Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moderator case law query

Options
  • 03-01-2016 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Wonder if any of you can post links to threads where submissions under oath regarding moderators, the reasons they are required etc, have been made by AGS...... Or any judgement transcription where the perfectly legitimate reasons for rifle moderators have been mentioned.

Might be useful for folks whose Superintendents use the laughably inaccurate (from a pure physics p.o.v) moderator section of the commissioners guidelines to issue some verrrrrrry spurious/dubious refusals for moderators.

Thanks
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Dont think you will find them online.Most of these submissions will be based on individual court cases and documents submitted by AGS as evidence.So unless you request them from a personal court case under the freedom of info from the AGS ,you wont really get access to them .OTOH You can PM me and I can give you a summation of what was accepted as good reason by the 2nd in command of AGS ballistics in Oct 2014 in my DC case for a silencer for a 308 SA.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm having a blond moment and not following your question. Are you:
    1. Asking for what people have supplied as reasons in court cases
    2. Asking for what people have supplied as reasons when applying normally (FCA1)
    3. Asking what An Gardaí have said towards applications asking for a Mod (this is the bit i don't understand as Garda don't make submissions for Mods)
    4. Reasons An Gardaí have given for refusing mods
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Cass wrote: »
    I'm having a blond moment and not following your question. Are you:
    1. Asking for what people have supplied as reasons in court cases
    2. Asking for what people have supplied as reasons when applying normally (FCA1)
    3. Asking what An Gardaí have said towards applications asking for a Mod (this is the bit i don't understand as Garda don't make submissions for Mods)
    4. Reasons An Gardaí have given for refusing mods

I used to have blonde moments, but then my hair fell out ðŸ˜

I was asking mostly about any instances where AGS representatives have affirmed what would be perfectly acceptible reasons for a mod, during a court appeal etc......,

.....or where they have been made to concede the ludicrous fallacies in the guidelines about mods etc.

In other words, any cases one could use as reference to point out the real world reasons for mods as opposed to hollywood nonsense 😣

I have my mods but have heard concerns over a newly appointed super here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

g00167015 wrote: »
    I used to have blonde moments, but then my hair fell out ðŸ˜
    :D
    I was asking mostly about any instances where AGS representatives have affirmed what would be perfectly acceptible reasons for a mod, during a court appeal etc......,
    Not a chance they'll set out a firm set of reasons. As it is the guidelines are flexible so that refusals can be done based on each application. If there were a set of fixed rules then there would bee no way to refuse one simply because the Super did not want to issue it.
    In other words, any cases one could use as reference to point out the real world reasons for mods as opposed to hollywood nonsense 😣
    I believe, only believe, that one or two ranges actually had Supers and high ranking Gardaí/DoJ (even army) members down and they showed them how "un-Hollywood" suppressors really are. They were surprised at the big bang that still occurred.
    I have my mods but have heard concerns over a newly appointed super here
    It's not in any way, shape or form what you are looking for but we have a simply guide here to help out people.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Thanks, was as much for the interest value as anything 😊

In some of the refusals you can read about on forums etc, the Superintendent gives reasons which are in effect a challenge to that which is irrefutable, IOW p.h.y.s.i.c.s

Amusing to read about, but not amusing for the applicants concerned I'd imagine.

Thanks anyways Cass,.......

I call them bald-moments now haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement