Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Might be in ikea soon so will grab a few and post one to you if you like.

I'd appreciate that,would you purchase two if you happen to be in there & I'll paypal you the total cost...thanks for offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

I'd appreciate that,would you purchase two if you happen to be in there & I'll paypal you the total cost...thanks for offering.

Yeah no problem at all. Ill grab a load of them next chance i get and give you a shout.

Yeah no problem at all. Ill grab a load of them next chance i get and give you a shout.

Thanks,that'll be brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Okay looking for some advice before i start mixing the base,i now have my PG,VG and Nic.Collecting my concentrates,containers bottles etc from my Parcel Motel locker tommorrow.
    Was wondering do i and how much do i mix of PG,VG and Nic base at a time,if mixed and left to ferment so to speak does that make for a better tasting batch of juice when i use some later and mix in the concentrate ?
    I saw some glass storage jars with air tight caps,would an airtight cap hinder the process of a fresh batch of VG,PG and Nic maturing if thats the case and also later if an added concentrate mix batch was stored in them too ?

damon5 wrote: »
    Okay looking for some advice before i start mixing the base,i now have my PG,VG and Nic.Collecting my concentrates,containers bottles etc from my Parcel Motel locker tommorrow.
    Was wondering do i and how much do i mix of PG,VG and Nic base at a time,if mixed and left to ferment so to speak does that make for a better tasting batch of juice when i use some later and mix in the concentrate ?
    I saw some glass storage jars with air tight caps,would an airtight cap hinder the process of a fresh batch of VG,PG and Nic maturing if thats the case and also later if an added concentrate mix batch was stored in them too ?

Are you doing a single concentrate mix or a recipe (more than 2 concentrates)
    whichever one you are doing,it is better to do 10ml mixes because it could taste of sh1t or fantastic.
    Mixing small amounts or large,imo,doesn't make a difference in maturity or steeping,don't take my word for it,others may have other ideas.

Reading your 1st question again,are you asking about adding the concentrate after steeping or adding more concentrate later to strengthen the taste.I have never done it either way,I keep to my percentages at the start,I'll vape it or dump it,that's why a small amount to mix is important,sometimes I chance 10ml & most times I mix 30ml.
    I always try them out straight away in a decent RDA,depending what I mix,fruits will taste great & others will taste ok but I do know that extra steeping time will improve the taste,patience is needed...
    To stop yourself going nuts,always mix about 6 or more different batches,I always mix at least a dozen 30ml,doing it this way you will have mixes ready to vape straight away or 2 or 3 days steeping & others will take a month,at least this way you will have something to vape while waiting for others to mature,if there are some that are great in tasting with a short steep,you can then make more at 100ml/200ml of it & know you will love it.That will keep you busy while waiting for the others to reach their steeping time,patience is number one on your first mixes & after that you can experiment on different mixes,like dropping your nic to 3 or 6mg & using sub-ohm tanks at 40w or higher & doing Direct Lung(DL) vaping which is another wonderful experience,I just loved it straight away after a few coughs,the lungs have to get use to it first but what a vape,this will not suit all...

Air tight caps are good,you will still have to give them a shake or whisked every week & open the cap for a minute to replace the air before shaking.I have juices sitting in jars (not air tight) for 2 years & still taste as good.

You are nearly there,great achievement when you get a mix just perfect or near perfect,forget what you did spend at the start & look at the juice you made & say...that 100ml of juice has cost me 2 quid instead of paying 24 or more quid in a shop,that will bring a smile to your face & say that I vape 30ml to 50ml of juice a day & costs me peanuts :D:D:D:D

Good Luck...

Here's a nice little tank to hold your juice in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA5Qd0gR7Eo

• Advertisement

Are you doing a single concentrate mix or a recipe (more than 2 concentrates)
    whichever one you are doing,it is better to do 10ml mixes because it could taste of sh1t or fantastic.
    Mixing small amounts or large,imo,doesn't make a difference in maturity or steeping,don't take my word for it,others may have other ideas.

Reading your 1st question again,are you asking about adding the concentrate after steeping or adding more concentrate later to strengthen the taste.I have never done it either way,I keep to my percentages at the start,I'll vape it or dump it,that's why a small amount to mix is important,sometimes I chance 10ml & most times I mix 30ml.
    I always try them out straight away in a decent RDA,depending what I mix,fruits will taste great & others will taste ok but I do know that extra steeping time will improve the taste,patience is needed...
    To stop yourself going nuts,always mix about 6 or more different batches,I always mix at least a dozen 30ml,doing it this way you will have mixes ready to vape straight away or 2 or 3 days steeping & others will take a month,at least this way you will have something to vape while waiting for others to mature,if there are some that are great in tasting with a short steep,you can then make more at 100ml/200ml of it & know you will love it.That will keep you busy while waiting for the others to reach their steeping time,patience is number one on your first mixes & after that you can experiment on different mixes,like dropping your nic to 3 or 6mg & using sub-ohm tanks at 40w or higher & doing Direct Lung(DL) vaping which is another wonderful experience,I just loved it straight away after a few coughs,the lungs have to get use to it first but what a vape,this will not suit all...

