Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Selling a few concentrates over on the For Sale/Swap/Bargain Alerts thread if anyone on her is interested. Open to offers so shout if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

kingtiger wrote: »
    fantastic, 500ml 72% order dispatched from nicotineuk

That me sorted for a long time to come, up yours TPD

My bottle came today! Savage.

On that website - any idea what the difference is between UK Nicotine and EU Nicotine? Besides the EU stuff being half the price like... I just got 100ml of the cheaper EU stuff as a first test-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Came across this while browsing the net,is there any value or is it snake oil as hopefully going to be setting up my first batch soon..

ETHYL MALTOL 10% PG solution
    ETHYL MALTOL 10% PG solution. This ingredient is used to strengthen the taste of your e-liquid. Especially recommended for fruit aromas. Start with adding 1 drop per 5 ml of your e-liquid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

damon5 wrote: »
    Came across this while browsing the net,is there any value or is it snake oil as hopefully going to be setting up my first batch soon..

ETHYL MALTOL 10% PG solution
    ETHYL MALTOL 10% PG solution. This ingredient is used to strengthen the taste of your e-liquid. Especially recommended for fruit aromas. Start with adding 1 drop per 5 ml of your e-liquid.

I’ve been using it in the Isle of Custard concentrate for a while as it’s recommended, it’s a sweetner and tbh I think it does nothing to a juice, I’ve tried it with and without and it tastes the same.

I’ve been using it in the Isle of Custard concentrate for a while as it’s recommended, it’s a sweetner and tbh I think it does nothing to a juice, I’ve tried it with and without and it tastes the same.

Appreciate that,cheers ...

• Advertisement

Am in the process of ordering some concentrates from inaweraflavours.com and trying to figure something out,as an example it states Tobacco e-flavour.10 ml bottle with dropper.Add 3% ....when i click on the part that says more details to get more information it wont load so left in the dark as to what there exactly refering to when they say add 3%cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Steve666 wrote: »
    My bottle came today! Savage.

On that website - any idea what the difference is between UK Nicotine and EU Nicotine? Besides the EU stuff being half the price like... I just got 100ml of the cheaper EU stuff as a first test-order.

No idea about the difference, but found this

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Nicotine-UK-explination.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwja5YSn1a3XAhWBoRoKHQS4AbEQFghgMAc&usg=AOvVaw3uvEp3b-VCIu0g8NOOiQtS

So it looks like thealchemistscupboard.co.uk are using a sister site setup to skirt the TPD regs

kingtiger wrote: »

Thats a really good bit of info to know,cheers for that but i need to figure out how the 3% comes into play....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Am in the process of ordering some concentrates from inaweraflavours.com and trying to figure something out,as an example it states Tobacco e-flavour.10 ml bottle with dropper.Add 3% ....when i click on the part that says more details to get more information it wont load so left in the dark as to what there exactly refering to when they say add 3%cheers..

I have never used Inawera concentrates before but I have heard that their flavouring is very strong.

Tip....% means ml approx...

3% means the strength of the flavouring total for a 100ml mix,if you only want to mix 10ml,then you use a tenth of the 3% which is 0.30%,I made up a quick recipe to show you,I used one of Inawera flavours...

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1980611/Tobacco+2

This is the calculator,put in your flavour & 3% you can alter the recipe to what ever you like...

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Some things don't need changing,if it's got a zero or blank,just leave it as it is...

I have never used Inawera concentrates before but I have heard that their flavouring is very strong.

Tip....% means ml approx...

3% means the strength of the flavouring total for a 100ml mix,if you only want to mix 10ml,then you use a tenth of the 3% which is 0.30%,I made up a quick recipe to show you,I used one of Inawera flavours...

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1980611/Tobacco+2

This is the calculator,put in your flavour & 3% you can alter the recipe to what ever you like...

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Some things don't need changing,if it's got a zero or blank,just leave it as it is...

