Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton VS Tottenham Hotspur (SS1)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

deolafeu has some eye for a pass... Gonna be a top notch winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well done davies again v defeleau

howard under pressure

davycc wrote: »
    howard under pressure

His decline has been crazy from such an excellent goalie 2 seasons ago

great save hugo boss

What a first time strike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Ten to go and Everton looking the more likely winners amazingly. Set up for a Spurs sucker punch so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Barkley must be so frustrating if you're an Everton fan. He does ridiculously good things and then immediately does something just baffling.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Barkley must be so frustrating if you're an Everton fan. He does ridiculously good things and then immediately does something just baffling.

Was just thinking they'd benefit from an Erikson type player far more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Stones thinking he's Beckenbauer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

He sure is.... Gets away with though due to his nationality!

You've got to be wondering what the Everton defenders do be at! Coleman did the same thing as Stones earlier. Holding on the ball far longer than he needs to and then gets himself in to bother.

Crazy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You've got to be wondering what the Everton defenders do be at! Coleman did the same thing as Stones earlier. Holding on the ball far longer than he needs to and then gets himself in to bother.

Except he didn't get himself into any bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Everton have definitely finished with a far better team than the one that started. Take note Martinez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Might be the best manager in the league, myabe they should look for a right back too but upsetting the squad dynamics should be taken into consideration.

I wish people would stop saying things like this about a manager who's achieved very little.

AdamD wrote: »
    Except he didn't get himself into any bother

All it would take is one slip and you're done for. He had no idea where he was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Finishes one-all. Everton were the better team in the second half but given that Spurs hit the inside of the woodwork twice and were totally dominant in the first half they can feel a little aggrieved not to have won that. Very good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Absolute barnstormer of a game.

Liam O wrote: »
    I wish people would stop saying things like this about a manager who's achieved very little.

I think he will go on to great things, with spurs hopefully.

• Advertisement

I think he will go on to great things, with spurs hopefully.

So because you think he will go on to great things that makes him a better manager than Wenger, Klopp, LVG, Pellegrini, heck even Hiddink who HAVE achieved great things. He's only 5 years younger than Klopp and has a lot of catching up to do to achieve anything like he has in his career so far.

So because you think he will go on to great things that makes him a better manager than Wenger, Klopp, LVG, Pellegrini, heck even Hiddink who HAVE achieved great things. He's only 5 years younger than Klopp and has a lot of catching up to do to achieve anything like he has in his career so far.

Just my opinion, would rather him over the others.

a cracking end to end game thought the draw was a fair result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I'm delighted Lamela is playing well and showing his potential. Seems like a bargain now. How things change.

Just my opinion, would rather him over the others.

Why is that your opinion, what has he done to be elevated over the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Gavlor wrote: »
    Everton have definitely finished with a far better team than the one that started. Take note Martinez

I don't think leaving lukaku so isolated up front on his own works. We saw it in most games last season and it was terrible and I'd dread going back to that. He needs someone up there with him - even if it's only Kone....but hopefully it will be someone better if we can make a purchase this month....if not, Mirallas.

Why is that your opinion, what has he done to be elevated over the others?

Hiddink, LVG, Wenger and Pellegrini nearing the end of their careers, Klopp's poor end to his stint at Borussia and Pochettino's impressive start to his career barring his debut with Espanyol.

I don't dispute that those you have mentioned have achieved great things but Mauricio is in a better position to go on to do just that and his footballing philosophy looks to be bearing fruit even though, at the beginning of the season, I bemoaned Spurs' lack of anything approaching a team that would challenge for top four, now they'd be hugely disappointed not to qualify for the champions league.

I'm no Spurs fan btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Martinez out please.

Clueless line up.
    How can he persist with Howard?
    Totally outplayed in first half, at home.

If we don't beat City in the cup semi final he's a goner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    I'm delighted Lamela is playing well and showing his potential. Seems like a bargain now. How things change.

I wouldn't be quite saying that yet.

Advertisement