Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old boxer cough and shaking

• 03-01-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

My 11 year old boxer had developed a slight cough last night he ate his food and drank alot of water.
    I brought him inside but today he has gotten worse and he is not moving much and shaking.

I'm bringing him to the vet tomorrow morning but for tonight is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Hi. That sounds very worrying for you. I think I would phone the vet now, they nearly always have an out of hours telephone number, even if they don't see you tonight they will be able to advise you. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would just make sure he is comfortable and warm but if you are very worried maybe you can call the emergency vet as there is usually a vet on call in every practice.
    Hope your doggy will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

He is sleeping now and is warm and comfortable so I will get onto the vet first thing in the morning the number is ringing out hopefully he will be ok

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

cintec wrote: »
    He is sleeping now and is warm and comfortable so I will get onto the vet first thing in the morning the number is ringing out hopefully he will be ok

Best wishes, good luck

It's hard when our pets get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Thanks guys unfortunately I brought him to the vet this morning and the vet said his heart was failing and he was put to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Ach. :(

Sorry to hear that cintec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Awh no. That is so sad. So sorry to hear that. Run free old boy x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

sorry to read that op.
    it was the first thing i thought of when i read your post.
    our terrier's heart start to fail so quickly in june 2014. he went from full of beans to a dog who just couldn't find the srength to move in less than two weeks. the cough happened when he would lie down.
    it's so awful and so sad.

so sorry about your dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

That's heartbreaking. :( I'm so sorry!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm very sorry to read that, I hope you are ok. Take your time and let yourself grieve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah no :(
    Sorry to hear that OP.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

So sorry to hear that, I hope you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Poor doggie :( Sleep tight :(

Advertisement