Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the music scene/bands?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I'm 23 and a drummer. Heavily interested in noise rock, messy/dark psychedelic music, other forms of underground rock, also some queer punk.

I know that's kinda waaaay out there but I'm just wondering is there much of a music scene in the city in that regards?

Everything I've found so far seems to just be mainstream and generic rock, indie and metal. Was looking for a bit more.

Does such a thing even exist in the city? It's prob a shame I'm not in the IT as I'd prob have much more chance of making a connection there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Queer. Punk.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dissolve

Queer. Punk.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

If you're on fb I'd suggest joining the Dole City Punx group. They run gigs in town and it might be a starting place to find other folks into similar music or local bands.

Unfortunately, one of the lads who runs the group is a good mate of mine but has recently moved from Waterford but I'm figuring on there being others around.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you don't get anywhere on this one. It's not a musical area I'm actively involved in but would be happy to ask around.

Queer punk? :D I must confess to having heard this expression quite often.

best of luck mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Whats Queer punk ? whats their band practice like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Whats Queer punk ? whats their band practice like ?

im not sure i wanna know the answer to this:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dissolve

It's just a subgenre that explores queer topics, just read the wiki page on it. Its only a small thing I enjoy, and would be a bonus to meet like minded people :)
    its a fairly underground scene i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nobotherkid!

Search for 'Waterford Musicians Noticeboard' on Facebook, and request to join group. Theres a big community of bands and musicians looking for each other there regularly, of all types of genres, including those that you've just mentioned

Advertisement