Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a house

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I don't know how many single parents are on boards, but would like to throw out a question out there..

How can ye afford rent? Do you work full time? If any of ye lived at home, how did you move out ? I need to move out of my parents home for reasons I don't want to get into here.. I will look into social housing but afraid I won't be seen as needing a house as my mam has room for me and my daughter.. I am not unappreciative, I am very grateful

I'd just love to know how others do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I think a lot of people work and then ask grandparents to mind the kids at least some of the time. This might not be an option for you though if you're trying to distance yourself from your mam.
    Even rent on its own is crazily expensive though.
    A lot of Eastern European families seem to flat/house share with friends rather than having a place all by themselves.
    You'd need friends that loved having your kid around though to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I think a lot of people work and then ask grandparents to mind the kids at least some of the time. This might not be an option for you though if you're trying to distance yourself from your mam.
    Even rent on its own is crazily expensive though.
    A lot of Eastern European families seem to flat/house share with friends rather than having a place all by themselves.
    You'd need friends that loved having your kid around though to do this!

Advertisement