Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

10ml 18mg 100% VG nicotine shot want to make a 6mg juice a 12mg.

What's the correct amount of the shot to add to the juice. 40ml 6mg juice : 10ml 18mg nicotine??

You want to bump up a 40ml/6mg bottle to 12mg with those Nic Shots/Booster 10ml Nic bottles...

The first thing is these shots of Nic you buy now is a hell of a lot weaker than we use to buy before these new regs came in...

This calculator should do it for you http://www.leisureliquids.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Ok,you say the base Nic is 18mg,put 18 in the top line...

The next line "Final Nicotine Strength" put 6...

Next line is "Flavouring" put a 0 (zero)...

Next line is "Final Quantity" put in 40...

The last 2 on the list,don't touch...

Now hit the submit button & the results will be below...

If your Base Nic was 18mg,you need 13.3ml of Nic to add to the 40ml/6mg = 40ml/12mg...

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

You want to bump up a 40ml/6mg bottle to 12mg with those Nic Shots/Booster 10ml Nic bottles...

The first thing is these shots of Nic you buy now is a hell of a lot weaker than we use to buy before these new regs came in...

This calculator should do it for you http://www.leisureliquids.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Ok,you say the base Nic is 18mg,put 18 in the top line...

The next line "Final Nicotine Strength" put 6...

Next line is "Flavouring" put a 0 (zero)...

Next line is "Final Quantity" put in 40...

Now hit the submit button & the results will be below...

If your Base Nic was 18mg,you need 13.3ml of Nic to add to the 40ml/6mg = 40ml/12mg...

Hope this helps...

So it'll be about a 10mg that will do the job! Thanks. :)

So it'll be about a 10mg that will do the job! Thanks. :)

I presume you mean 10ml :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I presume you mean 10ml :D:D

10mg nic juice from 6mg. Its tasting grand anyway lot stronger than previous not vaping as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pillphil

Can you still get 7.2% Nicotine from everythingliquid? It's listed on their site, do you have to be a "business" or anything like darkstar?

• Advertisement

pillphil wrote: »
    Can you still get 7.2% Nicotine from everythingliquid? It's listed on their site, do you have to be a "business" or anything like darkstar?

As far as I know,when they say "Business" do they mean a business that uses nicotine for their products,like a pesticide company uses nicotine & a whole lot more other product companies use & they would state "not for human consumption"

I have heard that there is some UK vendors getting 7.2% nic from the USA,you can still buy that nic from a vendor in the USA but the shipping maybe expensive.

AddressPal of AnPost is now supplying us with an address in Jersey USA now,it might be cheaper going that route.

Hope this helps a bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Where can i get proper distilled water in Ireland? is there somewhere online to buy it? other posts just say the chemist will have it but will they have very large quantity's like a gallon?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pillphil

Halfords do de-ionised water, not sure if that's pure enough for you?

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-battery-chargers/halfords-battery-top-up-water-5l

This place have distilled water on their site. I don't know anything about the company.

https://morrisdental.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1257

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Video wrote: »
    Where can i get proper distilled water in Ireland? is there somewhere online to buy it? other posts just say the chemist will have it but will they have very large quantity's like a gallon?

I don't know about online but we ( the company I worked for ) used to buy it in the Chemists here in Limerick and we used to buy 4 gallons every few months, they always had it in stock .

jonski wrote: »
    Video wrote: »

I don't know about online but we ( the company I worked for ) used to buy it in the Chemists here in Limerick and we used to buy 4 gallons every few months, they always had it in stock .
    any idea which chemist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Video wrote:
    any idea which chemist?

Widdess Pharmacy .

Video wrote:
    any idea which chemist?

Widdess Pharmacy .
    Thanks, ill be heading into limerick at some stage so i'll check it out!

Video wrote:
    any idea which chemist?

Widdess Pharmacy .
    Thanks, ill be heading into limerick at some stage so i'll check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Hiya guys,

I'm just wondering does anyone know what kind of menthol liquid is used in the ecigaretteworld or hangsen variety and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction where to get it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

j_mo wrote:
    I'm just wondering does anyone know what kind of menthol liquid is used in the ecigaretteworld or hangsen variety and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction where to get it? Thanks.

Esmokeireland have one called Extreme Menthol, strong I believe, haven't used it myself. If your mixing I'd recommend Flavourart Menthol mixed at 3 per cent, very good Menthol flavour.

Esmokeireland have one called Extreme Menthol, strong I believe, haven't used it myself. If your mixing I'd recommend Flavourart Menthol mixed at 3 per cent, very good Menthol flavour.

