Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a House in Tullamore

Options
  • 04-01-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are considering relocating to Tullamore with the view to purchasing somewhere in the next year at some point. Just curious has anyone any recommendations on particular areas to live or not to live as the case may be. Have been browsing on Daft, there appears to be a number of houses in Chancery Park, Green and Close, Harbour Walk, Hophill, Church Hill would any of you guys be able to fill me in on the pros and cons of those particular estates I guess.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Harbour Walk is nice and quiet, mainly occupied by home owners/family's, close to the hospital and the town center,schools. Hophill is nice, mostly family's, with some rented properties and close to the aura leisure center, gaelscoil and shopping/ town. Chancery Park is a mixture of home owner and rental properties, close to ever thing and not known for trouble. Church hill was built on land that used to retain water/flood years ago, also had a lot of problems with the big freeze a few years ago. Front of the estate was never finished. of the estates mentioned, church hill is easily, bottom of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LTLOB

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is most informative. Will have to spend a d ay driving around to familiarise ourselves with the different estates. Thanks again.

LTLOB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Some nice estates to check out would be

Spollenstown Wood, close to train station and town centre but still a nice quite area

Glendaniel/Moylena , housing estate with all detached bungalow's, still close enough to walk into town but is quite too

Charleville View/Adam's Villas, a little bit out from the town centre (1km), all houses are detached though

Arden Vale, a little bit out from the town centre (1km), all houses are detached though

Advertisement