Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Freezer

Options
  • 03-01-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace my fridge freezer and I was wondering if anyone has spotted and bargains in the sales. I'll be looking for a frost free freezer with a good energy rating, budget of about 400. Any advice will be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you want a 50:50, 60:40, 70:30 type, color preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Probably 60/40. Colour isn't a big deal to be honest, black may be preferable but not a deal breaker.

DID are doing a Whirlpool in white with 2 year warranty for €380 delivered.

Euronics are doing a Stainless Steel Beko with 2 year warranty for €399 with a non plumbed water dispenser. Don't know about whether they charge for delivery or if you need delivered

Power City are doing a Beko in white for €329. 2 year warranty. Again, don't know about delivery.

Harvey Norman are doing a Hotpoint for €289, think they're only 1 year warranty though, but you can do a 4 year plan for €89 and still be under budget
    Rest Assured that you and your purchases are protected with a HN Product Care Plan. Should you experience a confirmed failure of your goods you are entitled to unlimited repairs at no additional cost. Where repairs are unable to be completed, a replacement will be arranged to ensure you have peace of mind knowing you are always covered. Conditions Apply.

Just thinking now, don't know if the hotpoint is frost free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Nice one Colm, thanks for the advice. I like the look of the Beko one with the water dispenser. I was reading over a few reviews and not one made reference to the dispenser though. I wonder if it's any use. That's a big help anyway, thanks again

• Advertisement

It's basically just a tank in the door. It's obviously not as useful as a plumbed ice and water dispenser, but it's a good idea if you want the family to drink more water, it doesn't seem to take much space in the door, and you don't have the added worry of it going wrong as you would with a plumbed one.

I've had a Beko dishwasher from 2010 till recently (only changed it cos new kitchen) and it was perfect. Better designed than the one I got instead. Have a Beko oven too and there's not a bother on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

One benefit of the non plumbed design is you don't have to go pulling it out when the filter needs changing.

Advertisement