If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a home cinema package

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Budget €800

The speaker package I want is the Wharfedale DX1 HCP €380 {This is not optional)

Now that leaves me with €420 to buy an AV Reciever, sub Woofer cable and delivery.

I really want 4k upscaling as a feature, but if I can't due to budget then I was looking at the YAMAHA RXV379. Is that a good option for those speakers?

My wishlist for the amp would be:

Something that will use the speakers to their best.
    4k Upscaling.
    At-least 3 HDMI in and 1 out.
    3D Ready.
    Dolby ProLogic.
    Dolby Digital.
    Dolby HD.
    DTS.
    DTS HD.
    HDMI Audio.
    HDCP 2.2.
    At-least 1 Optical Input.

I know the desire to have 4k upscaling is a major problem here whilst trying to stay in budget, so any help would be appreciated. If you can advise me on what reciever would be best with the above speaker with and without 4k upscaling.

Also, is there anyway as a customer to tell if something is in stock? I have looked all over the products page and don't see an obvious "in stock" or "out of stock" message.

Regards and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Ok, I talked to a nice man named Jamie. I have decided on the Yamaha RXV379 as it fits my budget.
    He was very helpful, but if I had one minor gripe it would be the time it took to have my call answered. It took me over an hour of calls before I got an answer, hopefully this could be improved upon.

Anyway I love your prices and the staff are friendly when you eventually do get through. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. I have my eye on a 4k tv. :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ok, I talked to a nice man named Jamie. I have decided on the Yamaha RXV379 as it fits my budget.
    He was very helpful, but if I had one minor gripe it would be the time it took to have my call answered. It took me over an hour of calls before I got an answer, hopefully this could be improved upon.

Anyway I love your prices and the staff are friendly when you eventually do get through. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. I have my eye on a 4k tv.   :)
    Hi Irish Os1r1s.

Thanks you for the order and apologies for the time taken to get through. We have been running very busy here at the store.
    We do call all voice mails back throughout the day as quickly as we can.

Should you have any setup questions or need any advice please drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.