Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republican Sinn Fein march

• 03-01-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Was driving past the prison today when I saw a peculiar bunch of people marching down mulgrave street.

They were holding republican sinn fein flags and wearing combat gear with green scarves covering their faces. A bit scary looking. There was also a young kid also dressed the same plus perhaps 30 other people, a lot of them quite elderly.

Anyone else see them? I presume it's got something to do with the 1916 rising.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Don't they do that every year to commemorate Seán South?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think there are two marches (two different organisers, probably a split in the camp) every year around 1st January to mark the death of Sean South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

South would turn in his grave if he spotted the crowd out honouring him.

An File wrote: »
    Don't they do that every year to commemorate Seán South?
    phog wrote: »
    I think there are two marches (two different organisers, probably a split in the camp) every year around 1st January to mark the death of Sean South.

Wow! Really? First I've ever heard of this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wow! Really? First I've ever heard of this.

Some years it even makes the local papers! :P I think it's usually a small enough thing. There isn't even much about it on Google.

• Advertisement
Advertisement