Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

My Pick'n'mix order arrived today, can't beat overnight service. I forgot what I had ordered, 3 new flavors from Capella's "Silverline" range. Rainbow candy, Butter pecan, and 27 Fish. The first 2 smell great, the 27 fish atm smells like nail varnish :/ I can get a feint aroma of red liqorice [Red Swedish fish jellies/red laces] - which is what it's supposed to taste like. But that potent ethanol scent is masking it strong. I'll leave it to air a bit before using, and it'll probably require a good steep when mixed too.

Butter pecan sounds good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Having issues posting screenshots but wanted to share a new recipe that I'm loving...

Mixed at 80/20 VG PG 3mg nic

TFA Bavarian Cream 5%
    FA Custard cream 2.5%
    Inawera Biscuit 1.5%
    FA Cookie 2%
    FA Marzipan 1%
    FA Torrone 1%

Beware of the Torrone though I wouldn't go over the 1%. It's an incredibly strong concentrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

damon5 wrote: »
    Dont tell me you found the impossible as a daily vape,the holy grail :eek:
    pistachio and ry4 double. i find it's not my favourite, but i can't stop filling my tank with it. it doesn't make sense, but yes i vape it pretty much non stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Butter pecan sounds good to me.

I know I should allow it steep more but I mixed up some with some vanilla bean, caramel, graham crust, AP and marshmallow - a bit of a complex mixture for a tester I know, but I've gone I rarely ever do straight mix of any concentrate, even to test. I'm too impatient and soon as I get a new flavor I get ideas on what they would go with. So far it's tasting nice, light, nutty and smooth. I used the AP to add nuttiness, but maybe I should try without it, see if the pecan comes through on it's own. Going on this already I know it's perfect for creamy, nutty, bakery/desserts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

It's probably here somewhere but I'm a lazy git:D Any discount codes for Chefs Flavours?

• Advertisement

It's probably here somewhere but I'm a lazy git:D Any discount codes for Chefs Flavours?

AAEC apparently works. Never heard of them though tbh just did bit of googling for ya.

AAEC apparently works. Never heard of them though tbh just did bit of googling for ya.

Cheers for that.

My Pick'n'mix order arrived today, can't beat overnight service. I forgot what I had ordered, 3 new flavors from Capella's "Silverline" range. Rainbow candy, Butter pecan, and 27 Fish. The first 2 smell great, the 27 fish atm smells like nail varnish :/ I can get a feint aroma of red liqorice [Red Swedish fish jellies/red laces] - which is what it's supposed to taste like. But that potent ethanol scent is masking it strong. I'll leave it to air a bit before using, and it'll probably require a good steep when mixed too.

Collected my DS order this morning. I have your two receipes mixed up. Cant wait to try them, they smell great. Im resisting the urge to try them straight away.

Was a bit unsure of the greek yoghurt when i smelt it but i trust you lol.

DHL screwed me over, my package was due to arrive on Friday - no time given, so I waited in all day - nothing ... I get a message about 7pm to say it's been rescheduled to Monday, no reason given either. ****. That is the beauty of AddressPal or PM, you collect when it suits you. I just thought it would be quicker this way.

Greek yogurt isn't one that will excite upon smelling no :D it's very sour, but it works wonders when topped up with fruits and creams. What was the 2 you mixed? Long gone day and? LGD is honestly good to go after a couple of days, it gets smoother with a steep but the the flavour is consistent.

DHL screwed me over, my package was due to arrive on Friday - no time given, so I waited in all day - nothing ... I get a message about 7pm to say it's been rescheduled to Monday, no reason given either. ****. That is the beauty of AddressPal or PM, you collect when it suits you. I just thought it would be quicker this way.

Greek yogurt isn't one that will excite upon smelling no :D it's very sour, but it works wonders when topped up with fruits and creams. What was the 2 you mixed? Long gone day and? LGD is honestly good to go after a couple of days, it gets smoother with a steep but the the flavour is consistent.

LDG and mango madness. I had to try LDG, its not bad at all straight away tbf. Will leave them sit for few days now though.

• Advertisement

LDG and mango madness. I had to try LDG, its not bad at all straight away tbf. Will leave them sit for few days now though.

LDG is an excellent juice and the Greek yogurt really gives that creamy flavour after about a 5 day steep.
    I'm a bit of a "Thecageyone" fanboy and I can honestly say that I haven't tried a bad juice from his collection yet. 2 more of his mixes you should tryout are Paradise Lost (either version) and Orchard Escape. Both are his earlier mixes and are still as good as when I first tried them.

Btw, potv will also give you 10 per cent off most (not all) concentrate on their site and free UK delivery on orders over 30 pounds.

LDG is an excellent juice and the Greek yogurt really gives that creamy flavour after about a 5 day steep.
    I'm a bit of a "Thecageyone" fanboy and I can honestly say that I haven't tried a bad juice from his collection yet. 2 more of his mixes you should tryout are Paradise Lost (either version) and Orchard Escape. Both are his earlier mixes and are still as good as when I first tried them.

Cheers :) Good to know you enjoyed them. I haven't mixed up Paradise lost in a long time actually, must get on that!

Yeah they are very good. Im sure they will be amazing after a steep. Mango madness is amazing already. I know, I know I said I would wait a while but.......

Yeah they are very good. Im sure they will be amazing after a steep. Mango madness is amazing already. I know, I know I said I would wait a while but.......

Mango madness turned out much better than I expected, it was a bit of a 'what do I have here' mix tbh when I ran out of my usuals. I've mixed it up a good few times now, I tend to fly through it, and my missus likes it too - she's normally very hard to please when it comes to flavours, my harshest critic. LGD was made for her originally, she's not happy when that one runs out! But Mango Madness or Wild Wood, which is a berry custard, on the side keep her happy :D

Somebody had a link to a site where it might be possible to get decent nic from?

Anyone happen to have way too much nic to handle otherwise? I might be interested at the right price, 100 - 500ml would be grand

Somebody had a link to a site where it might be possible to get decent nic from?

Anyone happen to have way too much nic to handle otherwise? I might be interested at the right price, 100 - 500ml would be grand

I got mine here about 4 months ago
    https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk
    via Parcel motel.
    But as you said if anyone has an abundance of it then I'd also be interested in taking some. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Dark Star still do 72mg nic, however you must open a business account and supply a vat number. Minimum order is 2 litres of 72mg in vg or pg which is £79.99 supplied in two one litre bottles.
    So if you have a vat number or know some one that does you can upgrade an existing account to a business one.
    You will need to have a company registered number as well.
    I know a guy in Rotterdam that got some using this method, he just upgraded his existing account and used his company number.
    His company isn't even vape related, he sells shoes!

judas1369 wrote: »
    Dark Star still do 72mg nic, however you must open a business account and supply a vat number. Minimum order is 2 litres of 72mg in vg or pg which is £79.99 supplied in two one litre bottles.
    So if you have a vat number or know some one that does you can upgrade an existing account to a business one.
    You will need to have a company registered number as well.
    I know a guy in Rotterdam that got some using this method, he just upgraded his existing account and used his company number.
    His company isn't even vape related, he sells shoes!

That's where I used to buy my nic, pre-TPD b*ll*cks, I don't have a VAT number sadly.

2 litres would last me and my missus about 10 years :D

I have about 250ml left, another 250 - 500 would see me right for a long time as i have dropped to 2mg

I got mine here about 4 months ago
    https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk
    via Parcel motel.
    But as you said if anyone has an abundance of it then I'd also be interested in taking some. :)

Why is their EU nic almost 1/3 the price of the UK stock? Looks good though, cheers.

• Advertisement

Why is their EU nic almost 1/3 the price of the UK stock? Looks good though, cheers.

I think it's down to stricter UK manufacturing procedures, I've tried both UK and EU, no noticeable difference between either.