Hi Dr Bill, thanks for the response. I'm very new to this so could you please give me a rough breakdown of what's needed? I've got pg mix and vg mix. Thanks 😊

j_mo wrote:
    Hi Dr Bill, thanks for the response. I'm very new to this so could you please give me a rough breakdown of what's needed? I've got pg mix and vg mix. Thanks 😊

Ok tell me what mix you prefer, 70/30, 60/40 etc and what your nicotine preference is. I can't post a link to a calculator as I'm on the mobile site but I'll work out the details for you.

j_mo wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

I'm not keen on menthol or hangsen but here is a few sites....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/22-e-liquid

http://www.bargainvapour.com/E-Liquids/cat1274300_1157998.aspx

https://www.ivape.ie/e-liquid-lounge/?filtering=1&filter_flavour_type=menthol

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

now that we are down to 10ml bottles can anyone advise the best value nicotine concetrates for mixing?

Ok tell me what mix you prefer, 70/30, 60/40 etc and what your nicotine preference is. I can't post a link to a calculator as I'm on the mobile site but I'll work out the details for you.

Thanks Dr Bill, I would always go for 70/30 pg/vg mix in 18mg strength. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Menoetius wrote:
    now that we are down to 10ml bottles can anyone advise the best value nicotine concetrates for mixing?

Not 100% on your question but the only worthwhile nicotine you will be able to buy now is 10ml bottleshots at 18mg..

j_mo wrote:
    Thanks Dr Bill, I would always go for 70/30 pg/vg mix in 18mg strength. Thanks.

70 PG🀀 Assuming you have 72per cent nic at 50/50 vg/pg it would be 25ml nic, 54.5ml PG, 17.5ml VG and 3ml concentrate.
    That's for a total of 100ml.

curious is anyone familiar with the witchcraft line of e liquids? i'm vaping strawberry milkshake right now and i really really want to clone this, does anyone know which flavor they used for the ice cream, i'm a pepper taster and i've tried the TPA VBIC version and it's too overpowering but this witchcraft e liquid has a perfect ice-cream flavor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Hey guys, total newb to all this. I've been browsing Picknmix and came across their premixed bases. 70/30 is my preferred ratio, and I can get 500ml of it at a time, then just add my nic/flavour.

I'm confused how this works though, as most calculators want VG/PG to be entered seperately. How do I figure out how much flavour and nic to add to a premixed base?

Also, are there any other Irish vendors strictly for DIY or with a good selection?

Hey guys, total newb to all this. I've been browsing Picknmix and came across their premixed bases. 70/30 is my preferred ratio, and I can get 500ml of it at a time, then just add my nic/flavour.

I'm confused how this works though, as most calculators want VG/PG to be entered seperately. How do I figure out how much flavour and nic to add to a premixed base?

Also, are there any other Irish vendors strictly for DIY or with a good selection?

This calculator should do it for you... http://www.leisureliquids.com/eliquid-calculator

The base Nic in the top line,put in 20...this is the strength of the nic now,it use to be 72 which was a lot stronger before these new EU Rules arrived...

The next line "Final Nicotine Strength" put 3,6,9,12 etc etc...whatever you prefer...

Next line is "Flavouring" put a 10 or 15 These are %,I tend to use 15%...

Next line is "Final Quantity" put the amount of liquid you wish to mix..

Now hit the submit button & the results will be shown below...The results for the pre-mixed base will be there as well...

Here is a site we all use,a lot cheaper than the Irish sites,we use Parcel Motel or DPD Wizard for delivering,under 4euro...

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/nicotine-shots

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Anyone still doing their own full recipes?

I threw together a couple other day that have turned out nicely: A blueberry/blackcurrant greek yogurt and a berry crunch and banana cereal. Simple enough profiles. Both are ADV worthy

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1752544/Cheeky%20Greek

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1752509/Up%20an%27at%27em

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Type 901

Question if anyone can help!

Have a good amount (200ml) of 3mg liquid that I'm looking to increase strength to 6 or 12mg.

But as the only nic available now is the 18mg 10ml shots assume this is impossible? That the amount of shots needed will just dilute the flavour of the liquid too much?

Type 901 wrote: »
    Question if anyone can help!

Have a good amount (200ml) of 3mg liquid that I'm looking to increase strength to 6 or 12mg.

But as the only nic available now is the 18mg 10ml shots assume this is impossible? That the amount of shots needed will just dilute the flavour of the liquid too much?

Simplest way to do it is break it down into 50ml bottles, 42ml of juice and 8ml of 18% nic should give you 50ml at 6%nic content.

EDIT: To increase it to 12mg you'll need 25ml juice and 25ml 18%nic, your flavour will be severely adjusted at this level of nic addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Type 901

Simplest way to do it is break it down into 50ml bottles, 42ml of juice and 8ml of 18% nic should give you 50ml at 6%nic content.

EDIT: To increase it to 12mg you'll need 25ml juice and 25ml 18%nic, your flavour will be severely adjusted at this level of nic addition.

Thanks for that!

Is there any useful calculators for working out ratios like this or just easier to do the math?

• Advertisement

Type 901 wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

Is there any useful calculators for working out ratios like this or just easier to do the math?

That one is pretty straightforward.
    http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Advertisement