Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

c
    Anyone still doing their own full recipes?

I threw together a couple other day that have turned out nicely: A blueberry/blackcurrant greek yogurt and a berry crunch and banana cereal. Simple enough profiles. Both are ADV worthy

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1752544/Cheeky%20Greek

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1752509/Up%20an%27at%27em
    I've gone so bad I haven't made a new mix in probably 4 months. I've been on my 4 ADVs but definitely going to make that second one. Is there meant to be banana in it?

I need another ADV that's similar to my others.... but different!

edit: didn't see the banana cream there. Might have to do up a bootleg version with LA banana cream. That stuff is seriously good. Nice to see you're still hard at it cagey

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

chipfox wrote: »
    Hey all, new user here. Nice to see a big Irish vaping community!

Anybody else make their own juices? Been at it about 6 weeks and saving so much money.

I've only tried out The Flavour Apprentice and Capella so far but I'm happy with most of the concentrates.

I figured I'd make a megathread to help everybody vape cheaper and try offer my experiences!

I've been buying VG and PG from Irish vendors (that I found on here) but the postage seems to be the big killer. Any good brick and mortar places that sell vape-grade stuff?

It's made how much you can save at the end of the day. Since I got my Kangertech Subox Mini I've been using the RBA they include to make my own coils and I love it. Every little helps

Hiya Chipfox.I know you have opened up this forum two years ago.But just want to say a big thank You.Bit tired of all the UK dominated diy vape forums so its good to speak with so many Irish peeps.Been doing diy vape bout four months now and to be honest there s a lot in it.The brands,flavours,ratios etc.I have made a few nice vapes but nothing amazing.I love the premium store bought juices like pacha mama and hale Heisenberg.I would love to be able to build my own coils.I have the joyetech aio box and the smoke 22 pen as I'm only a lightweight on the dole,(hopefully this will change soon)I currently have 25 flav art flavs and 10 TPA flavs but find it hard to get recipes fully covered by the flavours I have.I am currently testing each one seperatley but don't know if this ratio will work with other flavours.Sorry for ranting,I am addicted to finding new info from people like urself.Anyway thanks again for ur input and is ur device any good as I may purchase one at a later stage just trying to keep it cheap for now.Cheers.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Long time DIY'er here. Their used to be a recipe thread iirc lost to the vaults by now I suppose.
    Their were no Irish suppliers when I started, had to order from Inawera in Poland. Still a bargain id you order in bulk.
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/
    You can get VG in boots for about a fiver for 100ml but if your getting PG and a few flavors it's not worth it.

Great to hear from a long time diyer.Have the new vaping regulations crippled you're experience.

I mess around with my own recipes mostly, nobody knows what I like better than me. Very time consuming though.

I think I'll have to stick with getting my VG/PG online. I'm always buying new concentrates and getting good deals from places listed here, probably handier to just do bundle orders, especially with the new regs on the nicotine concentrations.

Do you still diy and if you do does the new regulations effect it?

No worries lads, thanks for the welcome. I did dig back about 10 pages and didn't notice any DIY stuff so I thought i'd give this one a go.

I really feel like everybody needs to make their own juice. I know it might seem like a bit of a pain in the arse at first, and it can be at times but it's so cheap and you get what you want consistently. Steeping and breathing can be a pain and honestly sometimes I just can't wait.

I always bought healthierchoice brand and I think they have some fantastic flavours, but they leave them in the window and some are clear, some are almost brown, some have virtually no taste and others are generally hit and miss. I'm not bad mouthing them, I would love to clone some of their flavours but their quality control isn't there despite what they say.

I just about had it when I bought my last pack of Aspire BVC coils for my old penvape. No matter how many times I bought them only 2-3 out of the 5 pack would work. Brought it up with the managers many times and they did not give a crap, told me I was wrong.

Bought myself 25m of wire for a fiver and a big bag of organic cotton months back for cheaper than the price of 5 Aspire coils. Once you go DIY you will never go back.

Never tried Inawera yet but I have seem the name around and will give them a go. Just bought a few 30ml bottles from chefsvapour.co.uk there so I'm probably good for concentrates for a month or two. It's pretty addictive making juices though

Is it difficult to make ur own coils.

• Advertisement

8mm wrote: »
    After a huge amount of research I decided to mostly use FavourArt concentrates and get them direct from Italy. Lovely flavours and very natural tasting fruits and creams. Get a load ordered together and post is cheap - it's nice having the flavours to play with.

