Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for partner for barber shop

Options
  • 03-01-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Long time reader of this forum. I've been looking into opening a barber shop for quite some time and feel like I can now afford to invest into opening one. I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who is also interested in this? Ideally someone with knowledge of barber shops, having either worked in one or having run one before.

About me: I'm mid twenties and working in an office job. I've managed to save quite a bit of money up to the point that I'm willing to invest money into a business, I'm also ready to leave my current job to pursue this. I'm based in Dublin but I'm willing to open this business anywhere in Ireland.

If anyone has any advice please feel free to let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Are you going to do barbering or learn to do it? It is a lot harder to make it profitable if you just manage. My friend opened one 2 years ago and has done ok, she now employs someone else part time as well - small rural town with no other barber and none in the next town either. She is a qualified hairdresser though and at the start needed some eve, weekend work doing ladies hair as well.
    My BF opened one last year and it has only broke even a few times lately, if he was paying rent as well he would have lost his hole. It was one of those always wanted to moments and so 10 days later I was making barber shop signs .... but he didn't have time to market it or anything and the girl he employed was happy to sit on her ass all day on Facebook and watching day time telly... He didn't feel he could ask her to do other stuff such as online marketing etc when the place was empty. Which was more fool him and he has learned his lesson.
    You need the right location and a good chunk of cash to cover living costs while you got going. And don't get suckered into dropping a few grand on a cool sofa, done deal, fleabay and adverts always have barbering stuff up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sticky at the top a few posts above yours.

Read the first post in it for guidelines.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838808

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement