Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

They'll probably both go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

What an awful show, the difference in standard in this and the U.K. one is massive, the battles tonight we're just so poor, feckin missus watches it so I'm stuck watching it before anyone tells me not to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

Sono wrote: »
    What an awful show, the difference in standard in this and the U.K. one is massive, the battles tonight we're just so poor, feckin missus watches it so I'm stuck watching it before anyone tells me not to watch it.

The battles are always the weakest part of it...mostly because the coaches don't have a clue what song choices would suit the singers. Plus, 14 on each team is far too much...it is inevitable that there will be some weak singers and weak battles. However, I think the new format allows for most of the best singers to reach the live shows for public vote and there will be a decent standard then. And I will say, the guys who did the Foo Fighters were pretty good (to my ears, at least) . Also, though I concede that the singers on the voice uk are of a higher standard , the show has become so tedious due to the overall production and the antics of probably the most unfunny man (who thinks he is hilarious) that has ever graced television screens since it has been invented : Mr. Will.i.am!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

I thought it was a decent show tonight...though was not a fan at all of most of the song choices. The two strongest battles were both from Team Kian though the first one was good too. I see in the trailer that one of my favourites Karen Louise will be battling the outright Favourite Pauric! Disappointed with Bressie there...hopefully she gets a steal!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just watching now on about a 2 hour delay, seriously though, there's really not a lot going on in Una's head is there?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh Yay!!!! Linda fcuking Martin!!!

How lucky are we!!

:D

Hadn't even read it, tbh. Just saw the headline.

Has anyone made a successful career from this show? Or even the English one for that matter.

Sono wrote: »
    Has anyone made a successful career from this show? Or even the English one for that matter.

No.

• Advertisement

No.

Says it all really.

Your man that won it in 2014 Brendan I think his name was, haven't heard a single thing about him since he won, very strange as he was actually quite decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Was very disapoointed with the choice of songs at this, the first Battle. How many people knew them? Call me ignorant. I didn't know half of them.

Am just listening to this: Queen - Somebody to Love! What a great performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo

This would really put them to the test and everybody would know and enjoy it.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    This would really put them to the test expose them and everybody would know and enjoy it.

fixed that.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Was very disapoointed with the choice of songs at this, the first Battle. How many people knew them? Call me ignorant. I didn't know half of them.

Am just listening to this: Queen - Somebody to Love! What a great performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo

This would really put them to the test and everybody would know and enjoy it.

As someone who hates Queen and comes from a family who are all missing the Queen gene, I disagree. I would not listen to them if they sang this.

Whereas I knew all and liked most of the songs they sang on Sunday night.

We must be of different generations, witchie. I thought most of the songs were devoid of anything to recommend them. Nothing memorable!

I'm in my early 40s if that helps! :D

You've got a bit to go, then, witchie! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Is Westlife unaware that he's bald?
    That comb over is terrible lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

this is disappointing. expected better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

This is a great song. Think Mark edged it.

Oh well another wrong call. Ah he got stolen. He deserved that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Evening!
    Hated the song choice but have to say I thought they both did good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone watching tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Glad they both went through..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I thought that was a great song choice for their battle and I'm glad they both went through - I like the Irish guy's tone better.
    Dakota is a great song - I hope they won't ruin it on me now!

terrible song for the young lad

far too over enthusiastic.

Great tune though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Great song but too big for the guy in the leather jacket

Spotted my friend and I a few times already so happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think that lad has a fantastic voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

His voice is out of this world good!

Which one are you, Witchie?

Advertisement