Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing/Midwifery Fees

Options
  • 03-01-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys

Just wondering if somebody could give me some advice please?

I am wanting to apply to the CAO for nursing or midwifery this year. I am not receiving any welfare payment at the moment. In terms of money would I be eligible for the "free degree"? And if so how would I go about applying for this? I haven't previously studied for a degree. The SUSI grant doesn't seem like it would be an option as it is means tested.

Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you are an Irish or EU national and have been living in Ireland and/or the EU or EEA for 3 out of the last 5 years and have no prior third level qualifications then you might be eligible to have the tutition component of your fees paid through the Free Fee Initiative. You would still be liable for the student contribution component which is €3000. SUSI are the only source of state help with that and that would involve a means test.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement