Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible experience at <SNIP>

Options
  • 03-01-2016 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Avoid <SNPI> at all costs, if you have thick hair.

I went to <SNIP> to refresh my bob, which had grown way too long. I explained my hairdresser that I have thick hair (both in volume and in strand thickness) which has a bit of a kink to it as well. I showed her photos of myself with a bob at the exact same length I wanted it to be. Long story short, I ended up looking like a village idiot. It was honestly the worst haircut of my life.

I contacted <SNIP> to complain as my hair made me look seriously hideous. They offered to correct my cut free of charge, which was very kind of them. I went there and got the correction, which looked OK at the time. But 2 hours later, it reverted back to its horrible state. Their styling didn't even stick for a day! Please note that I have thick hair which easily holds a style. To be honest, it is not the worst cut of my life anymore. But the <SNIP> correction did not really correct it - now this cut is at the top 3 of the worst cuts of my life. It went from extremely horrendous to extremely bad. I knew that I was taking a risk by going to <SNIP> (I misjudged how big of a risk that was), but you would expect that <SNIP> which is supposedly one of the top salons in Dublin, would be able to correct a bob cut. Apparently not.

Thank you <SNIP> for turning me into a village idiot! Thanks for ruining my hair! Please make your stylists learn to cut hair before introducing them to public -___-

I will let it grow back for the moment, but I am happy to hear any recs for a good hairdresser who knows how to cut thick hair. I used to go to Coco at Queen Hair but apparently she moved away when I was away (I recently moved back to Dublin).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally, I have very thick, long hair with a natural wave. I go to Hilary at Toni & Guy on Clarendon Street. She has been great for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

dudara wrote: »
    Personally, I have very thick, long hair with a natural wave. I go to Hilary at Toni & Guy on Clarendon Street. She has been great for me.

Thanks for the rec! Sounds like my hair, except the long part.

Why is the name of the salon snipped? Is it against the rules? It was my genuine review :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Thanks for the rec! Sounds like my hair, except the long part.

Why is the name of the salon snipped? Is it against the rules? It was my genuine review :confused:

Did you put that review on their Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We prefer not to name businesses as they do not have the right of reply here. If you want to review, there are other sites where you can do that.

Taboola wrote: »
    Did you put that review on their Facebook page?

I reviewed them on Yelp, but will leave a FB review too soon.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    We prefer not to name businesses as they do not have the right of reply here. If you want to review, there are other sites where you can do that.

OK, thanks.

Advertisement