Thanks,thats a handy calculator alright,i cant see the quick recipe when i click on the first link,bottles and caps ordered yesterday and still waiting on the nic.It went AWOL for a few days but supposed to be back on track for collection soon,all thats left then will be the concentrate :)

• Advertisement

Thanks,thats a handy calculator alright,i cant see the quick recipe when i click on the first link,bottles and caps ordered yesterday and still waiting on the nic.It went AWOL for a few days but supposed to be back on track for collection soon,all thats left then will be the concentrate :)

Maybe you need to be signed in to see it or it's because I saved it as private...

I've copied n pasted that link,it hasn't showed everything but it will give you an idea...

Tobacco 2
    Gravatar - by youdipstick today, at 09:13

IngredientmlDrops%
    Nicotine juice 72 mg (100% PG)8.331678.33
    PG dilutant8.671748.67
    VG dilutant80.00160080.00
    Total base97194197
    555 Gold (INAWERA)3.00603.00
    Totals1002001100

Strength: 6 mg
    PG/VG-ratio: 20/80
    Flavor total: 3 ml / 3g (3%)
    Drops per ml: 20
    Price: 0.00
    You are missing ingredients

This recipe is private!

Maybe you need to be signed in to see it or it's because I saved it as private...

I've copied n pasted that link,it hasn't showed everything but it will give you an idea...

Tobacco 2
    Gravatar - by youdipstick today, at 09:13

IngredientmlDrops%
    Nicotine juice 72 mg (100% PG)8.331678.33
    PG dilutant8.671748.67
    VG dilutant80.00160080.00
    Total base97194197
    555 Gold (INAWERA)3.00603.00
    Totals1002001100

Strength: 6 mg
    PG/VG-ratio: 20/80
    Flavor total: 3 ml / 3g (3%)
    Drops per ml: 20
    Price: 0.00
    You are missing ingredients

This recipe is private!

Would the amount of drops equaling a ml vary because of the different viscosity that you get between juices ,eg, if you had a higher percentage of PG more runnier and a higher percentage of VG more thicker,denser..

Was wondering when you make up a batch of juice how do you clean,wash out your syringes, utensils etc to use again ....

Was wondering when you make up a batch of juice how do you clean,wash out your syringes, utensils etc to use again ....

All drops will be different & not very accurate,I wouldn't bother with them.

When I used syringes,I just filled a basin with hot(not boiling)water & some Fairy & through them in there for a 10 mins soak & then rinse them under a running tap,I left them aside to dry themselves for a few days.

I never use syringes now,I do everything by weight,no mess & no cleaning up & alot easier to mix.

All drops will be different & not very accurate,I wouldn't bother with them.

When I used syringes,I just filled a basin with hot(not boiling)water & some Fairy & through them in there for a 10 mins soak & then rinse them under a running tap,I left them aside to dry themselves for a few days.

I never use syringes now,I do everything by weight,no mess & no cleaning up & alot easier to mix.

By weight seems to be the best way to go alright,hopefully be mixing soon .....

Well eventually got hands on my nic that went AWOL,have a couple of questions if anyone can help out,im sure there is :D Ok i will be splitting up the 500ml into 50ml brown glass bottles to store in the freezer,on a side note on the bottle it gave when the batch was made and the expiry date is a year from then in 2018 :eek:
    When i,m mixing my VG,PG,Nic base what do you use to mix it with?
    Does a more viscose juice take longer to steep ?
    If so how long does the steeping take ?
    Can i make up a mix and for any reason can vape it straight away ?
    When steeping in say a dark wardrobe is half unscrewing the bottle cap enough or do i need to take the caps off all together and give them a little shakup to absorb more air every couple of days.

Well eventually got hands on my nic that went AWOL,have a couple of questions if anyone can help out,im sure there is :D Ok i will be splitting up the 500ml into 50ml brown glass bottles to store in the freezer,on a side note on the bottle it gave when the batch was made and the expiry date is a year from then in 2018 :eek:
    When i,m mixing my VG,PG,Nic base what do you use to mix it with?
    Does a more viscose juice take longer to steep ?
    If so how long does the steeping take ?
    Can i make up a mix and for any reason can vape it straight away ?
    When steeping in say a dark wardrobe is half unscrewing the bottle cap enough or do i need to take the caps off all together and give them a little shakup to absorb more air every couple of days.

