Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Like her voice too and she comes across as a very nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Has a great voice but is it versatile enough for other songs?

That's difficult to answer but his full voice was very, very strong and he moved into falsetto fairly effortlessly which would make me think that he should manage other styles but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

CFlat wrote: »
    That's difficult to answer but his full voice was very, very strong and he moved into falsetto fairly effortlessly which would make me think that he should manage other styles but time will tell.

He has a background in youth theatre and I think pantomimes so am sure he has had to sing a lot of different types of stuff and that should all help with his stage presence too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

For the first time ever, I found Voice of Ireland to be more entertaining than it's British counterpart. The judges got on with pressing their buttons, instead of messing around. Granted the talent was nothing much to write home about. At least, I was spared the irritation of putting up with Judge Paloma Faith on the British version and the lengthy soul-searching the judges put into pressing their buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Smegmaniac17

Witchie wrote: »
    Loved her live. Amazing voice.

Who are you talking about?? Were you at the Battles too? And if so, could you give us a list of 7 or 8 of the best performers? Generally, I have found over the years that the standard of the battles has been much poorer than the Blinds and I think it's probably more to do with the coaches lazily making dud pairings and giving the acts songs that they are clearly not suited to or not capable of singing (with the exception of Bressie, perhaps). Were there many outstanding battles this year or was it more of the same! And also, were there any particular singers who didn't particularly stand out in the blinds that turned out to be class in the battles??

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm trying to figure out who'd be a good bet with Paddy power :P

• Advertisement

Who are you talking about?? Were you at the Battles too? And if so, could you give us a list of 7 or 8 of the best performers? Generally, I have found over the years that the standard of the battles has been much poorer than the Blinds and I think it's probably more to do with the coaches lazily making dud pairings and giving the acts songs that they are clearly not suited to or not capable of singing (with the exception of Bressie, perhaps). Were there many outstanding battles this year or was it more of the same! And also, were there any particular singers who didn't particularly stand out in the blinds that turned out to be class in the battles??

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm trying to figure out who'd be a good bet with Paddy power :P

Should these questions be answered before the show airs? If so I hope spoiler will be used.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Should these questions be answered before the show airs? If so I hope spoiler will be used.

Ahh I am not asking too much I don't think so. Sure you even hear the coaches talk about the show on 2fm during the week and saying about which contestants they think could go all the way or who performed well at the battles! They wouldn't be saying this if the singers did not get through...plus, in the new format , the majority of singers make it through to the live knockouts... 70%, I think...so I don't think it gives away too much. Plus, it doesn't say anything about which singers didn't make it! I am just pretty curious and witchie has no qualms about saying who he/she thinks is good or not, judging by this thread, at least!

Why not take it to PM, then?

I can't talk about the battles yet as we were sworn to secrecy! I was only there for one of them and thankfully my overall favourite went through and there were a few other fantastic singers who went through and 1 or 2 that I was shocked didn't get through.

That is all I am saying on it!

I was speaking about Jessica, the girl who did The Scientist on Sunday nights show.

I can't talk about the battles yet as we were sworn to secrecy! I was only there for one of them and thankfully my overall favourite went through and there were a few other fantastic singers who went through and 1 or 2 that I was shocked didn't get through.

I was speaking about Jessica, the girl who did The Scientist on Sunday nights show.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. Were you shocked they didn't get through because they had made such a good blind audition performance or such a good battle performance? Or was it because the other singer was not great!

Just as a matter of interest, judging by the battles, who do you think has the strongest team?? Were there some surprise packets?

Thanks for your reply. Were you shocked they didn't get through because they had made such a good blind audition performance or such a good battle performance? Or was it because the other singer was not great!

Just as a matter of interest, judging by the battles, who do you think has the strongest team?? Were there some surprise packets?

Some of them I hadn't seen in the blinds and was only judging on the battles and was thinking that they deserved to go through but didn't. There were 1 or 2 good steals but the day I was there, most of the judges had used up or nearly used up their quota of steals so one or 2 very deserving people slipped through the net and made an early exit.

As for the teams, as I only saw a few from each team it is hard to judge but I think Rachel has the winner. ;)

Some of them I hadn't seen in the blinds and was only judging on the battles and was thinking that they deserved to go through but didn't. There were 1 or 2 good steals but the day I was there, most of the judges had used up or nearly used up their quota of steals so one or 2 very deserving people slipped through the net and made an early exit.

As for the teams, as I only saw a few from each team it is hard to judge but I think Rachel has the winner. ;)

I'm guessing you're a fan of Ciaran so!!!

I'm guessing you're a fan of Ciaran so!!!

Ummm what gave it away? He was unreal live. Blew us all away.

But that said Rachel has 1 or 2 others that impressed but I can't rem their names off the top of my head.

If Ciaran doesn't win it would love wee Michael from Monaghan to win! :D

Ummm what gave it away? He was unreal live. Blew us all away.

But that said Rachel has 1 or 2 others that impressed but I can't rem their names off the top of my head.

If Ciaran doesn't win it would love wee Michael from Monaghan to win! :D

Yeah, he seems like a strong contestant! Hate that John Legend song he sang but his voice was great! Ciaran must have nailed it in the battles too if you are still so excited about him! Which coaches made the best steals?? Did you get to see David Idioh in the battles? He is one of my favorites? Or Laura O 'Connor??

Yeah, he seems like a strong contestant! Hate that John Legend song he sang but his voice was great! Ciaran must have nailed it in the battles too if you are still so excited about him! Which coaches made the best steals?? Did you get to see David Idioh in the battles? He is one of my favorites? Or Laura O 'Connor??

I won't say any more. ;)

I won't say any more. ;)

Well, that must mean that David didn't make it :(((

Well, that must mean that David didn't make it :(((
    Enough is enough!

I didn't say that. Am not gonna spoil anything for anyone so am keeping my fingers and mouth zipped!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Here we go, final blind auditions of this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who's watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I m watching (for my sins) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm here..She does have a good voice but nerves or something did leave her down..

Same :D

It's going ok so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'll be along in a minute, just cooking dinner.
    Do we go straight into blinds next week or is there a cringey 'bootcamp' type stage in between?

Anyone know how many spots each have left to fill? Must be a risk waiting till the end to fill your spots or is the show edited to ensure each fill their spots?

I don't know how many spaces they left

Cool Dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

this one is either great craic or a tad full of herself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This ones attitude stinks.

Advertisement