Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions about a non-resident account

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

I'm a Northerner looking to open a non-resident account in the south for the bits of work I pick up south of the border. It says on the website that I need the following two things:

Proof of address - can I print out a statement from my Northern bank or northern phone company, or does it have to be a hard copy directly from them? I'm on paperless billing for both. 

Character reference - can this be anyone?

And lastly, can I deposit cheques and cash and get a card like normal accounts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning Zcott,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

You can use eStatements as your form of proof of address. A mobile phone bill however, will not be accepted as a valid form of proof of address. A character reference will have to be someone in a professional capacity who is authorised to give character references, this would be someone like a solicitor, police, priest or bank manager.

We would advise asking your current bank manager for a reference, and this would have to be an original print on headed paper and/or stamped.

A current account will have a visa debit card, and you can deposit cash and cheques while in the Republic of Ireland at any of our branches. Some banks will also have external Lodgement ATM's enabling you to lodge cheques & cash outside branch hours for your convenience.

If you would like to arrange a meeting to open an account you can do this online here; https://goo.gl/5Gs2vl You can also call 1890354454 (from Republic of Ireland or 0035314044000 from Northern Ireland). I hope this answers your query fully and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great, thanks :-)

Advertisement