Don't worry about the expiry day,the Nic should be good for at least 5 years in the freezer,all my nic is out of date now but still fresh in the freezer,I used some 4 year old nic the other day & it still gave me the same strength as a fresh one.

All mixes can be vaped straight away & if the taste is not good to your liking,let it steep for a few days,creams & custards need more steeping(weeks)fruits & tobacco's can normally be vaped straight away,if mixing a whole bunch of fruits together may take a bit of steeping.
    I don't bother leaving caps unscrewed,sometimes after mixing & I need liquid fast,I bathe a bottle of freshly mixed liquid in some hot water for 30mins,this starts the processing of the PG/VG/Nic quicker.
    I was using a battery operated whisk to mix mine until I got fed up changing batteries,so I bought an electric hand mixer for a tenner which had 2 whiskers on it,I just pulled one off & used the single one for mixing,I made sure I had a beaker with a wide enough hole for it to fit into,I saw a single electric hand mixer in Tesco's the other day for €9.99,ideal for mixing.

After mixing,I throw the plastic bottles or glass jars into a dark cupboard or drawer for 3 days,then I change the air inside the container & give it another good whisk or shake & seal it again,then every week I do the same.
    If using plastic bottles with caps,leave caps on & squeeze the bottle to get rid of the old air & it will be replaced with fresh air & then do what I said above.
    I using glass bottles,just take off the top & put it back on & shake it for a minute,I just do it weekly.

We all have our own way of mixing & steeping,my way works for me....

Good luck on your first...

Don't worry about the expiry day,the Nic should be good for at least 5 years in the freezer,all my nic is out of date now but still fresh in the freezer,I used some 4 year old nic the other day & it still gave me the same strength as a fresh one.

All mixes can be vaped straight away & if the taste is not good to your liking,let it steep for a few days,creams & custards need more steeping(weeks)fruits & tobacco's can normally be vaped straight away,if mixing a whole bunch of fruits together may take a bit of steeping.
    I don't bother leaving caps unscrewed,sometimes after mixing & I need liquid fast,I bathe a bottle of freshly mixed liquid in some hot water for 30mins,this starts the processing of the PG/VG/Nic quicker.
    I was using a battery operated whisk to mix mine until I got fed up changing batteries,so I bought an electric hand mixer for a tenner which had 2 whiskers on it,I just pulled one off & used the single one for mixing,I made sure I had a beaker with a wide enough hole for it to fit into,I saw a single electric hand mixer in Tesco's the other day for €9.99,ideal for mixing.

After mixing,I throw the plastic bottles or glass jars into a dark cupboard or drawer for 3 days,then I change the air inside the container & give it another good whisk or shake & seal it again,then every week I do the same.
    If using plastic bottles with caps,leave caps on & squeeze the bottle to get rid of the old air & it will be replaced with fresh air & then do what I said above.
    I using glass bottles,just take off the top & put it back on & shake it for a minute,I just do it weekly.

We all have our own way of mixing & steeping,my way works for me....

Good luck on your first...

That info was a great help thanks,meant to ask a question regarding the nic as in should i give the nic bottle a bit of a shake up before i fill the 50ml bottles i,m still waiting on,i think i will .....

That info was a great help thanks,meant to ask a question regarding the nic as in should i give the nic bottle a bit of a shake up before i fill the 50ml bottles i,m still waiting on,i think i will .....

Good question,I did,not sure whether it needs a shake or not,you'd be better off giving it a shake or it might bring on nightmares:D:D:D

Good question,I did,not sure whether it needs a shake or not,you'd be better off giving it a shake or it might bring on nightmares:D:D:D
    Yep most probably would knowing my luck LOL

• Advertisement

Picked up one of those electric mixers today from Argos for 7 euro which will do grand,regarding the speed would around the low to medium speed be ok.I have a digital kitchen scales but i dont think it would do because its used to weigh heavier amounts and wouldnt be accurate enough,seeing as though i,ll be dealing with less than a 100 grams and even 12 or lower mls is there anything on the market that i could buy that would be smaller and pretty accurate with this in mind,cheers..

