Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring new boiler controller

Options
  • 03-01-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I'd like to replace my old Apt analogue timer with a new digital one but I'm having trouble working out the wiring.

The system is currently wired as follows: 3A fuse -> Apt (live in = 2, live out = 1, both neutrals = 3) -> boiler

The new controller is a Secure SRT322 (similar to a Horstmann HRT4-ZW) and has a universal backplate (with N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4 as shown in the attached).

Am I right in thinking that the live and neutral coming from the 3A fuse go into N and L, live from the boiler into 2 and neutral from the boiler into 4, with a link from L to 2?

I've tried this and the controller works (you can hear it turn on and off) but the boiler won't fire so I'm sure I've left out something.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

s10001 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd like to replace my old Apt analogue timer with a new digital one but I'm having trouble working out the wiring.

The system is currently wired as follows: 3A fuse -> Apt (live in = 2, live out = 1, both neutrals = 3) -> boiler

The new controller is a Secure SRT322 (similar to a Horstmann HRT4-ZW) and has a universal backplate (with N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4 as shown in the attached).

Am I right in thinking that the live and neutral coming from the 3A fuse go into N and L, live from the boiler into 2 and neutral from the boiler into 4, with a link from L to 2?

I've tried this and the controller works (you can hear it turn on and off) but the boiler won't fire so I'm sure I've left out something.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks!

Boiler neutral goes with timer neutral.
    Boiler live goes into 4

http://www.securetogether.com/files/6814/1439/1825/SRT322_User__Installation_instructions.pdf

Page 6

• Registered Users Posts: 11 s10001

That was it! Many thanks for such a quick response, that was a huge help.

Advertisement