Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good 22" monitor?

Options
  • 03-01-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Current monitor is a 22" Samsung 226BW. It has been getting problem turning on, and from a Google, it seems the most common fault is the capacitors. Although it's maybe fixable, my father just wants a new monitor.

Screen is linked up to family machine (VGA on onboard) and DVI (gaming machine), so needs both to be connected, and switched easily.

Looking to get a 22" monitor, with both DVI and VGA connections, and a button to switch between. Budget is below €200

Found a BenQ GL2450HM 24 which fits the criteria, but wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No suggestions, but the first soldering job a 15y/O Digi ever did was replacing capacitors on a TV, its really easy, took about an hour to replace 3 I think.

I think that's the monitor I have, no complaints about it here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Have that monitor also. Fine but dead pixels are an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No suggestions, but the first soldering job a 15y/O Digi ever did was replacing capacitors on a TV, its really easy, took about an hour to replace 3 I think.
    Aye. Seems they cost between 5 and 20, but my father is afraid that it's only the start of the monitor dying. Plan to emigrate in a few months, so prefer not to have to do any troubleshooting over the phone with the current one should I fix it.
    I think that's the monitor I have, no complaints about it here
    Good to hear :)

Techmaster wrote: »
    Have that monitor also. Fine but dead pixels are an issue.
    How many dead pixels do you have, or is just a common problem with this model?

the_syco wrote: »
    How many dead pixels do you have, or is just a common problem with this model?

2 when I first got it. It now has about 5.

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    2 when I first got it. It now has about 5.
    Feck. Centre, or where? And what colour? Noticeable?

the_syco wrote: »
    Feck. Centre, or where? And what colour? Noticeable?

Its spread around different parts of the display. Not too noticeable but annoying nonetheless.

FFS. About to buy, and it jumps to €199 :(

Great. Got a GL2450 in Maplins for €169; getting it tomorrow.

As for the monitor, shall throw it onto Adverts.ie - got it for 40'ish about two years ago, so shall let it go for a fiver (petrol), as I ain't posting it. Someone may see it as a cheap monitor that they could fix themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Have had this monitor nearly 3 years http://www.ebuyer.com/397348-hannsg-he225dpb-21-5-full-hd-dvi-led-monitor-he225dpb ....excellent for the price, bought in Peats on Parnell str RIP..

• Advertisement

Got the GL2450 - it's awesome!

Advertisement