Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'd love Kathryn Thomas to just turn around at the end of a performance and just disparagingly with a comment like..... 'well that was pretty sh$te"!!!!

Love ironing.

At least something makes you happy!!

apart from crisps 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This song doesn't suit these.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

The girl has a lovely voice.

At least something makes you happy!!

apart from crisps 😄

I do my best singing when ironing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

OOOH shes out of tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'd love Kathryn Thomas to just turn around at the end of a performance and just disparagingly with a comment like..... 'well that was pretty sh$te"!!!!

i'd prefer if Kathryn had a mute button, her voice annoys me too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

I'm shocked at that. Thought she was better. But what would I know. I called them all wrong tonight.

Autosport wrote: »
    i'd prefer if Kathryn had a mute button, her voice annoys me too much
    I think she's ok..what other Irish presenter would you put in her place?

jluv wrote: »
    I'd love to train with her though...Not an ounce of fat on her..me on the other hand...not so lean:p

oh she would just tell you how thin and great and amazing and brilliant you are at your training!

You would end up killing her!

• Advertisement

1_160.jpg

1_160.jpg
    LOL!!:D:D
    He gives me the creeps! That touchy feeley thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dermot O Leary would be my choice

Somebody told me that this was the last season of The Voice. I'll miss it if true.

Autosport wrote: »
    Dermot O Leary would be my choice
    Me too but good luck with that one;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Anyone. Absolutely anyone. She is so annoying with her "ah, shure you were brilliant" attitude which gets a little boring after she says it for the 27th time per show.
    She is quite possibly the worst tv presenter I have ever seen, but this being Ireland, she'll have jobs for life in RTÉ

Somebody told me that this was the last season of The Voice. I'll miss it if true.

Yes, as per an earlier post in this thread, we're getting 'Ireland's got Talent' with Louis Walsh & Linda Martin

Best. Show. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

At least Kathryn T. has cut down on the number of Hugs she gives. They always seem so awkward.

Yes, as per an earlier post in this thread, we're getting 'Ireland's got Talent' with Louis Walsh & Linda Martin

Best. Show. Ever.

Aaahhh Linda Martin, no thanks.

It's great having a show to highlight the amount of talent thats out there.
    Unfortunatly the after support for the winner just does not seem to be there..
    RTE get their show from the talent of these people, but the contestants don't seem to get much in return..
    Maybe if Louis is involved in the new show then there might be something in it for the contestants.
    Linda Martin though:confused:

• Advertisement

It's great having a show to highlight the amount of talent thats out there.
    Unfortunatly the after support for the winner just does not seem to be there..
    RTE get their show from the talent of these people, but the contestants don't seem to get much in return..
    Maybe if Louis is involved in the new show then there might be something in it for the contestants.
    Linda Martin though:confused:

Has Louis Walsh ever supported talented solo artists?? I certainly wouldn't have much faith in him behind genuinely talented individuals nor I doubt he would allow or influence any sort of artistry.

Has Louis Walsh ever supported talented solo artists?? I certainly wouldn't have much faith in him behind genuinely talented individuals nor I doubt he would allow or influence any sort of artistry.

He does have the contacts/influence in the industry and if he wants a show with his name behind it to succeed he may push a winning artist to do well?
    Present judges seem to be interested in promoting themselves more than the contestants IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

He does have the contacts/influence in the industry and if he wants a show with his name behind it to succeed he may push a winning artist to do well?
    Present judges seem to be interested in promoting themselves more than the contestants IMO..

Bressie should go on the Voice UK as a contestant to promote his own music career!

seachto7 wrote: »
    Bressie should go on the Voice UK as a contestant to promote his own music career!

Bressie singing career is long gone. He flopped as a solo artist, even in Ireland. Couldn't even get beyond a top 10 in the single charts in Ireland despite his exposure through the Voice. His last single hit 53 in the charts which is essentially a few dozen purchases. He just isn't quirky or unique enough. He hasnt released anything in 3 years. Seems a sound lad but he would never make it in the UK.

Bressie singing career is long gone. He flopped as a solo artist, even in Ireland. Couldn't even get beyond a top 10 in the single charts in Ireland despite his exposure through the Voice. His last single hit 53 in the charts which is essentially a few dozen purchases. He just isn't quirky or unique enough. He hasnt released anything in 3 years. Seems a sound lad but he would never make it in the UK.

It's hilarious. He's interviewed talking about mental health, and he's sitting in a recording studio.

seachto7 wrote: »
    It's hilarious. He's interviewed talking about mental health, and he's sitting in a recording studio.

I think he is brilliant advocating the importance of mental health but he is repeating the same mantra on every media outlet far too regularly for years. It's such an important discussion but when he comes on I mentally switch off. I guess even if he passes on his message to at least one extra person every time he speaks about it it is worth it but I'd like to hear a variety of speakers on the issue, each with their own experience and message. I think that would be a more powerful campaign on the issue.

I think he is brilliant advocating the importance of mental health but he is repeating the same mantra on every media outlet far too regularly for years. It's such an important discussion but when he comes on I mentally switch off. I guess even if he passes on his message to at least one extra person every time he speaks about it it is worth it but I'd like to hear a variety of speakers on the issue, each with their own experience and message. I think that would be a more powerful campaign on the issue.

Well his music career is gone quiet so if he stops talking about mental health what's he going to do instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The show is an absolute joke. The judges build up the hopes of these poor souls. Do they not look at any previous winners and see what could be in store? I can't stand that Westlife fella, I'd say he still has his confirmation money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The show is an absolute joke. The judges build up the hopes of these poor souls. Do they not look at any previous winners and see what could be in store? .

The contestants should do their research.

Hardly the shows fault if people, having seen that no one does particularly well from the show, enter the show.

• Advertisement

zoobizoo wrote: »
    The contestants should do their research.

Hardly the shows fault if people, having seen that no one does particularly well from the show, enter the show.

They still get their 5 minutes (or seconds) of fame, which I guess is simply what a lot of people would still want these days, and be quite happy to achieve.

Advertisement