Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Girls doing duets never works on these shows i notice. I think there is no chemistry between them and over competitiveness ruins the arrangement.

Anyway no sympathy for the little one mary as she is another in the "i want to be a singer but never heard of any songs" category.

Shes raging!!!!

Well its clear both are going through anyway. Guy will be picked, she will be stolen. They both seem sound also

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Their voices don't compliment each other but both are better than some of the others who went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh my.

Both seem good singers but together.... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

shouting match

Alex will be stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

RobertKK wrote: »
    Alex will be stolen.

no chance

Or maybe not, she was better than some who got through already.

Well its clear both are going through anyway. Guy will be picked, she will be stolen. They both seem sound also

Bit surprised there. Much worse have slipped through. She deserved to go tgrough, if only for the fact she is gorgeous!

I dont normally like over performers like this but this guy is very decent. His d audition was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bit surprised there. Much worse have slipped through. She deserved to go tgrough, if only for the fact she is gorgeous!

I dont normally like over performers like this but this guy is very decent. His d audition was excellent

When went to this show, found out that the reason Alex didn't get through was only Rachel had a steal left and since they were both on her team.

Some magic moments in that performance but mostly as individual, as someone said when they sang together their voices didn't match.

She couldn't send Ciaran home as he has so much to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I only watch it to laugh at Westlife's hair. He's not fooling anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I don't think "Chandelier" should be given to anybody as a song because not one of them can do it justice. The real "Chandelier" gives me goosebumps. I was far from goosebumps with this version. Stupid giving it to them in the first place! They both knew they weren't up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Alot of screeching and shouting, seemed to be alot of wrong song choices aswell. Hopefully next week will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Only catching up now, not high on my priority list :)

Only one thing to say, the two that sang Chandelier by Sia absolutely murdered the song. And the judges/hosts saying it was a good performance, are they deaf? Both should have been sent home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Monife wrote: »

Only one thing to say, the two that sang Chandelier by Sia absolutely murdered the song. And the judges/hosts saying it was a good performance, are they deaf? Both should have been sent home!
    Couldn't agree more! I've already put up a post about this. The song was way beyond the two contestants, IMO.

Anyone watching?

Much preferred Calissa over Mary and not a fan of Darraghs Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Calissa should get this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Agree, I think she was the one that should have gone through. Right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Tuning, tuning, tuning.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of that song choice for Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

CFlat wrote: »
    Tuning, tuning, tuning.

Very out of tune for a lot of that song

I don't think KT realises how condescending she can be. 'A sure aren't you a great girl for getting up here and singing an awl song'. Jaysus, it's like being in a pub and one of the locals gets up and sings with the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

There is no doubt that Calissa was the strongest singer of the trio but there's also no doubt in my mind that kian rigged the trio to favour Calissa. He has a really strong team but he picked two of his weakest singers to compete against Calissa so that it wouldn't seem like he was biased to Calissa because he knew she would be the best of the three. So he did her a favour by putting her in that trio and not against any of the remaining singers who could all compete against her! She is very good though and I am relieved Daragh didn't get through...not because he is not a top lad or good singer but because he seems to have a lot of public backing and connections so I fear that he would have turned into that guy who would have got to the final due to a big family and friends vote while other superior performers would have been eliminated!

Good performance there by Nik.

Bad version of that song.

One of my favourite tunes! Advise you to check it out!! The live versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

mother of God, I thought Katherine looked bad until I saw Una! K looks like she's wearing the top of a badly fitting bikini & Una looks like she's had a short back & sides!

Katherine's hair is annoying me, and her attempts to be funny

• Advertisement

Advertisement