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/

Also use The Flavor Apprentice concentrates to fill in the gaps and they are another quality producer. I get them from a Irish vendor.

http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

For nicotine and pg/vg I get bulk from the UK. Great quality and prices, send via Parcel Motel (around 4 euro) and use free shipping for quite weighty products nice!

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/

Those 3 links are worth a lot of research time - hope it helps someone out.

Where do you find flavourart recipes or recipes you like in general from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

eireboi83 wrote:
    Where do you find flavourart recipes or recipes you like in general from

E-Liquid-recipes.com

Create an account, then add all the flavour concentrates you own and it'll tell you what you can make. You can also browse other recipes or search for recipes containing a certain flavour etc. Not many would have only flavourart - but it's quite a strong concentrate so You could find a recipe that uses the same flavour from another brand and substitute it for a flavourart version at a lower percentage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Anyone still doing their own full recipes?

Hey cagey,glad to see your still flying the flag
    Here's 2 simple mixes, concentrate is Flavourart.
    Both are very tasty and each will benefit from a 3/4 day steep.

IRISH Lass
    Irish cream 2%
    Vienna cream1%
    Vanilla bourbon 1%

Lemon Cookie Delight
    Cookie 3%
    Lemon Sicily 4%
    Vienna Cream 1%
    Joy 1%

Phill_M wrote: »
    E-Liquid-recipes.com

Create an account, then add all the flavour concentrates you own and it'll tell you what you can make. You can also browse other recipes or search for recipes containing a certain flavour etc. Not many would have only flavourart - but it's quite a strong concentrate so You could find a recipe that uses the same flavour from another brand and substitute it for a flavourart version at a lower percentage.
    Yeah I use that but haven't really got the hang of it yet.So would you just recommend I get all the flavours of a particular recipe and go from there?

hey eireboi83. i haven't posted here in months but figured i'd drop back in to see the regulars.

i'd say most of my mixes are straight rip offs from e-liquid-recipes. i'd say make an account on ELR, add all the flavours you already have to the site and they give you an option to see if they match up with other people's recipes. chances are you'll never have every flavour in a recipe but it really doesn't matter. i always just substituted with something else or bumped up the flavours i had. it's handy to know what flavours go with what

i haven't paid for a coil in years. it was a bit of a learning curve but i bought a coil jig from china for like 3 euro to make all different sized coils and it makes it very easy. i've gone months with the same coil. just whip the cotton out, fire it up to get the gunk off and add new cotton. better than paying a few euro a pop and i'm a serious cheap ass so i had the right motivation

i can't really speak for premium juices i would never pay those prices for anything. i started off on the cheapo juices until i made my own so i never actually had premium juice before. i can whip up a 100ml bottle for close to euro so i will NEVER buy a juice.

the regulations make no difference to me, i have 8 litres of nicotine in a freezer from before the laws came in. i only buy concentrates 100ml at a time now maybe once every few months from chefsflavours.co.uk. think the last time i spent money on anything vape related (other than yesterday for a new tank) was january.

DIY is so much cheaper in the long run. a spool of 30m stainless steel coil is like a euro. i'm still using the same one i bought over a year ago. got a massive bag of cotton for 7 euros around the same time and still have 2/3rd of the bag left...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hey cagey,glad to see your still flying the flag
    Here's 2 simple mixes, concentrate is Flavourart.
    Both are very tasty and each will benefit from a 3/4 day steep.

IRISH Lass
    Irish cream 2%
    Vienna cream1%
    Vanilla bourbon 1%

Lemon Cookie Delight
    Cookie 3%
    Lemon Sicily 4%
    Vienna Cream 1%
    Joy 1%

They sound quite nice, the first is something I'd love to try around Christmas with a brandy :cool: the second something similar-ish to a lemon cake mix I made a little while back

Next time I'm doing an order for FA concentrates I'll grab some vanilla bourbon, Irish cream and the lemon cookie delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/product-category/nicotine/pg-based-nicotine/

EL are still selling the large bottles of liquid nicotine, along with a few other sites I found eg.
    http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/PG_52mg_E-liquid_nicotine__base_250ml/p649230_2823172.aspx

Does anyone know if these will be shipped and delivered?

