Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silverdolphin

God, that choir should have their own TV programme for toddlers. *Wince*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Best performance by a mile for Laura IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

CFlat wrote: »
    Best performance by a mile for Laura IMO.

Agree, she did well this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

Based on tonight, I'd be putting through Celesa, Nigel, Moylan and Matheus! Think Michael is turning into a one trick pony and Matheus received unfair criticism. It was definitely Jasmine's best performance though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What am I missing about Michael?? Is it his looks?? I think he is just an average enough busker type. His voice is very pitch also.

Seriously, what am I missing here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Idont think she'll be topping any charts with that song..

Based on tonight, I'd be putting through Celesa, Nigel, Moylan and Matheus! Think Michael is turning into a one trick pony and Matheus received unfair criticism. It was definitely Jasmine's best performance though!

Yea it's time to nail our colours to the mast!

I'm going to go with Calesa, Nigel, Michael and Emmet. My last two are tactical because I think Michael will get through because of the Dublin vote(but I think Matheus is a better singer) and Emmet cause all the young ones will vote for him. I think Calsea and Nigel are the two best singers in the contest.

Kathryn Thomas practices her script pre show...............

amaaaazing.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

The standard in this is woeful.
    Yet to hear someone who can hold a tune.

I'm going to go with Calesa, Nigel, Michael and Emmet. My last two are tactical because I think Michael will get through because of the Dublin vote(but I think Matheus is a better singer) and Emmet cause all the young ones will vote for him. I think Calsea and Nigel are the two best singers in the contest.

I thought only one from each team could go through??

• Advertisement

Monaghan's not in Dublin, is it...........;)

What am I missing about Michael?? Is it his looks?? I think he is just an average enough busker type. His voice is very pitch also.

Seriously, what am I missing here!!

Some self raising flour?

Monaghan's not in Dublin, is it...........;)

Oops...

I thought only one from each team could go through??

Yes you're right and Im not even drunk!!

I just assumed the best four got through and it didnt matter who's team they were on. Im nearly sure thats the way it was done on the UK Voice?

Some self raising flour?

12982-bab67ef05d2832634d65a0cc79eaace0.jpg

ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I just assumed the best four got through and it didnt matter who's team they were on. Im nearly sure thats the way it was done on the UK Voice?

As far as I remember, it was best 4 last year and Kian had no act in final.
    Should be best 4 but it's one of each this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

The standard in this is woeful.
    Yet to hear someone who can hold a tune.

truly dire the bits I could bear to watch.

They are a pretty dull bunch arent they!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Aww happy with all except Mateus..Thought he should have got through

As far as I remember, it was best 4 last year and Kian had no act in final.
    Should be best 4 but it's one of each this year.

You are actually right yeah. Just check out Wikipedia page of Voice of Ireland

Two best singers voted out tonight! Shocked Laura got through.. I like her voice but obviously being a Brazilian worked against Matheus! Sickened Moylan was voted out. I honestly believe that she was the only singer left that could possibly have been successful! Nigel and Calesa are brilliant singers...but they are not going to be successful outside the show. Michael is becoming a little bland for me too...though I still like him well enough.

I think it was clearly a mistake to go back to the one person from each team format! At this stage of the competition, common sense tells us that the best (or at the very least) most popular singers should go through! And judging by what the host said about Michael and Moylan's vote being so close, I think she would have obviously have went through ahead of Laura at the very least. I wonder if the switch back might have something to do with Cian's rock guy not getting through last year to the final??

Ok so let me get this straight. Some of the singers who didn't get through tonight could well have gotten more votes then someone who did get through? That seems a bit ridiculous.

Even though the four that got through probably deserved it, well apart from maybe swapping Michael for Matheus.

Ok so let me get this straight. Some of the singers who didn't get through tonight could well have gotten more votes then someone who did get through? That seems a bit ridiculous.

Even though the four that got through probably deserved it, well apart from maybe swapping Michael for Matheus.

Exactly!

Moylan deserved it by far over those two.

Moylan genuinely has star quality... I would have loved to hear her tackle something from Portishead or Kate Bush in the final! Oh well, looks like it could be a bore fest in the final!

Peoples tastes in singers is a very subjective thing. What you like I might hate and vice versa even though I thought Moylan wasn't too bad tonight.

Peoples tastes in singers is a very subjective thing. What you like I might hate and vice versa even though I thought Moylan wasn't too bad tonight.

I'm well aware of that concept!! I was merely responding!! There isnt a science. But I seriously dont get the fuss about this Michael guy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Cannot believe Laura got through. Especially over Matheus. Glad in 1 way as it removes a very similar singer to Michael from the final.

Personally I think Nigel is the most deserving winner for his talent and attitude but really hope Michael can give Bressie another Monaghan winner!

Advertisement