Air tight caps are good,you will still have to give them a shake or whisked every week & open the cap for a minute to replace the air before shaking.I have juices sitting in jars (not air tight) for 2 years & still taste as good.

You are nearly there,great achievement when you get a mix just perfect or near perfect,forget what you did spend at the start & look at the juice you made & say...that 100ml of juice has cost me 2 quid instead of paying 24 or more quid in a shop,that will bring a smile to your face & say that I vape 30ml to 50ml of juice a day & costs me peanuts :D:D:D:D

Good Luck...

Here's a nice little tank to hold your juice in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA5Qd0gR7Eo

Am planning to make say 500ml batch of PG,VG and Nic IN TOTAL with the amounts of each to use taking from the http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create.
    Will take 10mls of it and mix it with one concentrate only for now,will leave the mixing of two or more concentrates for later down the road.
    Will mix a few more 10mls each having its own single differant flavour concentrate,these will then be left to steep but will hold back a couple to vape straight away.
    You mentioned something before about after making the juice with the concentrate to help to be able to vape that straight away that resting the bottle in hot water for 30mins to let the process begin.Could i use either a plastic bottle or a glass bottle ?
    I have some empty used 10ml bottles that had Rye 4 in,could they be washed out with hottish water only and be re used for the 10ml tester batch,thanks for all your info...

Am planning to make say 500ml batch of PG,VG and Nic IN TOTAL with the amounts of each to use taking from the http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create.
    Will take 10mls of it and mix it with one concentrate only for now,will leave the mixing of two or more concentrates for later down the road.
    Will mix a few more 10mls each having its own single differant flavour concentrate,these will then be left to steep but will hold back a couple to vape straight away.
    You mentioned something before about after making the juice with the concentrate to help to be able to vape that straight away that resting the bottle in hot water for 30mins to let the process begin.Could i use either a plastic bottle or a glass bottle ?
    I have some empty used 10ml bottles that had Rye 4 in,could they be washed out with hottish water only and be re used for the 10ml tester batch,thanks for all your info...

Use a drop of washing up liquid & hot water & let the bottles stand for 10mins & then rinse them out with hot water,never use boiling water.

I normally use an ultrasonic cleaner for all tanks & bottles...

You can bathe plastic or glass in hot water to increase the speed of steeping

Use a drop of washing up liquid & hot water & let the bottles stand for 10mins & then rinse them out with hot water,never use boiling water.

I normally use an ultrasonic cleaner for all tanks & bottles...

You can bathe plastic or glass in hot water to increase the speed of steeping

Thats sound thanks,anything to know about the ultrasonic cleaner,i watched a vid on utube cant remember fully though :eek: of some chap that uses one for the purpose but i think it was something to do with the cut off time being to short as he needed it to be on longer ..

p.s any link for a cleaner that would do,your last link for the scales was grand,amazon had the same one for double the price,cheers.
    p.p.s LOL just watched the start of that video link you gave,even thinking about it LOL

What do people recommend for adding sweetness to mixes?

Putting in my order with darkstar today.

Thats sound thanks,anything to know about the ultrasonic cleaner,i watched a vid on utube cant remember fully though :eek: of some chap that uses one for the purpose but i think it was something to do with the cut off time being to short as he needed it to be on longer ..

p.s any link for a cleaner that would do,your last link for the scales was grand,amazon had the same one for double the price,cheers.
    p.p.s LOL just watched the start of that video link you gave,even thinking about it LOL

This is the one I have,holds 750ml & cost €30 but they are hard to find now because they probably updated it with a new model https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ultrasonic-cleaner-brand-new-in-box-/362159934605?hash=item54526a0c8d

Don't get anything that holds less than 750ml of water,these cleaners cannot be pushed into long spells of time,the one I have can run for a max of 4mins & used 3 times in a row,then it needs to sit for 30mins before you use it again,steeping in it will not work.
    The bigger the capacity of water means you can load more stuff in it & probably a longer running time,but they get more expensive,they are great for cleaning tanks/rda,coils & most vaping stuff that can survive in water.

A side note,regarding the hot bath steeping,you can do that bathing trick as many times as you like

• Advertisement

Are the flavour apprentice dx range diacetyl free? Is that the only difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Ethyl maltol. Usually advertised as "EM 10%", but TPA Cotton Candy is literally that.

You can buy the crystals really cheap and just make your own up with PG though.

You can try sucralose (I think this is what TPA call sweetener) but I hate the stuff. It's the same stuff as the fake sugar you see diabetics putting in tea. Some people swear by it, but I am not one of those people!

chipfox wrote: »
    Ethyl maltol. Usually advertised as "EM 10%", but TPA Cotton Candy is literally that.

You can buy the crystals really cheap and just make your own up with PG though.

You can try sucralose (I think this is what TPA call sweetener) but I hate the stuff. It's the same stuff as the fake sugar you see diabetics putting in tea. Some people swear by it, but I am not one of those people!

Perfect thanks for that.

Just put in my first diy order with darkstar.

Might have gone overboard though lol.
    Got 2.5L of vg and 1L of pg.
    Ordered 20 different flavour apprentice 30ml concentrates that i like the sound of so hopefully ive made some good choices.

