Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job vacancies east Donegal?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I've been on the job hunt now for a few months. In a nut shell I am hoping to get 2-3 days per week in retail or admin. I'm trawling the papers and job sites but with very little luck. Anything I have applied for I either haven't had a response or is weekend work which I'm not available for due to family commitments. The one piece of advice I am getting over and over is 'spread the word!' So are any of you fine folk in the know when it comes to job vacancies in the Letterkenny/Finn valley area?? Or know the best site/paper to look?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I was looking for quite some time in the same areas but was looking for full time. Problem is everything seems to be job-bridge and I have a good bit of experience already. I'm doing a course now so have something to fill my days but still keeping my eyes open. There really is nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LillyO

Oh really? That's frustrating :( have you looked at Pramerica and United health? They are recruiting a lot at the mo too.
    I've looked in to courses in the Rossan college but they are big money!
    I finished up 8 months maternity cover on NYE and am on a downer starting the new year as unemployed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Pramerica is a software development company, they don't have an admin department in Letterkenny as far as I know.

I've worked in United Healthcare before. Got a completely rubbish reference from them. Just a piece of paper with your start and finish date. The skills used there are not really transferable to other types of admin either, it's a very specific job they do there. No interest in going back. My qualifications are in accounts so I really want to be doing at least some accounts. I've been out of it for too long though hence the course to brush up.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Garys petworld Letterkenny are accepting CVs for retail positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

LillyO wrote: »
    I've been on the job hunt now for a few months. In a nut shell I am hoping to get 2-3 days per week in retail or admin. I'm trawling the papers and job sites but with very little luck. Anything I have applied for I either haven't had a response or is weekend work which I'm not available for due to family commitments.

The weekends are the busiest times in retail. Jobs are limited and will go to those able to work Saturdays/Sundays/bank holidays and school holidays. You might be better looking at other options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement