Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Rate Expiry

Options
  • 04-01-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received my fixed rate expiry in December.

It contained incorrect new rates based off a LTV of >= 80%

I contacted BOI and they explained that this was incorrect my LTV was < 60% and sent me out new rates. They also explained as did a member in the Little Island branch that if I want to split the mortgage between fixed and variable I would need to write this on the letter and send it back.

On this rate letter I added that I now wanted to pay:

66% 3 year fixed
    34% variable 
    and overpay the variable by 400 pre month.

I then received a letter on the 23rd of December saying I was being moved to a variable rate (ignoring my notes on the letter), worse still the variable rate I was being moved to was based off a LTV > 80%.

I am very disappointed with the mistakes being made by Bank of Ireland in this case, especially since these mistakes tend to be in Bank of Ireland's favour.

Can someone contact me as soon as possible to get this resolved.

// Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning GaryCocs,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie and firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, we would like to arrange this callback for you this morning. Can you please PM your full name and contact number and we will have someone call you back as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Evie

Advertisement