Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I doubt it will be. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dragged through the circuit between now and September. Gear up for a single release at Christmas and album in November

He's part of the machine now in any case.

I predict him in panto at Christmas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

I doubt it will be. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dragged through the circuit between now and September. Gear up for a single release at Christmas and album in November

He's part of the machine now in any case.

I thought Kathyrn Thomas at the end said that song is on Itunes tonight? Maybe I heard her wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I predict him in panto at Christmas :p

Well since he has been in a few in Monaghan already, I wouldn't be shocked! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is Michael the winner's single 7 years?

It is in fact : currently #157 on iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »

A truly awful song. Both lyrically and musically!! I hate it! And he hasn't exactly the personality or showmanship to make it ANY way better!!

I mean, seriously, read those lyrics!! They are stuff an 8 year old would write, when he was a year older!!

Once I was seven years old, my mama told me,
    "Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely."
    Once I was seven years old

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger
    Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker
    By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor
    Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

Once I was eleven years old, my daddy told me,
    "Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely."
    Once I was eleven years old

I always had that dream, like my daddy before me
    So I started writing songs, I started writing stories
    Something about that glory just always seemed to bore me
    'Cause only those I really love will ever really know me

Once I was twenty years old, my story got told
    Before the morning sun, when life was lonely
    Once I was twenty years old

(Lukas Graham!)

I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure
    'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major
    I got my boys with me, at least those in favor
    And if we don't meet before I leave, I hope I'll see you later

Once I was twenty years old, my story got told
    I was writing about everything I saw before me
    Once I was twenty years old

Soon we'll be thirty years old, our songs have been sold
    We've traveled around the world and we're still roaming
    Soon we'll be thirty years old

I'm still learning about life
    My woman brought children for me
    So I can sing them all my songs
    And I can tell them stories
    Most of my boys are with me
    Some are still out seeking glory
    And some I had to leave behind
    My brother, I'm still sorry

Soon I'll be sixty years old, my daddy got sixty-one
    Remember life, and then your life becomes a better one
    I made a man so happy when I wrote a letter once
    I hope my children come and visit once or twice a month

Soon I'll be sixty years old, will I think the world is cold
    Or will I have a lot of children who can warm me?
    Soon I'll be sixty years old

(Repeat)

Once I was seven years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

I only dipped in and out of the show this year but really, another male winner? Come on now. You'd wonder why the girls even bother turning up with the voting demographic this show attracts.

Taco Chips wrote: »
    I only dipped in and out of the show this year but really, another male winner? Come on now. You'd wonder why the girls even bother turning up with the voting demographic this show attracts.

Apart from family/friends I doubt many people vote at all. Ive never met anyone that has stated they have voted for an Irish "talent" show!

Strazdas wrote: »

I thought it might at least make "7"......... Get it.....7....., no?

7IyFrJD.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Apart from family/friends I doubt many people vote at all. Ive never met anyone that has stated they have voted for an Irish "talent" show!

Well kian did say he was voting for Kelsea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else think Kelsey was over rated, her performance of Sax was very poor tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone else think Kelsey was over rated, her performance of Sax was very poor tonight

Agree with you on that, didn't think much of her shouting I mean singing :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Well kian did say he was voting for Kelsea :D

Me and Kian dont talk. Long story. So I couldnt of known he voted!! Sure Kian and Kelesa are friends!! In fact I genuinely think he knew she was coming on, as I am a bit of a cynic!! She would have got in regardless though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

She was poor tonight but overall I thought she was pretty good. In fairness they were all poor tonight, well funnily enough Laura wasn't too bad.

Maybe its just a case of burn out. Like that show drags on and on, I would imagine people get tired and just pissed off.

Its a show that could be run in four weeks if they cut out all the crap and nonsense.

