey everyone,

I'm just going to be starting off making my own liquid due to a recent absolute horrifying juice that I bought. I just wanted to make sure that I'm getting the correct stuff to start off. I'm looking to buy VG, PG, concentrates, syringes, empty bottles and if possible, a graduated cylinder. Is it worth it to separate orders? Currently looking at darkstar for VG, PG and concentrates(side question: are the brands of concentrate on their website reasonable compared to the seemingly more popular Inawera brand?). And then the other stuff on thebestshop.eu possibly because they're the cheapest that I found so far but I'm not impressed by the syringes that say 'single use only'.

Could someone maybe suggest if I'm missing any equipment that I should have or list what they would order for themselves? :) Thank you very much!

Concentrate brands can differ a lot,which I know nothing about,other experienced mixers will explain better.
    As far as mixing more than one flavour concentrate to achieve a recipe is not my forte also.
    Your'e probably thinking,what the fukc do I mix :D:D:D
    I'm a lazy mixer,one concentrate flavour per mix which is usually 250ml.

I always use scales to measure my liquid mix,saves a lot of cleaning...
    Syringes are great for PG but no good for VG as it is a very thick liquid...
    Different size measuring beakers are great for mixing the PG/VG & flavour...here's a 100ml/250ml beaker...
    http://picknmixdiy.com/plastic-beaker-50ml-100ml-250ml-picknmixdiy.vaping-wexford-ireland

These 100ml bottles are great...

http://picknmixdiy.com/100ml-hdpe-dropper-bottle-picknmixdiy-wexford-vaping-ireland

As far as the concentrates are concerned,better to ask others...

I use the one shots,they are already mixed...http://picknmixdiy.com/key-lime-cheesecake-recipe-picknmix-vaping-ireland?limit=100

Hey everyone,

Aha, you found it. I'll paste here what I posted in other thread, but a good look through this very thread will get you into the mix, hur ...

There's a DIY thread on this page, that's where I started my wee DIY journey. The basic ingredients you need are VG (Vegetable glycerine) PG (Propylene glycol) and flavorings. 0mg nic makes it so easy, it's just a matter of getting your flavor % right.

If you want to just give it a go, hit Pick'n'mix DIY, they run out of Wexford so you get the package asap. If you got some VG/PG (if you vape 70/30 or higher VG you only ever need a small bottle of PG) some 100ml bottles and some concentrates you'd be on your way. A scales is handy for measuring but you can use syringes. I love the bottles I link here because you can just add your flavorings and PG and then free pour the VG to fill.

500ml VG
    http://picknmixdiy.com/vg-500ml-picknmixdiy-vaping-concentrates-wexford-ireland9.99

100ml PG
    http://picknmixdiy.com/100ml-Mono-Propylene-Glycol-mixing-E-Liquid-vaping-picknmix-ireland

100ml easy mix bottles
    http://picknmixdiy.com/100ml-hdpe-dropper-bottle-picknmixdiy-wexford-vaping-ireland

1mm syringes, get a bunch of these
    http://picknmixdiy.com/1ml%20syringe-measuring%20syringe-Luer%20Slip-picknmix

to get mix recipes and conjur up your own, use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

Depends on what flavors you enjoy, have a look through the concentrates on there. A 10ml bottle of concentrate will usually do for a bunch of mixes, as you'll only be using a few ml per each 100ml mix [or the whole bottle if you just want a solo flavor]

Check through the DIY thread for tips ;)

Hey Cagey,do you remember "Forest Floor" which you sent me a few months back,that was a remarkable mix,I'm actually addicted to it now & I'm running out,even after a couple months,the taste is just getting better & better,any chance of getting the recipe from you,if you still have it...

• Advertisement

Hey Cagey,do you remember "Forest Floor" which you sent me a few months back,that was a remarkable mix,I'm actually addicted to it now & I'm running out,even after a couple months,the taste is just getting better & better,any chance of getting the recipe from you,if you still have it...

I forgot I sent you some of that :) It'll either have been this:

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2%
    Blackcurrant (INAWERA) 0.75 %
    Blueberry Wild (TPA)1.5%
    Boysenberry (Flavorah) 1.5%
    Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1%
    Pear (INAWERA)1.5%
    Raspberry Shisha (INAWERA)1.5%
    Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6%

Or a slight variation, I have 3 versions of it on private on e-lr. It started as a poor man's version of my 'Wild Wood' custard, when I didn't have Forest mix:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild%20Wood%20Custard

Again, you can tinker with that one to suit taste or whatever ingredients you might have similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

made my first mix the other night and tested it yesterday after a 3 day steep, it was very "meh". I got the recipe from steamroom vapors on youtube, 10% Strawberry ripe 3% Bavarian Cream 2% Vienna Cream. After 3 days it was only ok, i would say a lower quality juice that you could buy online. Do they all taste lower quality or is it possible to get that commerical juice flavour ? I was vaping Farmers Milk from E-cigshop which was a strawberry milkshake and tasted pretty good. Also their pink lemonade was the best i've had. Strawberry milkshake type liquids are my number one priority. Anyone got any good recipes?