I don't have one recipe that only has TFA in the mix, but I use their concentrates in almost every mix. Some of their flavours are must haves, where they really lack 'bite' in many others. Trial and error over time to find the better ones really. I would recommend these as essential TFA/TPA concentrates:

Cheesecake Graham crust
    Greek yogurt
    Banana cream
    Bavarian cream
    Vanilla bean ice cream
    Blueberry wild
    Juicy peach
    Butterscotch

I don't really rate any of their sweeteners, better to get some FlavorArt marshmallow or meringue, you'd only use up to 1% per mix so they last ages, well worth it.

You can simply make up recipes just with that lot on the spot [take note of anything you mix though, you never know when it'll be that 'gem']

Say:

Cheesecake Graham crust - 3%
    Bavarian cream - 2%
    Banana cream - 4%
    Vanilla bean ice cream - 2%
    Marshmallow 1%

Bingo! you have a lovely banana cheesecake - it'll need at least a few day's steep but I know it's delicious as I've mixed this every now and then when stuck for ideas

Taking a break from mango madness so decided to knock up the banana cheesecake.

Its really nice. Well impressed.

I have alot of flavour apprentice fruit flavours i ordered the last time like apricot, blueberry, dragonfruit, raspberry and strawberry ripe.

Im not sure what percentages to use these at as the main flavour or what flavours to support them.

Looking for simple enough receipes with one dominant fruit flavour mentioned above with a slight creamy backround if that makes sense.

Any advice on percentages for above fruits and a base of flavours for the backround would be greatly appreciated.

I know its trial and error but a rough base to build on would be great as i dont know what % these fruits need.

Taking a break from mango madness so decided to knock up the banana cheesecake.

Its really nice. Well impressed.

I have alot of flavour apprentice fruit flavours i ordered the last time like apricot, blueberry, dragonfruit, raspberry and strawberry ripe.

Im not sure what percentages to use these at as the main flavour or what flavours to support them.

Looking for simple enough receipes with one dominant fruit flavour mentioned above with a slight creamy backround if that makes sense.

Any advice on percentages for above fruits and a base of flavours for the backround would be greatly appreciated.

I know its trial and error but a rough base to build on would be great as i dont know what % these fruits need.

Blueberry wild? - As a main flavor I use that anywhere up to 8 or even 10%, depending on how complex the rest of the mix is. It's mild-ish, and can get a little lost up against stronger fruits [like blackcurrant or banana] - but just blueberry, 8% with 2% Bavarian cream and say, 3% Cheesecake Graham crust would be a nice start. If you fancy yoghurt, add either Greek yoghut at 5% or FA yogurt at a lower %

Strawberry ripe is very weak, you want 10% at least for it to be the main flavour, it even gets lost at times behind mild creams. I haven't used it in a while, but if I wanted a nice strawberry cream I would go 12% strawberry ripe, 2% FA cream fresh, 1% marshmallow, I would add 1-2% of a stronger strawberry also, like Inawera Strawberry Shisha, or FA's Red touch/strawberry. If you can't get either of those, or want to keep it more simple, 0.5% INW blackcurrant helps to 'pop' strawberry flavours, it's also worth having as a main, tastiest blackcurrant there is IMO.

I've never used Apricot, not a fan, and Dragon fruit I only ever used a bit like I suggested with the blackcurrant, small % to pop other fruits, this will also 'brighten' the strawberry ripe for you. I have INW DF, which is very potent, so I'd only use 0.5 - 1% as a backing, but TFA will be milder I imagine, maybe 1.5% behind the 12% strawberry ripe?

