Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

- the whole thing is an embarrassment, its cringeworthy

It is, but as someone who has to watch it due to my other half,

I've decided I'm going to embrace the cringe, and take it as nothing more than a big joke and something to laugh at.

Lisha wrote: »
    Why the actual fcuk would anybody pick Cain??!!!?!??

Out of all of them though, he's got the most experience of/exposure to the world these singers are trying to break in to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Out of all of them though, he's got the most experience of/exposure to the world these singers are trying to break in to!!

All down to Louis Walsh really

Lisha wrote: »
    All down to Louis Walsh really

He was still there though, he was the one being produced, he might not have been making the decisions, but the decisions revolved around him and 3/4 other lads, surely they picked up a few tips & tricks along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Dreadful

• Advertisement

Looks like Katheryn Thomas has lost a bit of weight, she looks almost gaunt, and about 5 years older than last year!

Still very patronising though "aw, your a little trier, well done you"

Una is So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bet Una turns for him. She is into the country vibe and knows that it is popular with young uns these days.

There ya go!

Pointing while singing has to be banned!

• Advertisement

I don't like him at all!!

A thin James Corden

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is her name Febbie Menopausal

Mr Schmoozeyy Schmaltzy .....rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Recorded the show earlier... awful tripe so far!
    Last I'd heard only Una had committed to do another series, bit surprised to see all the others back too.
    Nobody interesting (to me) so far.
    Kind of pointless this show, what do the winners ever do once the cameras stop rolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

dee_mc wrote: »
    Last I'd heard only Una had committed to do another series, bit surprised to see all the others back too.
    Kind of pointless this show, what do the winners ever do once the cameras stop rolling?

One of the finalists got a reality TV series out of it - Kelly Mongan.

I saw a 'Reality Bites' show on a few weeks ago, about talent show contestants - the track record of The Voice of Ireland was sad. Even the British one doesn't produce 'hit records' but the Irish girl who sang opera (WillIam was her coach) and made it to the final did land a lead in a West End Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I saw a 'Reality Bites' show on a few weeks ago, about talent show contestants - the track record of The Voice of Ireland was sad. Even the British one doesn't produce 'hit records' but the Irish girl who sang opera (WillIam was her coach) and made it to the final did land a lead in a West End Show.

I saw her singing on something on TV over Christmas too, can't remember now what it was

I saw her singing on something on TV over Christmas too, can't remember now what it was

Was she singing Carols from Mansion House for Nationwide or something like that

Was that the show with Eoin from newspaper with Lulu Walsh, Bressie and Kian kinda made TVOI show sound sh*t and waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I thought two of the previous winners were excellent performers - Pat Byrne and Brendan. Some good talent there, but a pity that the show can't actually seem to help them to make the career they promise to give them!

• Advertisement

Yintang wrote: »
    I thought two of the previous winners were excellent performers - Pat Byrne and Brendan. Some good talent there, but a pity that the show can't actually seem to help them to make the career they promise to give them!

I didn't watch the season where Pat Byrne won it, but saw him performing the following season, a song called All or Nothing, and I liked it, but that was it, never heard of him again.

Brendan was also very good, and I had hopes he could make it if the path was carved correctly for him, but again, after seeing him perform on the show, went quiet!

Brendan was also very good, and I had hopes he could make it if the path was carved correctly for him, but again, after seeing him perform on the show, went quiet!

From what I can see Brendan is trying to break the uk. He was playing a few gigs there last year and if course is still gigging locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ultimate cringe TV. So bad that it's good.
    I see Westlife is trying desperately to cover up his rapidly balding crown. It's nearly a comb over from the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Loved the "geeky" girl, who sang her own song about all the guys being gay. That was a lovely gesture from Bressie - to offer to record her. Really made the show for her and her family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Even if they weren't gay she'd have no chance looking like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Why are Rte still showing this?

Does the winner get a cash prize from it?

So far no previous winners has made a decent career out of the voice of Ireland.

What exzactly are the judges looking for, they are doing a terrible job because they havent found a popstar.

Maybe there aren't any pop-stars coming forward. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dee_mc wrote: »

Shows like this are designed for the presenters and judges. This format has passed its sell by date a long time ago. All these remain cheap to make and are the perfect filler for 1.5 hours on a Sunday.

Because we are being bombarded with all these competitions and their winners and because the focus on the old winner is swapped in favour of the current contestants, there is little room for a career.

I think if they looked for a country artist given it's revival a country style winner could have a decent career in Ireland maybe also get a judge/mentor from country music background, Crystal Swing Derek is looking for a job :p

• Advertisement

I'd love to see a whole new batch of judges, but that's probably asking for a bit much.

Advertisement