Video wrote: »
    made my first mix the other night and tested it yesterday after a 3 day steep, it was very "meh". I got the recipe from steamroom vapors on youtube, 10% Strawberry ripe 3% Bavarian Cream 2% Vienna Cream. After 3 days it was only ok, i would say a lower quality juice that you could buy online. Do they all taste lower quality or is it possible to get that commerical juice flavour ? I was vaping Farmers Milk from E-cigshop which was a strawberry milkshake and tasted pretty good. Also their pink lemonade was the best i've had. Strawberry milkshake type liquids are my number one priority. Anyone got any good recipes?

Not sure if I'm correct but from what I've learned from reading around so far, aren't custard/cream flavours meant to be steeped the longest? Around 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Not sure if I'm correct but from what I've learned from reading around so far, aren't custard/cream flavours meant to be steeped the longest? Around 3 weeks?

Strawberry/cream mixes need a long steep to fully mature, after 3 days it will be very 'meh'. Give it at least 3 weeks to get the best out of it.

Video wrote: »

The "commercial" juices you speak of use the exact same flavorings. TFA Strawberry ripe is one of the weakest fruit flavorings I know, and with just creams, especially 2 that are very alike Bavarian/Vienna [pretty much the same thing from different companies] - you were only ever going to get a weak strawberry cream. Most mixers will use 2-3 different strawberries in one mix, they 'build' a strawberry profile from strawberry flavorings that compliment one another. You just need to try some stronger flavorings, and not use such a high ratio of the one type of cream. A lot of mixers use Capella Sweet strawberry combined with strawberry ripe. And I recommend trying some Cheesecake Graham crust to replace one of your creams.

I don't know steamroom vapors, but that's a poor recipe.

Look though this very thread for better

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll give others a try, Has anyone managed to clone and witchcraft liquids by any chance?

It's not much, it's not great, it's unfinished but it's worth starting doing instead of going crazy waiting for those damn DIY liquid shtuff to arrive. :pac: :pac: :pac:
    420865.jpg

I forgot I sent you some of that :) It'll either have been this:

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2%
    Blackcurrant (INAWERA) 0.75 %
    Blueberry Wild (TPA)1.5%
    Boysenberry (Flavorah) 1.5%
    Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1%
    Pear (INAWERA)1.5%
    Raspberry Shisha (INAWERA)1.5%
    Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6%

Or a slight variation, I have 3 versions of it on private on e-lr. It started as a poor man's version of my 'Wild Wood' custard, when I didn't have Forest mix:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild%20Wood%20Custard

Again, you can tinker with that one to suit taste or whatever ingredients you might have similar :)

Thanks Cagey,I'll try both,I'd say one is as good as the other...

On the "Forest Floor" label,you also wrote Berries with Custard,if that jolts your memory...

Thanks Cagey,I'll try both,I'd say one is as good as the other...

On the "Forest Floor" label,you also wrote Berries with Custard,if that jolts your memory...

AH, there's a very good chance I swapped out the pear for INW Raspberry shisha, like I say I have a few variants. That's why I kept them private, was always an experimental. But I'll mix up any version of it regularly.

It's not much, it's not great, it's unfinished but it's worth starting doing instead of going crazy waiting for those damn DIY liquid shtuff to arrive. :pac: :pac: :pac:
    420865.jpg

Nice bit of timber,this reminds me when I built a mod stand,well before Box Mods appeared,I drilled out 50 holes to fit all my tubular mods,I used an ordinary wood drill bits & the bloody mods would not stand up straight until I realised when drilling a 2" hole with one of those cabinet hinge drill bits,the bottom of the hole was flush & the T5 mod stood up straight,I thought,what an eegit,so I ordered a load of these bits from ebay & re-drilled all the holes again,a proud moment for me:D:D:D

AH, there's a very good chance I swapped out the pear for INW Raspberry shisha, like I say I have a few variants. That's why I kept them private, was always an experimental. But I'll mix up any version of it regularly.

Your experiment worked,it is an exceptional juice,never tried anything like it,even those expensive liquids can't match it.
    The date you mixed it was Feb 28th & I took my first vape with it in the middle of April sometime & it's still improving today...
    It's amazing how all the different concentrate flavours in a mix take their own time to come out & show their great flavour,especially the fruit,creams & custard mix you did,that's nearly 4 months steeping & each time I filled a tank,the taste was even greater.
    This would only happen because of the way I vape,I'm vaping 50+ different flavours everyday,so a sub ohm tank of mine only needs to be filled every two weeks,I always round robin these tanks,so the 50+ tanks are getting vaped at least 3 times a day...

