Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ok, how many times can Katherine get "amazing or brilliant" into the next few minutes..........

4 so far, Come on Katherine, you are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Katherine is amazingly awful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

You cant beat the fact that guys dont vote in these sort of competitions, and young girls will always vote for the good looking guys.

Though, I myself was fully on board with the Sligo crowd after Kian Egan's "Mná na hEireann" speech.

"This is just the beginning"

"This is just the start"

Ha, ridiculous Ms Thomas, amazingly ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I thought Laura would have got the Dub vote

but delighted to see Michael win

hopefully he'll pack in the meat job

• Advertisement

Well I know I won't be buying/downloading that song

Oh ffs, what a terrible song to end the competition with. Dear God.

has he nothing uplifting?

Ok, how many times can Katherine get "amazing or brilliant" into the next few minutes..........

10 times.

Well done Katherine. Even for you that was an amazing performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well deserved by Michael

Feel awful for Nigel though I have to say. He does deserve to be better known than he is... though being in the competition ensures that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The poor guy doesn't look remotely happy winning it i mean its probably that meaningless isn't it. Disgrace for RTE to fund it.

• Advertisement

Annnnyway.................what have we learned tonight people...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Just a thing about that song that bugs me......

Why is the dad telling his 11 year old son to get a wife or he will be lonely?!

Jesus that was fairly underwhelming. A few awkward hugs. Given that RTE extended the budget to include BMX bikers and gymasts, I would have thought that they would have bought a few balloons and fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

And that is likely to be the last time we hear from any of those singers...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

Kelesa would have been a very good winner but he's an embarrassing one.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    The poor guy doesn't look remotely happy winning it i mean its probably that meaningless isn't it. Disgrace for RTE to fund it.

What have the viewing figures been like this year?

As for it being meaningless. Can you name an easier way to secure a €100,000 recording contract? :pac:

What the contestants that enter contract do is out of RTE's hands. It's up to themselves to build on the platform provided.

RTE just cares about viewer numbers and advertising sales... not the long term careers of those competing.

vkid wrote: »
    And that is likely to be the last time we hear from any of those singers...

I wonder in 2116 will there be some sort of State commemoration to remember us heroic viewers who sat through it??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Should have been Kelesa.

What have the viewing figures been like this year?

As for it being meaningless. Can you name an easier way to secure a €100,000 recording contract? :pac:
    OK so that why he isn't happy its 100k recording contract poor guy just wants the cash I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

I'm happy enough for Michael... I think he has potential and he nailed that 7 years song! Tough on Kelesa too because she produced quality performances week in , week out! Nigel's followers didn't look too happy!

Funnily enough, I think Laura produced the best performances tonight...the girl certainly has vindicated herself. Love her tone :)

• Advertisement

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    OK so that why he isn't happy its 100k recording contract poor guy just wants the cash I'm guessing.

He seems like a fairly subdued sort of fella generally. I think you're being unfair by painting him as someone who doesn't care about winning the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

He seems like a fairly subdued sort of fella generally. I think you're being unfair by painting him as someone who doesn't care about winning the thing.

Yes, he seems like a very introverted type of person when he's not performing. I'd be surprised if he's not brimming over with pride inside.

I hope the show gives Nigel and Kalesa some sort of platform because they were certainly the most professional performers of the last four. Even though I do agree with Smeg that Laura was actually quite good tonight.

Maybe Nicky's band will hook up with the winner. Seemed a very professional outfit the guy doing the air guitar impersonation and the drummer who never hits cymbals on cue? I'm sure after they blow(not coke) the money in the studio making the hits they could tour the world selling out arenas and things?

Annnnyway.................what have we learned tonight people...........

We have learned that Katherine likes to say Amazing a lot and Eoghan and herself are not very good presenters and everyone is Amazing and Fantastic :D

How did I do :D Do I win a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wanted Michael or Nigel to win, I just don't like Kelesa. She was very gracious in defeat though, nice to see her throw herself at Michael for a hug :)

Poor Nigel. He's probably the most professional in the contest. Hilarious that he cursed though :D

Autosport wrote: »
    We have learned that Katherine likes to say Amazing a lot and Eoghan and herself are not very good presenters and everyone is Amazing and Fantastic :D

How did I do :D Do I win a prize?

Sure we are all winners! The Voice has come to an end!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Michael the winner's single 7 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Michael the winner's single 7 years?

I was wondering that too. They could hardly release it and it probably still in the charts with Lukas Graham?

I doubt it will be. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dragged through the circuit between now and September. Gear up for a single release at Christmas and album in November

He's part of the machine now in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

callaway92 wrote: »
    Who's the favourite to win? The Northern Irish guy is it?

I'd like Kelesa to win. Haven't seen the show in weeks.

Last time I checked I don't live in Northern Ireland and nor does Michael. Learn a wee bit of geography hai.
    theglobe wrote: »
    Kelesa would have been a very good winner but he's an embarrassing one.

Kelesa is amazing and really deserves a great shot at a career, as does Nigel, but I cannot see how the lovely Michael is in anyway an embarrassment? He is a good looking young lad with a fantastic voice and has every chance to make a good career for himself.

Am delighted. There was loads of cheering in our house tonight. G'wan Michael. :D:D:D:D

oh and since Monaghan have won the Voice twice now out of the 5 years, does that mean we are the most talented county in Ireland? :D

Advertisement