p.s was thinking that i would have to invest in something like this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/6-in-1-Coil-Master-DIY-V2-Tool-Kit-Coil-Jig-ohm-Meter-Ceramic-Tweezer-Box-UK/262660426889?hash=item3d27c80c89:g:n9cAAOSwCcZaA7xJ so if anyone knows of a usa site that they are familiar buying from or
    getting goods at a good price that has
    this or something like this along with an Authentic Digiflavor Siren 2 V2 MTL preferably a 4ml tank at a good price that i could get my sister to purchace over there and bring it over here in the spring would be great,cheers.

Picked up one of those electric mixers today from Argos for 7 euro which will do grand,regarding the speed would around the low to medium speed be ok.I have a digital kitchen scales but i dont think it would do because its used to weigh heavier amounts and wouldnt be accurate enough,seeing as though i,ll be dealing with less than a 100 grams and even 12 or lower mls is there anything on the market that i could buy that would be smaller and pretty accurate with this in mind,cheers..

p.s was thinking that i would have to invest in something like this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/6-in-1-Coil-Master-DIY-V2-Tool-Kit-Coil-Jig-ohm-Meter-Ceramic-Tweezer-Box-UK/262660426889?hash=item3d27c80c89:g:n9cAAOSwCcZaA7xJ so if anyone knows of a usa site that they are familiar buying from or
    getting goods at a good price that has
    this or something like this along with an Authentic Digiflavor Siren 2 V2 MTL preferably a 4ml tank at a good price that i could get my sister to purchace over there and bring it over here in the spring would be great,cheers.

Good idea with the that kit,it's got everything you need for building coils,however,I would pay the extra 3 quid & get the V3 Coil Master Kit https://www.ebay.ie/itm/100-GENUINE-Coil-Master-V3-DIY-KIT-SET-Coil-Ceramic-Tweezer-Jig-ohm-Meter/282562805928?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
    because it has the 521 mini tab & the V4 coil winder.
    The V2 that you linked only has an Ohm Meter & that's all it can do(just reads coil ohms)
    The 521 will read coils & also fire up your coil to settle them in,gets the coils heating up evenly & glowing from the inside to out.Here is a video showing you how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPurm1Ir7c&t=9s

I never bought a kit like that before because they weren't about when I was making coils,but I did buy the V4 coiling kit & it works brilliantly,depending on different coil decks,we need to wind our coils clockwise & sometimes anticlockwise to fit properly on a deck.

Hard to beat (excuse the pun...LOL) those electric mixers,just make sure the opening in the mixing jar or beaker is wide enough to take it.If the mixing jar is big enough I would go at it at full speed,if it spits out just drop the speed down.

These scales are perfect https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Electronic-Pocket-Mini-Digital-Jewellery-Weighing-Scale-0-01g-Weight-100-Gram-UK/192213165245?hash=item2cc0cc24bd:g:A7cAAOSwFJBZPsFx
    Remember me saying that % = ml,it also = grams now that you are weighing,for instance... % = ml = g.

I can't think of anything your Sis could bring at the moment,a couple of steaks would be nice :D:D

Good idea with the that kit,it's got everything you need for building coils,however,I would pay the extra 3 quid & get the V3 Coil Master Kit https://www.ebay.ie/itm/100-GENUINE-Coil-Master-V3-DIY-KIT-SET-Coil-Ceramic-Tweezer-Jig-ohm-Meter/282562805928?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
    because it has the 521 mini tab & the V4 coil winder.
    The V2 that you linked only has an Ohm Meter & that's all it can do(just reads coil ohms)
    The 521 will read coils & also fire up your coil to settle them in,gets the coils heating up evenly & glowing from the inside to out.Here is a video showing you how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPurm1Ir7c&t=9s

I never bought a kit like that before because they weren't about when I was making coils,but I did buy the V4 coiling kit & it works brilliantly,depending on different coil decks,we need to wind our coils clockwise & sometimes anticlockwise to fit properly on a deck.