Saved 26 pounds with the DS35 coupon which was great.

Good call on getting less PG. I used to always buy the same amount of VG and PG since I figured that's what I would need for 50/50 mixes, but the concentrates and nicotine are almost always in PG so I always ended up with way more PG than I needed.

Can't really go wrong with a load of TPA concentrates. You can plug them all into http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and see if there are any popular mixes you can make with them. 9 times out of 10 you'll be missing one or two but it's a good site to give you ideas.

Good call on getting less PG. I used to always buy the same amount of VG and PG since I figured that's what I would need for 50/50 mixes, but the concentrates and nicotine are almost always in PG so I always ended up with way more PG than I needed.

Can't really go wrong with a load of TPA concentrates. You can plug them all into http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and see if there are any popular mixes you can make with them. 9 times out of 10 you'll be missing one or two but it's a good site to give you ideas.

Yeah i figured id need less pg cause ill be aiming for 70/30 mix.
    Thanks for that. What total petcentage of concentrate should i use in a mix?

Im thinking about 15% using the flavour apprentice stuff.
    If im only throwing 1 flavour into the base though should i use more or less?

If i was vaping some juice and needed it to taste a bit sweeter i would put a couple of drops from a sweeter juice into the tank.

Im thinking about 15% using the flavour apprentice stuff.
    If im only throwing 1 flavour into the base though should i use more or less?
    There's no set amount. I've seen recipes as high as 27% flavour and as low as 5%. Some concentrates are ultra strong and some quite weak. That ELR site is actually handy for adding your concentrates that it gives you the average amount used for single concentrates. I'd highly recommend adding the 20 concentrates in even if it's a bit annoying to do.

Without checking before hand, you'd never know that 1% banana ripe is incredibly strong, or that 10% of blueberry wild is not overpowering. I made the mistakes of not checking before :eek:

Hoping to make my first batch of 10ml jucies each 10ml of differant flavours soon when my Mini Digital Jewellery Weighing Scales arrive but have a question about the amount of concentrates to use.Some of the concentrates i,m purchasing say add 3 % so how much should i use for 10ml of base,cheers.

Hoping to make my first batch of 10ml jucies each 10ml of differant flavours soon when my Mini Digital Jewellery Weighing Scales arrive but have a question about the amount of concentrates to use.Some of the concentrates i,m purchasing say add 3 % so how much should i use for 10ml of base,cheers.
    3% of 10ml is 0.3ml. I'd probably start with higher, unless the concentrates are Dark Arts / Flavourart

3% of 10ml is 0.3ml. I'd probably start with higher, unless the concentrates are Dark Arts / Flavourart

Hi thanks fot that,the concentrate ive bought is from Inawera flavors which i,m led to believe is pretty strong..

• Advertisement

Don't forget to use the "Tare" button on the scales,easily forgotten...

Don't forget to use the "Tare" button on the scales,easily forgotten...

Thats if it ever arrives ...

Thats if it ever arrives ...

If bought in the UK on Ebay,it normally takes a week...

If bought in the UK on Ebay,it normally takes a week...

Yep its coming from E bay uk was dispatched last monday,do you know is it an post that does there deliverys......
    ps the monday before on the 13th.

Yep its coming from E bay uk was dispatched last monday,do you know is it an post that does there deliverys......
    ps the monday before on the 13th.

All my ebay uk small items are usually delivered by AnPost

Need recommendations for essential FA and INAWERA flavours ASAP.

darkstarvapours are doing 30% off everything except Capella and they just stocked INAWERA.

Code DARKFRIDAY

Please recommend stuff!

darkstarvapours are doing 30% off everything except Capella and they just stocked INAWERA.

Code DARKFRIDAY

Please recommend stuff!

Got some good advise from IRISH OS1R1S here recently regarding the INAWERA concentrates that hes familiar with but cant post a link because laptops dragging and so frustrating trying to find previous posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Code DARKFRIDAY

Please recommend stuff!

INAWERA
    Coconut cookies. 10/10
    Custard. 10/10
    Shisha banana. 9/10
    Lemon Cake. 9/10
    Shisha strawberry. 10/10
    Cheese cake. 9/10
    Vanilla. 8/10
    Pineapple. 8/10
    Mango. 7/10
    Bubblegum. 7/10

Thanks guys. I'm limited to these 19 just to make use of the discount. https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/flavour-concentrates?brand=594

Some I'm just restocking since the prices are so damn cheap. I've added these so far:

Custard (obvious buy)
    Biscuit (amazing imo)
    Strawberry Shisha (been wanting this a long time)
    Vanilla Shisha (has to be good?)

Is there a better pineapple you'd recommend? Same for mango. Want both. Also wondering about their raspberries. I was not impressed with TPA at all. FA not so much either but a definite improvement. Same goes for banana, TPA = awful, FA... not terrible. Loran Banana Cream is my go to but looking for a straight banana

• Advertisement

Anybody have any TFA recipes they would like to share?

Im putting in a bit of an order with darkstar and looking for ideas so I know what to order what I can use up.

Advertisement