Your experiment worked,it is an exceptional juice,never tried anything like it,even those expensive liquids can't match it.
    The date you mixed it was Feb 28th & I took my first vape with it in the middle of April sometime & it's still improving today...
    It's amazing how all the different concentrate flavours in a mix take their own time to come out & show their great flavour,especially the fruit,creams & custard mix you did,that's nearly 4 months steeping & each time I filled a tank,the taste was even greater.
    This would only happen because of the way I vape,I'm vaping 50+ different flavours everyday,so a sub ohm tank of mine only needs to be filled every two weeks,I always round robin these tanks,so the 50+ tanks are getting vaped at least 3 times a day...

Yeah custards will always improve over time, I always have a batch of my Wild wood in the press [pretty much similar to the Forest floor] and the deeper amber it gets, the better :) The fruit really shines after a few weeks, though it is a mix you could happily vape after just over a week, just won't be as silky.

I rarely do anything below 4-5 flavoring mixes, I like to 'build' a flavor profile I guess, so lower % but more complimenting. The Fuji apple I used in my WIld wood was really just to 'pop' the other fruits a little, I replaced that with pear when I ran out of the apple, so the pear for example wasn't meant to be a prominent flavor, more a backing. But when you change it for raspberry, it does add an extra fruitiness and I think it works better with the blueberry. It's all experimenting to find what suits really. But time is definitely a strong factor when it comes to stubborn creams or custards.

Glad you enjoyed it :) it's one of my ADV, it's that one I can pick up and get a satisfying vape no matter my humour

Nice bit of timber,this reminds me when I built a mod stand,well before Box Mods appeared,I drilled out 50 holes to fit all my tubular mods,I used an ordinary wood drill bits & the bloody mods would not stand up straight until I realised when drilling a 2" hole with one of those cabinet hinge drill bits,the bottom of the hole was flush & the T5 mod stood up straight,I thought,what an eegit,so I ordered a load of these bits from ebay & re-drilled all the holes again,a proud moment for me:D:D:D

Still have it? Would like to see a pic for inspiration purposes :D:D

Still have it? Would like to see a pic for inspiration purposes :D:D

No,I dumped it a couple of years ago,there might be chance that I have a photo of it,a slim chance:D
    I'll let you know...

Banana - Capella
    Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy - Capella
    Bubblegum - Capella
    Cappuccino - Flavor Apprentice
    Caramel - Capella
    Cheesecake (Graham Crust) - Flavor Apprentice
    Coconut - Capella
    Menthol - Dark Arts
    Pineapple - Dark Arts
    Strawberries & Cream - Capella
    Sweet Mango - Capella
    Sweet Watermelon - Capella
    Vanilla Custard V2 - Capella
    White Chocolate - Flavor West
    Strawberry - Dark Arts

SSOOO MMUUCCHH OPTTIONNSS TO THINK ABOUTTTT. Any suggestions for a first mix? Ideally shake and vape as I'm itching to try a new flavour out :D

How do I actually look around for recipes in http://e-liquid-recipes.com? Is there a way to look for recipes with the ingredients that I have like a filter or something?

• Advertisement

Banana - Capella
    Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy - Capella
    Bubblegum - Capella
    Cappuccino - Flavor Apprentice
    Caramel - Capella
    Cheesecake (Graham Crust) - Flavor Apprentice
    Coconut - Capella
    Menthol - Dark Arts
    Pineapple - Dark Arts
    Strawberries & Cream - Capella
    Sweet Mango - Capella
    Sweet Watermelon - Capella
    Vanilla Custard V2 - Capella
    White Chocolate - Flavor West
    Strawberry - Dark Arts

SSOOO MMUUCCHH OPTTIONNSS TO THINK ABOUTTTT. Any suggestions for a first mix? Ideally shake and vape as I'm itching to try a new flavour out :D

How do I actually look around for recipes in http://e-liquid-recipes.com? Is there a way to look for recipes with the ingredients that I have like a filter or something?

Yup, on the recipe page up top, click on resources > flavor list - find the flavor you have through there, you can click the star rating or recipe on the list to organise them in order of rating or amount of recipes they are used in. On the page for that flavoring then you can access mixer's notes on the concentrate and any [public] recipes using it.

Here's the page for Capella banana for example: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/1293

It seems to have a very low usage in recipes towards TFA banana cream, so it'll be harder find good recipes for.

Cheesecake graham crust on the other hand: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/8573 has 95K recipes :O

Really didn't get a change to do much with the DIY stuff. So busy. I did try one out though, and I'm having issues, and I can't pinpoint what the issue is exactly.