Anyone else think Kelsey MICHAEL was over rated, her performance of Sax was very poor tonight All his performances were bland and karaokeish

Ahem, me.........

lBcP5q6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Thank god that's over. A truly awful show. Westlife's crown is the funniest part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I enjoyed the introductory performance that looked a bit like Celebrity Squares. Also enjoyed the fact that Eoghan McD and Katherine were included in it.

Enjoyed Eoghan's rapping and dancing performance towards the end of the show. It made me smile.

Gutted for Nigel that he did not win. Michael has a beautiful voice, but IMO, has a lot of "growing " to do before he is ready to take this on full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Watched some of it at the start ..soon got fed up with all the female singers trying to sound like Adele,Beyonce etc...it seems to have turned in to .karaoke basically....and the coupe that didn't follow the herd got voted off pronto...
    Sad imo....

Think that chap that won deserved it though...I also felt that he could have nailed a Prince song at the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No more Voice of Ireland for 2017. It is set to be replaced by Dancing With The Stars/Strictly Come Dancing!

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0803/806722-rte-swaps-the-voice-for-dancing-with-the-stars/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

An Irish version of Strictly? Eek. This'll be awful, but maybe in an entertaining way!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

dee_mc wrote: »
    An Irish version of Strictly? Eek. This'll be awful, but maybe in an entertaining way!

No it will be füçkîng terrible, end of.

At least with the voice the contestants were regular Joe nobodies, and you could perhaps root for them,

An Irish version of strictly????

Let me guess: Twink, Ray D'Arcy, Nadia Forde, whoever is shagging Ronan Keating at the moment, one of the Healy-Rae's, Trappatoni's translater plus about 3/4 other nobody's that nobody gives 2 fûčks about. No Thanks.

And we're the silly pr1cks paying for it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ah I know Andy, I'm just trying to be positive and hoping for that familiar RTE 'so bad it's nearly kinda good' vibe :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

RTE should be voided. Its complete and utter bollix. Cookery shows. Sending some gob****e around the world over the summmer. Croiden i think his name is. Sending obscene money on a olmpics that nobody gives a ****e about. RTE is a washout. More interested in following gypysise and cheap voice x factor bollix shows that showing or producing shows. Pure and utter waste of public money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Dancing with the stars on rte. Will probably full of rte canteen staff or dustin offspring. Or whoever model or brian ormonds ma's sisters dog. etc. PLANKS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Anybody see this story about former contestant Alan Fitzsimons.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/finalist-on-rtes-the-voice-sexually-assaulted-former-colleague-on-night-out-34928625.html

Finalist on RTE's The Voice sexually assaulted former colleague on night out

He was certainly wrong to do what he did, but it seems like a massive over-reaction on behalf of the other staff member. Alan Fitzsimons lost his job over it, and I can't imagine it would be easy to get another with something like that on your record.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That is unbelievable.

He was probably one of the last people in my mind to admit to sexual assault onto a work colleague. He always had a very feminine look to him whenever he was singing on The Voice. He had that element of being very lucky with his time on the show with the way he was getting through with the live voting. Now he has thrown away that chance of trying to live a good life with this now hanging over his head. I have no sympathy for him for whatever he did to the victim. His life is now ruined & that is the end of it.

I remember seeing him in OTT years ago. With him being in a pop music boyband he would have been the last person to ever get a criminal record attached to their own reputation whenever their musical career has completely finished for good. The amount of fans that he had amassed during his career from years ago will probably drift away from him now.

It is the only way to teach him a long & hard time in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

He had that element of being very lucky with his time on the show with the way he was getting through with the live voting.

Lucky? As I watched Alan Fitzsimons (an excellent singer, part of a boyband who just didnt get the right breaks) singing on The Voice and Kian Egan (A crap singer, who didnt sing a note with Westlife, but is now a millionaire) sitting in judgement on his efforts, the word lucky was certainly not adjective that came to my mind.

tbh, I hate all that guys grabbing guys stuff, even in jest. But I just think it's a huge price to pay for something that didnt really cause any harm.

Advertisement