Any experience with the second site?

hey eireboi83. i haven't posted here in months but figured i'd drop back in to see the regulars.

i'd say most of my mixes are straight rip offs from e-liquid-recipes. i'd say make an account on ELR, add all the flavours you already have to the site and they give you an option to see if they match up with other people's recipes. chances are you'll never have every flavour in a recipe but it really doesn't matter. i always just substituted with something else or bumped up the flavours i had. it's handy to know what flavours go with what

i haven't paid for a coil in years. it was a bit of a learning curve but i bought a coil jig from china for like 3 euro to make all different sized coils and it makes it very easy. i've gone months with the same coil. just whip the cotton out, fire it up to get the gunk off and add new cotton. better than paying a few euro a pop and i'm a serious cheap ass so i had the right motivation

i can't really speak for premium juices i would never pay those prices for anything. i started off on the cheapo juices until i made my own so i never actually had premium juice before. i can whip up a 100ml bottle for close to euro so i will NEVER buy a juice.

the regulations make no difference to me, i have 8 litres of nicotine in a freezer from before the laws came in. i only buy concentrates 100ml at a time now maybe once every few months from chefsflavours.co.uk. think the last time i spent money on anything vape related (other than yesterday for a new tank) was january.

DIY is so much cheaper in the long run. a spool of 30m stainless steel coil is like a euro. i'm still using the same one i bought over a year ago. got a massive bag of cotton for 7 euros around the same time and still have 2/3rd of the bag left...

Thanks so much for the great info and for encouraging me to think outside the box.Only question is would replacing the cotton and burning of the gunk if that is even possible on my aios would let it feel like a brand new coil do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the great info and for encouraging me to think outside the box.Only question is would replacing the cotton and burning of the gunk if that is even possible on my aios would let it feel like a brand new coil do you think?

AIO coils are meant to be disposable.
    You can only do what he's talking about if you make your own coils or vaporesso has ccell coils that are meant to self clean but I haven't had much luck with that feature myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

Recently discovered 0 nic mixes while in Portugal, absolutely love Fornostar (wild berries type flavor) but cannot find it anywhere here :(

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

What's the simplest way to mix your own without it getting too complicated but saving a few bob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

What's the simplest way to mix your own without it getting too complicated but saving a few bob?

What VG/PG ratio do you need & what strength of Nicotine do you require...

What VG/PG ratio do you need & what strength of Nicotine do you require...

Hi

80 /20 VG/Pg, 12mg

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi

80 /20 VG/Pg, 12mg

Thanks

I presume that you don't have a stash of Nic at home...

I presume that you don't have a stash of Nic at home...

No ,nothing

• Advertisement

buy 7.2% nicotine if you can

buy vegetable glycerin

buy propylene glycol

put the numbers you have and numbers you want into this calculator: http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

congratulations, you can now make ejuice for practically nothing. flavours optional but recommended.

seems like darkstarvapours still sell 7.2% nic (they sell everything else you need too)

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/one-shot-concentrates/one-shot-banana-man

What's the vg/ pg of these flavours ?

Wouldn't.you.need.to know for getting the mix right?

What's the vg/ pg of these flavours ?

The vast majority of concentrate is PG based, VG based concentrate is hard to find and is clearly indicated on the bottle if you happen to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

buy 7.2% nicotine if you can

buy vegetable glycerin

buy propylene glycol

put the numbers you have and numbers you want into this calculator: http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

congratulations, you can now make ejuice for practically nothing. flavours optional but recommended.

seems like darkstarvapours still sell 7.2% nic (they sell everything else you need too)

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk

Think darkstar only sell 7.2 to businesses. everything liquid still sell it to customers though.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    http://everythingliquid.co.uk/product-category/nicotine/pg-based-nicotine/

EL are still selling the large bottles of liquid nicotine, along with a few other sites I found eg.
    http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/PG_52mg_E-liquid_nicotine__base_250ml/p649230_2823172.aspx

Does anyone know if these will be shipped and delivered?

Any experience with the second site?

Everything liquid will ship it.

pillphil wrote: »
    Everything liquid will ship it.

Here or UK only?

Here or UK only?

Here too. I ordered from them end of July.

pillphil wrote:
    Here too. I ordered from them end of July.

That's interesting,did you get it shipped directly to your home or via Addresspal,Parcel Motel or one of them.

That's interesting,did you get it shipped directly to your home or via Addresspal,Parcel Motel or one of them.

Oops, good point. It was parcel motel. So maybe not directly here. :o

I tend to use them for anything from the UK as I'm never at home to accept parcels.

• Advertisement

pillphil wrote:
    Oops, good point. It was parcel motel. So maybe not directly here.

It's something I've been meaning to try for a while now as Darkstar are only supplying to business customers so this might solve a problem. Cheers for that.

Advertisement