Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog with Stomach Ulcers

• 04-01-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a dog with stomach ulcers and would have any advise on how to help their dog and alleviate symptoms or at least not aggravate the condition?

One of my CKC dogs Archie has been getting sick on and off since last May and has been with the vet on numerous occasions and has had lots of blood work and also xrays done to rules out alot of conditions and we are now currently waiting on a referral appointment for the ucd veterinary hospital to have an endoscopy done to confirm a diagnosis of ulcers or bleeding ulcers.

Archie has dropped from nearly 9kgs to just 7kgs in recent months as he has gotten worse...vomiting more and has become less interested in eating, so the vet has advised for now to feed him anything he will eat that won't aggregate his stomach so its mostly bland food. So I'm looking for any advise anyone might have if they have had experience with this as I don't want him to fade away on us. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you can handle the "aroma" :p tripe is supposed to be one of the gentlest things for their stomachs. Mark in Slaneypetfoods.ie usually does a run every second Wednesday where you get free shipping and will have a post up on FB when he's doing one ;)

Hope you get to the bottom of it and he's feeling better soon OP! :)

PS I wonder would you get an appointment quicker with Cara vet in Ballycoolin? (Probably cheaper too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

tk123 wrote: »
    PS I wonder would you get an appointment quicker with Cara vet in Ballycoolin? (Probably cheaper too!)

Thanks, after getting an appointment for Wednesday morning so hopefully we will get him sorted soon - think the xmas break and all that delayed things, but at least there is movement now. Thanks for the tripe suggestion, everything is worth trying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks, after getting an appointment for Wednesday morning so hopefully we will get him sorted soon - think the xmas break and all that delayed things, but at least there is movement now. Thanks for the tripe suggestion, everything is worth trying!!

Good luck!

Advertisement