Made a mix of mango, pineapple, banana, menthol. Around 20% in total of flavour and the rest VG. Now, the juice is not amazing or anything, but I do appreciate the flavour mix. I don't LOVE it, but I would vape it. Together with doing up a mix, I attempted my first SS coil making and TC experience. Everything was going well until the SECOND drag which was almost a dry hit. I'm guessing TC was cutting out the power because it's got too much temperature at the coils meaning the wick is not wet enough to cool it down. First setup was pressed together 7 loop 26GA SS coils with muscle cotton, not too tight, not too loose. Before adding cotton, coils dry-fired perfectly without obvious hot spots or anything. As mentioned above, after all has been done, on the SECOND drag, this almost-dry-hit happens. Second setup was brand new muscle cotton, 7 loop 26GA SS but not pressed together. Dry-fired perfectly without issues, but exact same thing is happening. Is the juice just too crap for this type of a setup? Or could I still be doing something wrong? Tried different temperatures as well. Setup is Vaporesso Tarot Pro and OBS engine RTA. Coils Reading at .26-.28.

Really didn't get a change to do much with the DIY stuff. So busy. I did try one out though, and I'm having issues, and I can't pinpoint what the issue is exactly.

Made a mix of mango, pineapple, banana, menthol. Around 20% in total of flavour and the rest VG. Now, the juice is not amazing or anything, but I do appreciate the flavour mix. I don't LOVE it, but I would vape it. Together with doing up a mix, I attempted my first SS coil making and TC experience. Everything was going well until the SECOND drag which was almost a dry hit. I'm guessing TC was cutting out the power because it's got too much temperature at the coils meaning the wick is not wet enough to cool it down. First setup was pressed together 7 loop 26GA SS coils with muscle cotton, not too tight, not too loose. Before adding cotton, coils dry-fired perfectly without obvious hot spots or anything. As mentioned above, after all has been done, on the SECOND drag, this almost-dry-hit happens. Second setup was brand new muscle cotton, 7 loop 26GA SS but not pressed together. Dry-fired perfectly without issues, but exact same thing is happening. Is the juice just too crap for this type of a setup? Or could I still be doing something wrong? Tried different temperatures as well. Setup is Vaporesso Tarot Pro and OBS engine RTA. Coils Reading at .26-.28.

Nearly dry hits & flavourless is all down to wicking,the coils sound about perfect,spaced or micro,you could use VG only,nothing else & it should vape ok,the TC sounds that it is working ok as well,I presume you have the AFC open & the juice flow control (if it has one) open,with all these things working,then it's the way you are wicking it.
    Maybe too much cotton & it's causing a dam,too little cotton should flood the coils.
    Just check out a couple of YT videos to see how they are wicking it...

Nearly dry hits & flavourless is all down to wicking,the coils sound about perfect,spaced or micro,you could use VG only,nothing else & it should vape ok,the TC sounds that it is working ok as well,I presume you have the AFC open & the juice flow control (if it has one) open,with all these things working,then it's the way you are wicking it.
    Maybe too much cotton & it's causing a dam,too little cotton should flood the coils.

AFC is wide open and it's an OBS engine so the juice flow is just on the bottom without controls for it. I guess the wicking could only be too tight as it's definitely not flooding in there. I'll redo the wick tonight with cotton thickness lower than what I usually have done and see. Thanks a lot.
    Just check out a couple of YT videos to see how they are wicking it...

I have done this regarding the OBS and I really thought I've done it the exact same way as the guys on YT but I guess I need to use even less cotton as, according to my reading, SS has a really fast heat up time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I have done this regarding the OBS and I really thought I've done it the exact same way as the guys on YT but I guess I need to use even less cotton as, according to my reading, SS has a really fast heat up time.

Cotton just in the wick holes as well and not too much of it.

Have you tried it in normal power mode? SS wire can be used in both. I always ended up using normal power mode when I used SS wire, TC modes are just finnicky, and I don't really see the point tbh, the vape experience is no better even when it does work well.

Your juice will have nowt do with it though, especially as the juice you've mixed wouldn't require any steeping, it'll be more a shake 'n vape with those ingredients.

I think I got it sorted for now. You guys are right about the cotton. I guess it was just too much. I feel so uncomfortable putting that little cotton in there because of previous issues with this OBS engine and A LOT of spitting. But now I have no issues with even less cotton than I had at that time. Anyway, thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate it.

P.S. the juice that I made has got too much pineapple. :pac::pac:

anyone ever ordered flavor concentrates from the US? considering buying 120ml bottles of stuff but im worried about customs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

10ml 18mg 100% VG nicotine shot want to make a 6mg juice a 12mg.

What's the correct amount of the shot to add to the juice. 40ml 6mg juice : 10ml 18mg nicotine??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Has anyone tried driphacks one shot line?

https://driphacks.com/

Advertisement