Blueberry wild? - As a main flavor I use that anywhere up to 8 or even 10%, depending on how complex the rest of the mix is. It's mild-ish, and can get a little lost up against stronger fruits [like blackcurrant or banana] - but just blueberry, 8% with 2% Bavarian cream and say, 3% Cheesecake Graham crust would be a nice start. If you fancy yoghurt, add either Greek yoghut at 5% or FA yogurt at a lower %

Strawberry ripe is very weak, you want 10% at least for it to be the main flavour, it even gets lost at times behind mild creams. I haven't used it in a while, but if I wanted a nice strawberry cream I would go 12% strawberry ripe, 2% FA cream fresh, 1% marshmallow, I would add 1-2% of a stronger strawberry also, like Inawera Strawberry Shisha, or FA's Red touch/strawberry. If you can't get either of those, or want to keep it more simple, 0.5% INW blackcurrant helps to 'pop' strawberry flavours, it's also worth having as a main, tastiest blackcurrant there is IMO.

I've never used Apricot, not a fan, and Dragon fruit I only ever used a bit like I suggested with the blackcurrant, small % to pop other fruits, this will also 'brighten' the strawberry ripe for you. I have INW DF, which is very potent, so I'd only use 0.5 - 1% as a backing, but TFA will be milder I imagine, maybe 1.5% behind the 12% strawberry ripe?

Thanks, thats a great help. Yeah its the blueberry wild. Gonna try it next time and see.

Also have the tfa juicy peach as well to try. Where do I start lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks, thats a great help. Yeah its the blueberry wild. Gonna try it next time and see.

I find it very hard to start mixing again after a long break from it,I'm still vaping 2014 mixes & they are still vapable...lazyiness took over:D:D

I pulled 50ml of 72% Nic from the freezer last night,hopefully that should give me that extra push to start mixing today...

A lot of people like to mix juicy peach with the strawberry ripe, they do go well together but you'd want to go 4:1 straw/peach or the strawberry will be lost. Peach juicy is pretty good stuff.

I never stopped mixing since I began, no way I'm going back to paying 5x as much for juices no better than i can whip up myself. The only problem I have is patience, I can't resist ploughing into new mixes right away, they do get their steep eventually as I only ever do 100ml bottles now.

does juicy peach live up to its name? i'm missing a good few juices so i need to put in an order. i've yet to find a really sweet delicious fruit flavour.

also i notice that my concentrate collection only grows over time, but never shrinks. i have a problem...

chipfox wrote: »
    does juicy peach live up to its name? i'm missing a good few juices so i need to put in an order. i've yet to find a really sweet delicious fruit flavour.

also i notice that my concentrate collection only grows over time, but never shrinks. i have a problem...

If you really like peach it's good stuff, I wouldn't say it was one of my personal favorites. There's also one from INW that is intense peachy, called Summer feeling - it's peach, raspberry and lime, but tbh I get mostly just strong, but decent peach.

I have that same issue - I have to 're-stock' some of my mains this week, told my partner I needed to make a DarkStar order, she's looking at the box of concentrates going ... "really?"

are you any good at getting juices really sweet? does it just take loads of flavourings? my sister got a load of cheap juice when they were banning 30ml bottles and i just tried one. it's just fairly basic blackberry but it's so ridiculously sweet, i actually really like it. any time i've ever tried to make up a sweet fruit it ended up like perfume. or i ended up using 10+ flavours and i'm just too damn lazy

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote: »
    are you any good at getting juices really sweet? does it just take loads of flavourings? my sister got a load of cheap juice when they were banning 30ml bottles and i just tried one. it's just fairly basic blackberry but it's so ridiculously sweet, i actually really like it. any time i've ever tried to make up a sweet fruit it ended up like perfume. or i ended up using 10+ flavours and i'm just too damn lazy

I sometimes use a mixture of TFA sweetener and FA Marshmallow to sweeten fruity mixes. You can't really over do it with FA marsh, if you go high well, you get a nice fluffy marshmallow mix :D but keep it around 2% with 1-1.5% sweetener and you will have a nice sweet juice, just add your favorite fruity shots

I just mixed up a juicy fruity mix yesterday, and to me it is plenty sweet enough with just 1% sweetener in there, it's got INW blackcurrant in there though, and that reacts nicely to the sweetener, gives a sweet Ribena tint to it. I wouldn't over do it with sweetener though as it'll start to taste fake/perfumey as you say.

Advertisement