Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account

Options
  • 04-01-2016 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi
     I do most of my banking online through 365. I requested a current account closure after paying off my Mortgage last year. I have now received a current account fee to the account I thought of as closed which leaves the unclosed account in arrears.
    What must I do to ensure an account is closed and why can I not do by myself online.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning Colm Cummins,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

It is not possible to close an account online as we require written confirmation of the request. You can do this by dropping into one of our branches and requesting it with one of our advisors. Alternatively you can post in your request, the balance will have to be zero to do this.

Once the account is closed, you will receive a closing balance statement to your registered address once this is done.

Thanks,

Evie

Advertisement