Hard to beat (excuse the pun...LOL) those electric mixers,just make sure the opening in the mixing jar or beaker is wide enough to take it.If the mixing jar is big enough I would go at it at full speed,if it spits out just drop the speed down.

These scales are perfect https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Electronic-Pocket-Mini-Digital-Jewellery-Weighing-Scale-0-01g-Weight-100-Gram-UK/192213165245?hash=item2cc0cc24bd:g:A7cAAOSwFJBZPsFx
    Remember me saying that % = ml,it also = grams now that you are weighing,for instance... % = ml = g.

I can't think of anything your Sis could bring at the moment,a couple of steaks would be nice :D:D

Will pay the extra for the kit you mentioned,glad i posted and asked before going off and buying the other one :)
    The whisks on the mixer i bought are only 110mm in length and with the two attatched the width measures 7cms.
    Do you have to calibrate the scales,ive read of some that you can get that come with a certain specific weight to do this....

Will pay the extra for the kit you mentioned,glad i posted and asked before going off and buying the other one :)
    The whisks on the mixer i bought are only 110mm in length and with the two attatched the width measures 7cms.
    Do you have to calibrate the scales,ive read of some that you can get that come with a certain specific weight to do this....

No,don't calibrate,I did & fukced it up but lucky for me I had weights to set it correctly again.

No,don't calibrate,I did & fukced it up but lucky for me I had weights to set it correctly again.

Phew glad you told me that,so you can check your scales every now and again with weights that you know the exact weight of to make sure your scales stay accurate. Did you buy the weights separately or did they come with the scales....

Phew glad you told me that,so you can check your scales every now and again with weights that you know the exact weight of to make sure your scales stay accurate. Did you buy the weights separately or did they come with the scales....

I can't remember what I used TBH,my digital scales went up to 500g because I mix in bulk,all I had was my kitchen scales & I knew they were accurate,I was going to order weights from ebay to calibrate the scales,I looked at something I was using & the kitchen scales were out of the cupboard & I just weighed this something & it weighed exactly 500g,I couldn't believe my eyes,what a bit of luck & then I was able to calibrate my digital scales & they are still working today,I laugh now at the idea that I was happy as a .....all this to save a fiver:D:D:D

I did look in the food cupboard for something that weighed 500g,like a pkt of 500g spaghetti but I didn't have any left,I'd say that anything close to the max weight would be ok if mixing loads,recipes with numerous concentrates would need to be weighed with accurate scales.

I can't remember what I used TBH,my digital scales went up to 500g because I mix in bulk,all I had was my kitchen scales & I knew they were accurate,I was going to order weights from ebay to calibrate the scales,I looked at something I was using & the kitchen scales were out of the cupboard & I just weighed this something & it weighed exactly 500g,I couldn't believe my eyes,what a bit of luck & then I was able to calibrate my digital scales & they are still working today,I laugh now at the idea that I was happy as a .....all this to save a fiver:D:D:D

I did look in the food cupboard for something that weighed 500g,like a pkt of 500g spaghetti but I didn't have any left,I'd say that anything close to the max weight would be ok if mixing loads,recipes with numerous concentrates would need to be weighed with accurate scales.

Good idea regarding food packages cans etc for grams,a can of hino 500ml,can of coke 330ml etc will do for mls .Will check as you say the result i get from weighing stuff on two weighing scales that they work out the same before using...

Was looking on the IKEA website and came across these battery operated frother so would be ideal when mixing very small testing batches and only 1.25 euro a pop http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/tableware/coffee-tea-makers/produkt-milk-frother-black-art-50301166/

Was looking on the IKEA website and came across these battery operated frother so would be ideal when mixing very small testing batches and only 1.25 euro a pop http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/tableware/coffee-tea-makers/produkt-milk-frother-black-art-50301166/

I have 2 of them & they do the job grand,that is cheap,I paid €8 each,shame I can't get them online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

I have 2 of them & they do the job grand,that is cheap,I paid €8 each,shame I can't get them online...

Might be in ikea soon so will grab a few and post one to you if you like.

Advertisement