Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies who run...do ye buy junior size trainers??

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies...I just notice that the ASIC I usually buy are €30 cheaper in junior range. Has anyone ever bought the junior size 5 instead of the adults female?? Is there much of a difference??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Hi ladies...I just notice that the ASIC I usually buy are €30 cheaper in junior range. Has anyone ever bought the junior size 5 instead of the adults female?? Is there much of a difference??

Interesting - do they only have certain ones & what size do they go up to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Goes up to 5.5 kit...can't see what the difference is to be honest....x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Afaik it's just the tax / revenue.ie thing - no vat on sizes less than 5.5

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/footwear.html
    5) Sports leisure footwear

Sports leisure footwear (trainer type footwear) is normally designed in three separate ranges, i.e. for men, for women, and for children. Accordingly, men's and women's ranges are taxable in all sizes and children's ranges are zero-rated (except for any sizes exceeding 5½).

Thanks - don't suppose tgry do Kayanos for kids though ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There is a massive difference between kids shoes and adult shoes.

Materials are far less durable and most of the 'gel' is just coloured foam for example. Narrower fit also.

• Advertisement

sconhome wrote: »
    There is a massive difference between kids shoes and adult shoes.

Materials are far less durable and most of the 'gel' is just coloured foam for example. Narrower fit also.

Was thinking that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chrismc31

Yes I bought Junior Brooks last year thinking I was getting a great bargain. Went out for a couple of runs in them but definitely not at much support at the adult ones. Keep them for TRX class now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I doubt if the junior ones are designed to support 60kg and high mileage.

Advertisement